1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Chirstmas Miracles.

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by padraig, Dec 29, 2016.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

I believe the world around Christmastide is a world so full of grace that the world is so full of the grace and glory of God that she lifts up her skirts a little so that we can see the light brimming form underneath, at least if we have the time and eyes to see.

I was in the supermarket on the Friday before Christmas just after getting out from work and the place was a mad house. I hate shopping at the best of times and people were playing crash cars with their trolleys , there was a kind of mad buying rush.

I can be as ruthless and cut throat as the best of them and was delighted when I got to pay out just ahead of a poor woman with a huge load of food for her (what must have been ) very large family. As I watched her with a certain amount of pride at having beaten her to the draw I saw her kind of deflate and her head dropped down to her trolley and it was plain to see she exhausted. Summoning what little good will was in me I offered to let her go ahead first.

She perked up at once and was, clearly, delighted. She thanked me profusely. But when she got to paying time, disaster. She had forgotten her purse. We waited many minutes til l she went out to the car park and I , feeling even more sorry for her hoped and prayed she had not left the darn thing at home.

Waiting I had time to wonder about her. Where were her husband and children to help her? Why was she so alone ? Why so exhausted?

When she returned she again apologised and said to me that everything had gone wrong for her that day. But at least she had her card to pay.

It came to me that although we criticise folks for being materialistic at Christmas hers was a very good kind of materialism, for she was giving all she had to feed her family through the holidays. She was exhausted , yes.

But exhausted through trying to help others. By giving herself.

So she was a Christmas angel in teaching me something about a mothers love at Christmas. A very tired Christmas angel but still, an angel.

She mad emy heart sing a little watching her, my Christmas miracle.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    sparrow, "Quis ut Deus" and josephite like this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

A couple of days later, in the very early morning while walking through the dark, cold, empty streets with the dogs a young man shouted across the street at me. Thinking he was out of his head with dogs and returning from an all night rave I ignored him and stepped opt a little faster, thanking God I had two Japanese Akita's with me, the canine equivalent of pump action shotguns:D:D:D

But the young guy came up swiftly behind me, after crossing the street and shouted that he had something for me. Curious, I turned and he handed me a silver coin and said that it was meant for me. He then went away. Curious I tried to look at it , but it was too dark. I had to wait until i got home to read it.

I still have it now.

On one side were two feet.

On the other side words were written as follows:

'Follow the footprints of the Lord. They will lead you in troubled times and lighten your life'

Another little Christmas miracle and angel.

I must see if I can post a picture of the coin.:)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    sparrow, CathyG, Indy and 3 others like this.
  3. Yes I had the chance this Christmas to get a glimpse a special moment..

I went to Christmas mass in Clonard and of course the chapel was packed luckily I managed to get a seat for all of my family but I couldn't see the altar too well because the guy in front of me was let's just say very large I was enjoying the folk choir singing and the mass was feeling just that little bit special, on my way to receive my communion the choir started to sing Oh Holy Night and they sang it so well you could here a pin drop, I was kneeling praying and just at the line in the song Behold your king, the guy in front of me moved and I had the most beautiful glimpse of the crib all I could see was our Holy Mother kneeling before her child and the light shining above her head I must say I had a huge lump in my throat, when we were getting ready to leave my youngest daughter pointed to the seat she was sitting on and someone had carved the name Micheal yet another little message from heaven as if the wife's father was saying hello Merry Christmas..

sparrow and josephite like this.
  4. CrewDog

CrewDog Powers

Here it is I expect ... but who was "The Guy" giving it?
    https://www.hazelden.org/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?item=901&sitex=10020:22372:US
    MERRY 5th DAY OF CHRISTMAS :)

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!
    JRS.jpg

josephite and sparrow like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

josephite likes this.
  6. josephite

josephite Powers

How blessed you are padraig!

I would love it and nearly stop breathing, if a stranger came up to me and presented me with this acknowledgment of Heavens Love and protection!

FOOTPRINTS

One night I dreamed a dream.
    As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
    Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
    For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
    One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
    I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
    I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
    especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
    there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
    "Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
    You'd walk with me all the way.
    But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
    there was only one set of footprints.
    I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
    Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
    When you saw only one set of footprints,
    It was then that I carried you."

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    CrewDog likes this.