1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Charlie's Perceptive Take

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Mario, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mario

Mario Powers

Lest one gets bogged down in the sequence of events which Charlie highlights towards the end of his latest blog entry, I just want to say I posted it because of the wisdom he shares concerning the quandary we find ourselves in as a nation.

https://charliej373.wordpress.com/2016/06/14/times-of-fulfillment/

Great job, Charlie. I commend you. Thanks!

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

2. padraig

padraig New Member

Charlies a great writer and thinker. I don't envy him the job God has given him though. A hard road.

3. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

As you can imagine this paragraph caught my eye :D:D

Yesterday was the 99th anniversary of the second Marian apparition at Fatima. Our Lady warned that if Russia were not consecrated to her Immaculate Heart, the errors of that benighted nation would spread throughout the world. And so they have. Not until 1984 was the world formally consecrated – and it was after the errors had already been spread far and wide. Yes, I know of all who complain that the ’84 consecration was not as Our Lady said it should be. I weary of the argument. It is like listening to a petulant child who thinks, after the horses have gotten out, that if we just shut the barn-doors now, like Mom told us to do in the first place, the horses will magically reappear. Had we obeyed initially, we would not have gotten into such a dire situation. But having failed, the facts on the ground changed – and so, too, did the Church’s response. We must deal with both the consequences of our failure and adjust our approach.

If it makes you weary then why give your own opinion about it. Like your own opinion deserves to be read, but other opinions are wearisome???

Pray4peace, Frodo and earthtoangels like this.
  4. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Common Mac, at least Charlie is prepared to say it like it is. And God knows we need to stop moaning about what the Church did or did not do in 1960. Let us stop living in the past.

WE the people ARE the Church. We the people have NOT committed to making the 5 First Saturdays. We the people have a lot to answer for, to our GOD.

5. Mac

'The prophetic mission of Fatima is not complete'.

Fatima is not in the past. It will play out.
    All the way I suspect. Including the Annihilation of Nations.

'' THE HORSES WILL MAGICALLY REAPPEAR'' How condescending is that to Our Lady?

Isn’t it too late for the consecration of Russia anyway, since Russia’s errors have already spread throughout the world?
    A: No! As Our Lord Himself confided to Sister Lucy at Rianjo in August of 1931: “They did not wish to heed My request! ... Like the King of France, they will repent of it, and they will do it, but it will be late. Russia will already have spread its errors in the world ...”

So the consecration will ultimately be done, and, as Our Lady promised at Fatima, “In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph. The Holy Father will consecrate Russia to Me, which will be converted, and a period of peace will be given to mankind.” Our Lord Himself confided to Sister Lucy, regarding the consecration, that
    “It is never too late to have recourse to Jesus and Mary.”

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  6. Julia

Of course we are waiting for the Triumph of Immaculate Heart of Mary, and the fulfilment of Fatima.

But we can't do any good complaining about what the Church has or has not done in relation to the third secret of Fatima.

And it seems to me heads have been rolling in Syria already, like the King of France. Who knows if heads will start to roll in Europe too, even hierarchical heads. We can pray this does not happen. 5 First Saturdays...

7. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Yesterday was the 99th anniversary of the second Marian apparition at Fatima. Our Lady warned that if Russia were not consecrated to her Immaculate Heart, the errors of that benighted nation would spread throughout the world. And so they have. Not until 1984 was the world formally consecrated – and it was after the errors had already been spread far and wide.

Once again, (there have been others) simply doesn't follow what premise is attempted to be made there and, btw, the "world" had been previously consecrated in a formal attempt.

On October 31 1942, Pope Pius XII performed the Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for the entire world.

And the fact that "Russia" is nowhere in that particularly cited consecration, 1984, sorta negates whatever premise was trying to be supported.

And, btw, JPII actually made 3 attempts at a consecration none of which "formally" consecrated Russia by name with the involvement of all of the bishops....1982, 83, and 84.

and remember, all the bishops must be ordered to join in such a consecration of Russia by name....so unfulfilled in so many ways. But Charlie somehow finds a completion somewhere there just as he has in other columns derived another type of Warning other than what St. Faustina and Garabandal both predict...and that is because he thinks God just doesn't do spectacular things, and people just shouldn't ever expect such events of prophecy to really happen, and such seers just got it wrong....as did all those other approved mystics of the Church. Huh?

