1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Churchmen with Chests

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by padraig, Jan 22, 2018.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

Wonderful article:

https://www.crisismagazine.com/2018/an-uncertain-sound

'The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.'

Winston Churchill

[​IMG]

sunburst, CathyG and AED like this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

For people who have little or nothing to loose it is so easy to risk all. For powerful and influential Churchmen this is not so; they have much to loose.

Like the rich young man in Scripture.

Don_D, CathyG and AED like this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

Wonderful quote!

4. padraig

padraig New Member

Churchill was great in time of war. I think we are in a time of Great Spiritual War at the moment. I wonder how many people really realise this? Pope St John Paul certainly did.

[W]e are facing an enormous and dramatic clash between good and evil, death and life, the “culture of death” and the “culture of life”. We find ourselves not only faced with but necessarily in the midst of this conflict: we are all involved and we all share in it, with the inescapable responsibility of choosing to be unconditionally pro-life.”
    Evangelium Vitae,

[​IMG]

Pray4peace, Don_D, Carol55 and 4 others like this.
  5. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Padraig, Wow, another wonderful photo of Pope Saint John Paul II! Thank you for posting this.

6. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Yes, to whom much is given much will be required.
    I don't know that this relates simply to the materialistic or state in life but I am sure that it serves that meaning as well as the Spirit.
    It seems to me that especially those who have been given much in the Gifts of the Spirit, a great deal is required from them. For who lights a lamp only to place it under a basket?
    I did not understand this about the Catholic Faith. Instead thinking it some kind of requirement to work our way to Heaven if that were even remotely possible. It is the outpouring of the gifts we have received. Manifesting in the world for others to witness.
    If we do not heed that call I can't imagine the result is good. May we all be that light that shines in the world.

7. padraig

padraig New Member

Some people say that the gifts we are given are given for others. I suspect this may be true.

sterph likes this.