Charlie's Perceptive Take

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Mario, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatima

Fatima Powers

I fully respect others discernment as to prophecy. What I find objectionable, is for a Christian to be uncharitable in their dissent or attacks on what others strongly support. A badgering of sort until the other person lashes back to defend their own apostolate and belief. Unless an apparition or message has been disproved, or is contrary to Catholic faith or morals it is best to stay neutral, for a person may be fighting, not against the believer, but against heaven its self. If/when an alleged messenger, as in MDM and LTTW prove themselves out, then we can say "I knew it" and boast about being right. But until then, best to heed Amos 3:7 "for surely the Lord God does nothing without revealing his plan to his prophets, his messengers" and pray about whether heaven is speaking in these times at the end of an age, which I have no doubt it is.

JAA, DonnaS and Sorrowful Heart like this.
  2. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Ah, but here is your dilemma. Scripture clearly tells us, "do not despise prophecy, but test and retain what is good". True, private revelation is not part of the deposit of faith, rather it is the guide or compass to our future and present moments given from heaven on how to live and apply the faith for our times. So it has much value within our journey, as this is the means scripture tells us heaven will be speaking to us on events pending fulfillment.

Ed Kleese and Sorrowful Heart like this.
  3. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Where does your duty stop if you truly believe that your fellow Catholics are being led down the garden path by an unapproved "messenger"? There are folk still following MDM and possibly LTTW. As far as I know MDM publishes in Spanish which is probably the language of the majority of practising Catholics. No bishop approved her but Bishops have other things to do than trawl social media warning people to be careful and drawing attention to cultish tendencies. She got her oxygen from supposedly devout Catholics who believed that the Bishops were too slow or too blinkered to acknowledge that Heaven was sending us warnings. Truly devout Catholics faithful to the Magisterium will have deserted her by now, but what about weaker folk whom they introduced to her messages and continue to follow her? If even one of those souls is lost, who bears responsibility: MDM and the lost soul are responsible, but how much responsibility lies with the person who drew in that person and any others recruited subsequently? How much responsibility lies with people who didn't believe but kept quiet because they preferred to stay neutral? Most of them don't speak Spanish and won't be following MDM around South American social media warning people against her while neutral Latin Americans are waiting until she trips herself up rather than "badger" her strong supporters.

4. little me

little me Archangels

Not a dilemma at all. Hating prophecy is different than not believing it. If one is living according to the laws of the Church already then a reiteration given in a private revelation changes nothing for that individual.

5. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

We absolutely do not need any prophecy if we have truly submitted to the Lord and His will in our life. I like to think of the most holy cloistered, silent clergy in this analysis. They probably have zero interest in prophecy other than praying and fasting for the world because they live in complete Trust and have removed themselves from all worldly things and though their body remains in this world, their spirit already rests in His kingdom. However, prophecy is and will be and has always been a tool for the faithful to 1. know the events we are in and to strengthen our faith and increase our prayer efforts for all of creation and 2. To convert the cold or reignite the luke warm because it is a testament to the glory of God as prophetic events are fulfilled. Test everything if you want to or ignore everything if you don't need it. We are all different. I for one love to read it because I don't want to miss the true words from Our Father and Mother in heaven. I hope and pray that in this trust, they will not let me be deceived for I already belong to them. Safe in the hearts of Jesus and Mary!

6. Fatima

Fatima Powers

I disagree in this regard. Our Lady of Fatima asks us and the Pope, united with the world's bishops, to perform special tasks to keep Russia from fomenting war and anhilating countries and warned us that the good would be martyred and the Holy Father would have much to suffer if her requests were not heeded. Now this is not within the deposit of faith and one can ignore it and still good to heaven, but through our refusal and the popes refusal to do specifically what our Lady asks for will cause global upheval. Heaven gives us prophecy as a means of commincating with the church militant here on earth and it seems essential then that ignoring heaven's prophecy will not go unpunished.

7. Charlie Johnston

Charlie Johnston Archangels

I am glad to see that my critics here, instead of claiming that I am wrong as they were saying just a year ago, now claim that though I am right, anybody could see it coming. You will note in my Archbishop's letter cautioning people to be prudent in listening to me, he also noted that they studied materials going back to 1998 from the archives. I did not just start saying these things recently, though I did just start saying them publicly a few years ago. The main reasons no restrictions were put on my content, in either my website or my presentations, is because I have been theologically sound, consistent, and obedient to the Church. They made no comment on my prophecies because they know, as you do, that they will or will not unfold in real time. Much already has.

I still see more than a few things that reference things I never said, or put the worst possible spin on things I did. Ah, well...and so it goes. I rarely respond to these sorts of things any more, for we are in the fullness of the Storm, though it will get worse before it begins to get better. These things come whether anyone believes or not...and the question is will you, as they come, humbly decide to acknowledge God, take the next right step and be a sign of hope or will you double down just to convince yourself you knew the mind of God all along? There are plenty of Jobs here, honestly expressing bewildered anguish at the state of the world. But there are plenty of Job's pious friends here, too.