So the excuse for the continuing and increasing of horrors in the world currently is that it wasn't until 1984 that the "world" was "formally" consecrated (and yet without even the world consecration being totally joined by all the bishops) and all those errors of Russia had already been spread....so I guess it's now beyond any attempt for clean up, ergo, that means that era of peace just won't be anything more than people just being nice to each other and simply repeat what the early Christian communities attempted....no supernatural era like nothing experienced before, including the first Garden/Divine Will being done as always intended by the Father since Adam's rejected of that Will; no new light and no "re-creation" of human beings nor "renewal" of the face of the earth via the Holy Spirit. Gee, not much to look forward to. And why then did God send His mother with all those apparitions when everything would just complete itself on its own...without following those orders from heaven? Beats me!

8. Sorrowful Heart

Sorrowful Heart Principalities

I have seen the arguements for the consecration having been done, and they are good. However I still have my doubts.

The one that concerns me most is that according to the Marian Movement of Priests, Our Lady said that it did not fulfill all of her requests.

http://www.ewtn.com/v/experts/showmessage_print.asp?number=333936&language=en

Another doubt I have is that I see relativism spreading through the world, one of the major tenets of communism. The spread of communism is still happening, it just is not taking the name of communism.

Yet another doubt is that after the consecration we are supposed to have a time of peace. Since 1984 we have had next to no peace, and right now the we are escalating into chaos.

Last as many Catholics have noticed the year of mercy is prior to the 100th anniversary of Fatima. I take this as a sign.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Julia and sparrow like this.
  9. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

The one that concerns me most is that according to the Marian Movement of Priests, Our Lady said that it did not fulfill all of her requests.

The conflicting statements, one following the other, of Vatican authorities (Bertone and Benedict) about whether the third secret has been completely expressed. This also gives evidence of how C. Bertone wanted to relegate Fatima to the past for his own reasons....some of which can be guessed at by his own most recent coverage in the news re: his own life style in "retirement" and from whom he received financing for his luxurious apartment overlooking even the Pope's own humble dwelling. God bless the Marian Movement of Priests for the sake of faithful Marian priests who wish to comply exactly with the orders coming to the faithful from heaven through the Blessed Mother of God and such requests being driven by the Divine Will of the Father:

http://radiomaria.us/tag/russia/

Sorrowful Heart likes this.
  10. dust

dust New Member

Charlie wrote about a family that I know, detailing his visit with them. He described their youngest child as pugnacious. I had a general idea of what the word meant, but because Charlie has a formidable vocabulary, and I wanted to thoroughly understand what he stated, I looked up that particular word. He was utterly wrong in his description. I brought my observation to the forum despite being really uncomfortable disagreeing, and was vaguely threatened for my interpretation...something about being banished to the outer whatever...but I escaped that judgement from Charlie. I remain on guard because of my solid experience and an ongoing relationship with this little child who is extraordinarily serene. So, if Charlie is going to interpret something, sent from what he perceives to be authentically divine, I may interpret it differently. I am not opposing Charlie at all, with charity and love for the truth, I just truly have had a common experience with him and his interpretation of it was shockingly inaccurate. I do not know what to make of it, but I did begin to back away from Charlie's translation. Maybe a rescue on a certain date will come across, but I doubt this and fear for the gentle, kind, and worried souls who could be hurt by Charlie's interpretation of....reality. I am not an enemy of Charlie. He seems to feel uncomfortable with his public mission , abhors vanity, and has committed himself to total submission to God. I hope you are not wrong on this narrow path you are leading some precious souls upon. Jesus said, forgive them as they do not know what they are doing. That includes every single one of....US!

Booklady, FreshEggs, Dolours and 3 others like this.
  11. Mac

Charlie told his followers that Pope Francis would really hit his stride ,or something like that, some months ago. All Pope Francis has done since then is bring forward more and more good Catholics who believe he is leading the Church astray, particularly with AL.

Does anyone think Charlie was right about Pope Francis? [obviously Joe C is not currently here to give the thumbs up.]

12. dust

dust New Member

Our Pope is Our Pope. He asks for prayers. How blessed we are to participate in Our Eternal Father's plans by praying for Peter's successor.

13. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Dust, Charlie was talking about our Andrew (Drew). This is Tom and I'm going to guess who you are (Hi there!). You see him usually when we left him in the nursery before we would go up to Mass (right?). That's Sunday morning and he is always serene in the mornings, especially so when we go to Mass. The Spirit is strong in Drew, he loves it when we pray together and even is fairly calm during our family rosaries.

