1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Call for Moderators

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by padraig, Mar 26, 2013.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

Sheer terror is alright, folks will maybe not be able to help it, but its an unreliable way to get to heaven.

2. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Thanks Padraig- and to our new moderatin' crew: Mario, MS7 and Glenn!

grimisocks likes this.
  3. Rae

Rae New Member

Thank you, Glenn, Mario, and MS7 for stepping up to help Padriag!
    Well done.

God bless,
    ~Rae

RoryRory likes this.
  4. sunburst

sunburst Archangels

Do you think after the warning there may be a few cry babies to deal with? Just a thought.

mothersuperior7 likes this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

I may be one of the cry babies myself.:)

mothersuperior7 and sunburst like this.
  6. Mary's Child

Mary's Child Guest

I so know I am a thorn in the side at times. :oops:..I can only say sorry.

God is so lovely and so merciful that He has taught me Himself not to fear Him. I used to tremble at the thought of Him etc.. He taught me what true fear of the Lord is :)

Do you remember when you were young or even today? There is an auntie/an uncle someone that is so lovely and sweet and so full of goodness and love that it matters to you what they think of you? That you would hate for them to think badly of you because you like them so much that it is important what they think?

And maybe when as a kid you may have said or did something mean or even swore but you would never do it in this person's presence because they are so good and holy that you wouldn't want to offend them?

This is true fear of the Lord. Loving Him for his own sake and not wishing to offend Him because He is so good and so holy and you love Him so much and He is so important to you that you would never ever want to offend him.

You love him so much the thought of offending him overtakes the thought of any punishment, the punishment becomes immaterial in the light of your love for him.

It is also when your worst fear is to be separated from Him. This beautiful person that you love and need so much and want to be with always. :)

This is true fear of the Lord. (y)

Martina, Julia and (deleted member) like this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

Bump.

Moderators needed more than ever. :)

Kick ass types especially welcome:D:D:D

upload_2017-1-8_8-0-28.jpeg

PRAYER TO
    SAINT MICHAEL
    THE ARCHANGEL

St. Michael the Archangel,
    defend us in battle.
    Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
    and do thou,
    O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan,
    and all the evil spirits,
    who prowl about the world
    seeking the ruin of souls. Amen..

Beth B likes this.
  8. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Perfect...invoking St. Michael to protect the MOG forum. Perfect prayer! Thank you Padraig.

9. padraig

padraig New Member

I am afraid the devil has become very restless on the forum and needs a good kick in the chops now and then. I can see now why the Bishop slaps us on the face at Confirmation. :)

Martina and Beth B like this.
  10. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Oh you just gotta love that Irish humor....!:LOL:

11. Martina

Martina Pray Hope and don't worry: Padre Pio

Thank you so much for that, I completely relate to it. I just wish I'd think before I speak or act more often, but I'm still in training I'll get there one day.
    But thank you again you put it together soooooooo well.

12. Martina

Martina Pray Hope and don't worry: Padre Pio

And now I realise how old the post is. There you go good words always get a reaction no matter how old they are ...... hence here we are 2 thousand years on.

josephite and Dolours like this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

Arcangel Michael is now moderator. Not literally the Archangel himself of course. But Ed who goes under that name.

Thank you so much Ed.
    Please show him thanks for doing this by showing him respect.

[​IMG]

Clare A and Mario like this.
  14. heyshepard

heyshepard Principalities

Thank you Marti, Ed, Glenn, and Terry for stepping forward to be moderators. May the Lord bless you and protect you in all your endeavours!
    Respectfully
    Shep
    :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  15. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Thanks from me too.

I'm curious to know whether there's a warning system before being banned............Three strikes and you're out? Yellow card, red card? Warning, sin bin followed by excommunication?

josephite likes this.
  16. padraig

padraig New Member

The computer lets you give a formal warning. It also lets you do things like discourage ip addresses etc. Personally I have never had any system but done things on the hoof. But I always try to give a warning. Everyone is different, I like to think it is common sense.

Some things are so gross though I don;t think they require warnings.

But the forum has been going for years now and I doubt if more than about ten people have been banned out of the thousands who visit every week. The behaviour of people has generally been superb. Especially when you compare this to other places on the net.

But one bad apple can cause immense harm .. Some people have a clear agenda , this takes a while to manifest.

But things go along very well.

This is little short of miraculous considering the often vexed topics entered in
    to.

Dolours, josephite and BrianK like this.
  17. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

I think you do a great job Padraig. Considering you are working full time, taking care of your doggies and getting time to make camping trips.

I appreciate your openness to various apparitions being mentioned. Even if they may not be genuine, at least we can get opinions from other Catholics, and be able to then make up our own minds just as it should be.

Of course there are times when thoughts are expressed that are scary to me. LOL. But we have to accept the diversity of views and opinions to be able to fully share our Faith. God bless you Padraig and take care of you, and all members.

18. Sorry I can't be online more often but be rest assured I do pop in from time to time ;)

Welcome to the fun factory Ed ;):ROFLMAO:(y)

Julia likes this.