1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Can a consentrated virgin become a nun later

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by sponsa Christi, Sep 21, 2017.

1. sponsa Christi

sponsa Christi Sponsa Christi Catholic with Baptism of desire

can a consentrated virgin become a nun later in life?

2. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I don't see how being a consecrated virgin would prevent someone being a nun. Later in life might be a problem, depending on how late. These are questions that vocations directions will answer for you.

3. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

Depends on how well they concentrate.

:cool:

heyshepard, Mac and Katfalls like this.
  4. Carmel333

Carmel333 Archangels

I would think anyone who has a real vocation from God and is not already vowed to a vocation could become a nun. I ran away from my religious vocation early in life and found it later after I was married. I could not become a 2nd order (cloistered nun) but was able to become a 3rd Order or secular sister in the Carmelite Order. Other orders also have 3rd Orders in which you can be cloistered or in the world. Pope John Paul II was a 3rd Order Carmelite also.

heyshepard, gracia and Dolours like this.
  5. Katfalls

Katfalls Principalities

I have found the same path, I am a Carmelite Third Order thanks to St.Therese The Little Flower. It is through her grace that I found where I belong. A religious vocation was never presented to me when I was young, yet my heart always desired it. I was always a Catholic on the periphery but never lost the desire for My King. In adult life I became more self taught in our faith through a deep desire for it. There are many orders for many different kinds of calling, it is best to do your research well.

heyshepard, gracia and Dolours like this.
  6. Carmel333

Carmel333 Archangels

Great to meet you! My parents left the faith and the Church when I was small and I too never had any encouragement. After a huge conversion someone in a Catholic bookstore handed me a book by St Teresa of Avila and that's who drew me in. But LOVE Therese. I was reading her book Story of a Soul and left it accidently at my parents house. I called later to ask if I left it there and my naughty mom lied and told me she hadn't seen it. They took it on a 2000 mile road trip to florida and read it to each other as they drove. They came back TOTALLY converted, went back to confession and the Church praise God! My mom called me when they got back and apologized for stealing my book LOL :LOL:

Adoremus, BrianK, heyshepard and 5 others like this.
  7. sponsa Christi

sponsa Christi Sponsa Christi Catholic with Baptism of desire

praise God

8. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

Awesome story, thanks! I bet you didn’t mind waiting for the book, all things considered :)

HeavenlyHosts likes this.