But when Charlie met him last year it was dinner time and Drew was almost 2 years old. My wife calls it the witching hour. Drew was having a bit of the terrible 2s going on and was being a fussy eater at that stage (no more now, he takes after me with a love for a good meal now). So what Charlie saw was quite different from what you see and Drew has progressed so well he will be coming up to Mass with us each Sunday now :)

So just for an FYI as context is important, I love my son as I do all my kids and he's pretty much through his terrible 2s now but what Charlie saw last year at dinner was a stubborn little overtired guy who didn't want to eat his food:

pug·na·cious
    pəɡˈnāSHəs/
    adjective
    1. eager or quick to argue, quarrel, or fight.
      "the increasingly pugnacious demeanor of politicians"
      synonyms:combative, aggressive, antagonistic, belligerent, bellicose, warlike, quarrelsome, argumentative, contentious, disputatious, hostile, threatening, truculent;
      fiery, hot-tempered
      "this looks like the kind of dive that appeals to pugnacious patrons"

padraig, Patty, Mario and 4 others like this.
  14. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

That happened all the time in the beginning of that forum. So people either gave up even politely asking specific questions because they were either immediately chastised by Charlie to dare question him or they were labeled as "vain" for continuing to question his ideas after he had anointed those ideas himself! (esp. when he differed with approved mystics or even saints)....or they were simply no longer permitted to comment. The real sad part is that there is no longer anyone other than the "bandwagon" cheerleaders who evidently are now too given to the group atmosphere there that even they begin themselves to chastise those who actually still think for themselves and don't swallow everything without even chewing first!! I know of other situations where Charlie has met with persons within other apostolates in the Church who questioned him rather specifically about what he actually means within his generalizations, only then to have their pictures placed on his threads without their permission, and then taking the opportunity to make condescending remarks, cloaked in sugar, about them. That's a bit like the reaction of a narcissist.

15. Nicodemus

Nicodemus New Member

God bless you all.
    I have some questions.
    Were all of the saints completely saintly, not just in their actions, but was every aspect of their personality saintly? Was any saint perfect? Did Padre Pio ever lose his temper? How about Saint Peter? Did he ever make a mistake? Were all of the saints always correct about everything?
    Charlie is no saint. Why should we expect more from him than we do the saints of our holy Church?
    It is one thing to disagree with someone's opinions. That's fine. And it's fine to question people and critically examine them. But it's another thing all together when we treat our brothers with anything less than charity.
    I am certainly not perfect. Thank God no one pours over my past statements looking for flaws.
    Whether Charlie is right or wrong, he deserves to be treated with the same dignity as any child of God, unique and loved by our Father.
    This is gently delivered, and I hope it is received as gently.

Kwaters, Booklady, CrewDog and 4 others like this.
  16. Julia

Thank you Nicodemus, I wanted to reply along your lines; but stopped in case it turned into a heated debate.

Nicodemus and RoryRory like this.
  17. Little Me's Big Brother

Little Me's Big Brother 1.21 jigawatts

"The real sad part is that there is no longer anyone other than the "bandwagon" cheerleaders who evidently are now too given to the group atmosphere there that even they begin themselves to chastise those who actually still think for themselves and don't swallow everything without even chewing first!!"

Not true. I go there all the time to read the posts and comments and I am no "bandwagon" cheerleader and I ALWAYS think for myself. A generalization like this will cause many people, like me, to pay no attention to any of your further comments on anything.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  18. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Well, perhaps you missed all those in the beginning who chanced to disagree with Charlie, on point, and were not only condescendingly treated but such treatment was doubled by the Charlie fans. Even your response shows no openness to even chance the fact that Charlie does indeed cut out those who have a basis in fact for questioning him. Again, that's all you see there now in his "audience". While he still continues to disagree with the big ticket items like the Warning/Illumination of conscience, after being corrected, he calls those who continue to stand by such Church familiar Saints/mystics and their prophecies, "vain" for continuing their disobedience to his pronouncements. You seem to be a good example of what I mentioned....you also take rather drastic steps to eliminate reading any further enlightening information about your hero!

19. JAK

JAK Principalities

I find it really tiring to listen to squabbles about whose prophecy is correct.

Surely all of us can feel the changes and anticipate the coming upheaval? Even if people don't have the words, even those around me that were blind before are beginning to feel some thing serious is afoot.

We are all trying to make sense of it all and support each other at the same time. If you don't want to follow Charlie J, that's fine. If you don't believe in the messages of Garabandal, Medj that's ok.

Each of us will find the Truth in a different way.

However, there's not much time left

I think any minute now we are going to think about the time we wasted thinking / posting / chit chatting about unnecessary pointless prattle.

Kwaters, CrewDog, Julia and 9 others like this.
  20. dust

dust New Member

Dear Fatima Pilgrim...yes, I do care for your little guy and I will miss him as he graduates upstairs to Mass. Thank you for the correction. It eased my bewilderment. I stand corrected, all. My post seemed to have stirred some controversy and for that I beg pardon.
    God bless

Kwaters, Mario, Dolours and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.