An absolute key, something not subject to interpretation on mine or anyone else's part, is whether or not the next national leader in the US comes from outside the political system and Obama does not finish his term. If that failed, then you would not need to view me with more skepticism. I would take early retirement after wishing you all well and still encouraging you to acknowledge God, take the next right step, and be a sign of hope. But the large sweep of what I have been told all my life, have told my Priests for 21 years, and written publicly about for three years has been true. I promised, beginning when I was a boy, to speak in His name if these things came to pass. I would be a miserable worm if I did not keep my promise.

I check the forum here out every few days, though I rarely comment here. I fear I would only add to the rising confusion that is infecting the world and trigger bitter debate. I have met many fine people through here who I hold in great affection. I will continue to drop by. I hope we can all keep our eyes on Jesus and not let bitter arguments pull us away from building each other up.

sterph, Jonah, Jon and 10 others like this.
  8. I don't understand. I don't see any "bitterness" in this discussion. Yes, some may present facts about the long ago start of our worldwide "storm" or wonder about Charlie's particular non-acceptance of approved mystics who long ago mentioned the future and were specific about what rather "cosmic" events were expected to come without change and repentance. Why would such simple comparisons or logical questions be considered as "bitter"? Or are there some other statements that offended that I'm not aware of? There have been some mentions about such questions re: more specifics that have apparently been met with some disdain for even asking as if the questioner was being personal rather than just factual, but that isn't something not to be expected when someone appears to wish to be a guide for so many. But, "bitter"? I don't think so.

9. Dolours

Dolours Guest

I feel no bitterness towards you, Charlie. If your prophecy comes true, I will give you credit. If it doesn't, I will warn people to avoid you. Meanwhile, I will tell folk that it is best to wait for Church approval before putting too much trust in private revelations. At least you give a realistic timeline rather than stringing people along for decades with vague hints about catastrophic events to happen on secret dates or messages written in invisible ink. I like your message to trust in God and take the next right step. God bless.

Harper, Dean, Mac and 2 others like this.
  10. DonnaS

DonnaS Guest

Sam likes this.
  11. Little Me's Big Brother

Little Me's Big Brother 1.21 jigawatts

Check out this link: https://charliej373.wordpress.com/2016/03/07/the-gamaliel-option/
    It explains every as it has to do with Charlie's investigation my The Archdiocese of Denver. A copy of the formal text is at the bottom of the article.

12. He (Archbishop Aquila) noted that while I insist that the ‘prophetic’ aspects of my message are not essential and should not be the focus, nonetheless the ‘prophetic’ nature of them is what attracts many readers.

Hmmm.....what if Lucia of Fatima or Bernadette of Lourdes or Sister Agnes Katsuko Sasagawa of Akita, Japan said "the 'prophetic' aspects of my message are not essential"? I mean if they aren't essential and only a drawing card to attract people initially, then isn't it at least a bit disingenuous to sort of apologize for them after that first necessary attraction of the audience takes place? Just seems a little disconcerting to try to comprehend.

Fatima likes this.
  13. Charlie is well respected here and many good people believed in him. I believe he was chosen to help people in the tribulation. But... We have that Charlie message of the last normal christmas, the message of rapture or something like that, etc. There will be the message of elections this year. Let's see. There is a list of things that I see as a not very secure message to listen. At least the prophetic messages. The general messages is like a good preacher.

FreshEggs likes this.
  14. Timothius722

Timothius722 Archangels

Now this is a prophecy...you will all die and you are all subject to pay taxes...now prove me wrong :barefoot::sneaky::coffee::confused::love:

15. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Nonsense:)
    Im gonna live forever...'If any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever; and the bread that I will give, is my flesh, for the life of the world.'
    And I receive more subsidies than I pay tax.:ROFLMAO:

Andy3 and Dean like this.
  16. Timothius722

Timothius722 Archangels

Will you share some of your subsidies...I can give you cigarettes...and besides...if your gonna live forever cigarettes can't give you cancer. (y)

Andy3 and Mac like this.
  17. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

So Charlie...your turn to get the wrath of MOG. You are lucky you were protected so long. All prophets go through the same thing.

18. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Not making any judgement here at all as I am not enlightened enough to do so, but just asking, what if there are no elections? Will you Charlie reveal more of what is to come? Will communications to do so exist? What do you see coming as a result of all of this?
    Given the state of the world with the constant threats of war that currently exist, what do you ...or how do you intend to reveal "the next right step"?

Do you see the possibility of elections in the US occurring...or do you see this as an absolute?

19. Little Me's Big Brother

I have to admit, I haven't heard of you or your writings until today. I apologize Kev, but I will go and check them out. Can you attach a link to the specific articles when you get a chance?
    Thank you!

20. Little Me's Big Brother

Dang

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.