Civil War in the Ukraine?

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, Jan 20, 2014.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

One thing about getting older is I found myself for many years waking right up bolt awake in the middle of the night without even trying or wanting. I think as we get older God gives us lots of natural little penances to clean our pots before moving onwards.

I don't like to waste the nights vigils and try to use them for something spiritual. My own favourite is to travel spiritually back in time to San Giovanni Rotoundo and sit up in the old Church loft watching Padre Pio pray. I find watching Padre Pio praying or even walking about in my imagination is such a comfort and encouragement ; it beats counting sheep anyway.:D

View attachment 1663

I find too being sleepless brings the most interesting dreams.

A couple of nights ago I dreamt I was in the home of a very wealthy lady in upstate New York. She had a huge walk in wardrobe and was standing with a few friends picking out an outfit to go out for the night with them with. I think her ward robe was as big as more whole appartment. :)

This lady was dissatisfied. She was a top Satanist , one of the most powerful in her country with full magical powers, through the use of demons. As an example she awed her companions by caused the large roll out clothes rack to rise off the ground and shake from side to side.

But the reason why this lady was dissatisfied is she considered the powers she had as very small beer compared to the great miracle working powers of the Catholic saints; like Padre Pio. She wanted much, much more and the demons could not come across with the goods.

I felt a little sorry for her; selling her soul for a deep place in hell for what? Shaking a rolling clothes hanger ? She was right to be dissatisfied. The first thing true faith brings us is happiness and peace , the first thing Satanism brings us is deep unhappiness and loss of peace.

I have no idea how true this dream was , but I will pray for this poor lady and her friends.

Still it is a great puzzle why God does not strike some people stone dead. God is very,very merciful.:)

mothersuperior7 likes this.
  2. I went by that Cathedral when I was in Ukraine. It looks VERY strange and modern.

[​IMG]

3. [​IMG]
    A priest stood in a protest camp in Kiev, Ukraine. When riot police drove demonstrators from Independence Square on Saturday, many fled to a monastery.

His Beatitude Sviatoslav Shevchuk, Major Archbishop of Kyiv Halych of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic:
    [​IMG]

Cardinal Lubomyr Husar, former head of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, arrives to speak to demonstrators ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kiev (AFP) - The Ukrainian government has threatened to outlaw the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church for holding prayer services for opposition protesters ...

THESE ARE OUR PRIESTS AND BISHOPS FOLKS! THESE MEN ARE CATHOLIC PRIESTS AND LOYAL TO THE POPE! THE UKRAINIAN GREEK CATHOLIC CHURCH IS ONE OF OUR CHURCHES!! THE GOVT. (PRO RUSSIA) GOVT. IS THREATENING TO OUTLAW THE CATHOLIC CHURCHES IN UKRAINE!! THIS IS WAR!

Miriam likes this.
  4. Peter B

Peter B Powers

5. garabandal

garabandal Powers

6. Peter B

Peter B Powers

Followed some of the opposition speeches on Polish TV last night. Truly dramatic events are unfolding here, not only in Kiev but also in other Ukrainian cities: as predicted, the West of the country (Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk etc.) is pretty much pro-European, with police going over to the side of the demonstrators. In places such as Donetsk, on the other hand, support for Janukovych is stronger and there have even been rallies in front of statues of Lenin (although from what I can see this basically consist of a handful of 90 year-olds).

The opposition are insisting that the government must scrap the recent laws giving it dictatorial powers; apparently they have announced that there will be no rally today.

7. picadillo

picadillo Guest

Putin has comtrol of energy now he's trying to grab control of the food. Sounds like getting ready for a major war.

8. garabandal

garabandal Powers

9. Was told today by my Ukrainian friend that the Ukrainian Revolution started in 1919 on the exact same date as this one today--January 22nd!! Coincidence? I think not!! Also, the govt. thugs are being paid $13 (equivalent) to rough people up. There are people disappearing from hospitals and homes. Pray for them!! Its a very corrupt place.

Video and photo from Dnipropetrovsk. Govt. hired thugs beat activists in Dnipropetrovsk together with police. 26.01 http://goo.gl/1IxKGE |PR News ‪#‎euromaidanPR‬

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  10. PRAYER

Good is our God, sweetest Jesus Christ , do not let the evil forces that have so plagued capture our country. I beg you, do not let our country dominated by cynicism and cruelty. Our dear Lord Do not allow invasion by any other state. I beg you, dear God, sincere and devout people , that thou evil forces drove and took tension in our citizens that were guided by reason , not emotion , everyone was able to make the right choice, because it affects the future of Ukraine and the relation of the world to her . Like our God, let our country forever filled with love , kindness , sincerity, piety . Do not let God, that is dominated by falsehood and hypocrisy. Throughout let Your Holy Will is done , not ours . Amen !
    [​IMG]

11. 2014-01-25 16:19:09

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ukraine movement a ‘Maidan of dignity’, says bishop
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Vatican Radio) The protests in an increasing number of public squares across Ukraine are more about a growing people’s movement than plain political expression, says a Ukrainian Greek Catholic bishop.

While the media is reporting that the ongoing protests are motivated by the Ukrainian government’s refusal to sign an agreement that would have steered Ukraine towards Europe, Bishop Borys Gudziak says the story “has a much broader context and a much deeper quality.”

The Maidan movement is a reaction against the general atmosphere of fear and intimidation in Ukraine and against wanton corruption in the country, he said. It is a movement of principle and dignity, with spiritual expression.

“The people are morally exhausted,” he told Vatican Radio. “So… what began as a Euro-Maidan movement…is really now a Maidan of dignity, a Maidan of citizens recognizing something that is rather transcendental and that is fundamentally spiritual— that every person is created in dignity in the image and likeness of God.”

Listen to the full interview with Bishop Borys Gudziak: [​IMG][​IMG]

Bishop Gudziak heads the Ukrainian Greek Catholic eparchy of France, Belgium and Luxembourg. He also serves as president of the Ukrainian Catholic University in Lviv.

“After 20-odd years of independence, Ukraine is maybe halfway on the pilgrimage from the land of captivity to the promised land,” he said, as many aspects of the former totalitarian regime are only slowly being pushed aside. “Dropping the cloak of slavery is not easy.”

Protest leaders include many from the Ukrainian middle class; about two-thirds of protesters have university degrees, he said.

The clergy from the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, the various Orthodox churches, the Roman Catholic Church and Protestant communities, as well as Jewish and Muslim clerics, have joined protesters seeking to minister to their spiritual needs.

“Basically, the churches have come to where the people have asked them to be,” said the bishop.

The religious presence in the main Independence Square in Kiev is obvious. Acting in accord, the churches hold ecumenical prayer on Sundays at noon. And throughout the night, when fear of violence is greatest, prayer is led from the main stage on the hour every hour, said the bishop. Religious services are held and “ecclesial tents” are set up in the square, where people can pray quietly before an icon, access the sacrament of confession and spiritual guidance.

“The Church, following the basic insight expressed by Pope Francis, is trying to make sure that the pastors have the smell of the sheep,” he stated.

In early January, the Ukrainian Ministry of Culture sent a letter to the Major Archbishop of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, His Beatitude Sviatoslav Shevchuk, stating that the Church’s involvement in the protest could lead to a revocation of its legal status.

“That is a very serious threat expressed to a Church that for much of the 20th century, by the powers that be, was outlawed,” Bishop Gudziak said .

From 1945 to 1989, the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church was the biggest illegal Church in the world and the biggest body of resistance in the Soviet Union, he stated. It did not collaborate with the regime; as a result, by 1945, all of its bishops were imprisoned.

“Because of its free and dignified stance in the Soviet times, it emerged into the period of Ukrainian independence with unique moral authority,” he explained. Today, the Church exerts a very big influence on issues of freedom, dignity, justice, and equality before the law.

“The Church speaks about these principles because they are the principles of our Saviour,” Bishop Gudziak said.

He commented on how numerous protesters are being beaten and harassed and how many students of the Ukrainian Catholic University have been intimidated by calls from the police and the secret service.

“One must realize that in a country where so many people were killed, so many people were sent to Siberia, so many people were spied on, a call from the secret service to the students' personal cell phone is a very invasive action that creates great trepidation and insecurity,” he said.

“The fear in Ukraine is only skin deep,” he continued, “and you scratch the surface and it pops out. Because the system killed systematically, people are afraid of the system. This movement of the Maidan is actually a response to this fear.”

The bishop called for prayers for peace and for conversion in Ukraine. He also urged people to become informed about the “real-life story” that is developing there, to understand the importance of Ukraine in Europe’s geopolitics. He called for people to express their solidarity with the Ukrainian protesters by writing letters and appealing to political leaders.

“This experience of the 20th century, in which people of faith and other people of good will stood up to the greatest human challenge, the challenge of totalitarianism, this school of faith has much to offer to western Europe and to the broader international and ecclesial community,” he said.

“I think Ukraine and the Church in Ukraine has a great responsibility to share this story,” he concluded. “Today, this Church is growing and I am convinced that it has a vocation to help the universal Church in ways that are still unknown.”

Report and interview by Laura Ieraci

Text from page http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/201..._‘maidan_of_dignity’,_says_bishop_/en1-767406
    of the Vatican Radio website

12. picadillo

picadillo Guest

Reports are out saying there is a conflict between Armenia (Christian) and Azerbajian (Muslim) where 39 Armenians have been killed. Interestingly, US/West backs the Muslims and Russia backs the Christians.

13. New blog post.

Over the last few days the Revolution gained unexpected support from the Ukrainian football fans that publicly denounced the actions of the authorities and declared they will assist Maidan in its fight for freedom.

“Those who will go to Kyiv to “earn” had better not come home to Luhansk afterwards!!! If you happen to come across any information about people that propose earning money in this manner, please notify the admins!!! The reaction will be without delay!!! Remember about your honour!!!”.

All Ultras organizations mentioned their rejection of political process and stressed that they are pro mass protest of all society levels against the executive power which crossed the line. Football fans of Ukraine, often called Hooligans by the press, is an entire subculture with its own definition of solidarity, honor and dignity. Most Maidan activists believed football fans to be the electorate of the opposite barricade side, pro-Russian Party of Regions, due to common social backgrounds with ‘titushki’. However, today the Ultras openly declared their rejection of corruption and unjust laws of the Yanukovich parliament. Now they realized they cannot step aside, football fans are involved with the revolution movement.

[​IMG]

14. where did you hear this? What website?

15. Protesters replacing broken windows in Ukrainian House on Evropeyska square.

As written previously on our page, it was discovered yesterday that a large number of militia (govt. snipers who were shooting people in the square)were located in the Ukrainian House. After the House was assaulted and after militia finally left the House, protesters occupied the building and started to clean it, repair the windows that were broken earlier. The activists also saw round the house and discovered that the place where militia ate was full of alcohol.

16. picadillo

picadillo Guest

17. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

Going back to a post on page 2 about an EMP attack in the US. I used to think that this would occur but after much research I don't see it happening to the US by a superpower like Russia or China but possibly by a smaller nation like N. Korea or Iran soley because surely Russia or China would know that this would not only mean the end of the US but the end of the world. If you EMP the US and the nuclear facilities are not hardened then within a few weeks the generators would fail and you would have complete nuclear core meltdowns. There are 65 nuclear power plants in US and 104 nuclear reactors. If these meltdown it will be the end of the world.

18. picadillo

picadillo Guest