1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Call for Moderators

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by padraig, Mar 26, 2013.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

The forum is not so small now. We have nearly six hundred members , with more joining nearly every day. I am afraid I cannot even read every thread never mind every post.

So it occurs to me prayerfully to ask for volunteers to undertake the role of moderator(s).

If I were to indicate areas of special need. Most of the members are from North America, I would say 90% specifically the USA. and so to have moderator(s) in these time zones would be particularly good.

The majority of members, I think are women, so again that would be good.

If they are people who are on the forum, obviously on a regular fairly frequent basis so they can monitor great.

That they should be loyal of course to the Teaching of the Church and loyal to the Holy Father, goes without saying.

Hopefully patient and kind but firm and able to take a stand.

If you think Our Blessed Lady is calling you to this duty which I am afraid will not win you popularity points but the thanks of Our Blessed Mother, please PM me after praying about it.

Thanks in advance,

Padraig

[​IMG]

2. padraig

padraig New Member

Bump

3. Mary's Child

Mary's Child Guest

what does bump mean?

4. Jimmyiz

Jimmyiz Guest

bump pushes the thread up in the Recent Posts list. Bumps it up. Any word or entry would do same but bump is a forum type word used to do that. Makes it more visible because it keeps thread from getting buried underneath.

5. Mary's Child

Mary's Child Guest

ahhhh, thank you Jimmy :)

6. padraig

padraig New Member

Bumpity bump

little me and MomsCalling like this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

Hi,

We got our first moderator ,Glenn volunteered, kind of , bless him for it.

Please show him the same disrespect you have always shown me. :)

..only joking.:D

Genuflect, Miriam, Rae and 5 others like this.
  8. HOPE

HOPE Guest

:ROFLMAO: Thank you Glenn!

Glenn likes this.
  9. Freedom

Freedom Angels

I have a small inkling of what moderation entails. I can honestly say, anyone who volunteers deserves tonnes of respect :)

Rae, Glenn and HOPE like this.
  10. Glenn

Glenn Guest

Padre Pio said " if you knew the value of suffering, you would never give it up ". So with that in mind, I'm just doing it to knock some time off my Purgatory sentence. :)

11. What does moderating entail?:whistle:

heyshepard and sunburst like this.
  12. Fatima

Fatima Guest

i wonder who will be number 666 :cool:

sunburst likes this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

'What does moderating entail?:whistle:'

Its' kinda like being a referee in a boxing match.

[​IMG]

:D:eek:

No it's to moderate, calm down or keep things running on the right rails .Any mother or father with experience of kids would be an expert. Also (on this forum) its the power to hire and fire so you take on or put off members.

But this is a very,very calm forum, love and peace, ect so maybe it means having to do nothing at all but keep a weather eye out. Being a calming influence when things get frayed. Like I say anyone who raises kids would be an expert, I think.:)

[​IMG]

14. Rae

Rae New Member

I raise children, but I think MS7 would be a great moderator.
    I prayerfully nominate her to assist Padriag and Glenn.
    I am not online enough to do it (I sleep as much as possible being pregnant and all), or I would nominate myself.:)

Another reason for having moderators:
    They help keep a thread on track, sometimes threads get off tangent... That seems like the only issue I see in this forum really... everyone here is very respectful and considerate of one another. Everyone here is also seem to be firm in their faith and respect to the teachings of the church.

I really like being here, although I do not post as often as others.

God bless,
    ~Rae

Tina S likes this.
  15. padraig

padraig New Member

You can be moderator After you have the triplets then ,Rae.:D

16. Rae

Rae New Member

TRIPLETS, Padriag?;)
    I barely have room for one more, but God's will be done.

God bless,
    ~Rae

17. padraig

padraig New Member

You have a generous heart, Rae.:)

Rae likes this.
  18. OK. You talked me into it. I will moderate. Ijust hope Padraig continues his beautiful posts...we need you Padraig! Thank you Glenn for stepping up too!

heyshepard, Rae and grimisocks like this.
  19. Glenn

Glenn Guest

My Pleasure,thanks for helping out.

20. padraig

padraig New Member

Marti (Mothersuperior7) , and Terry (Mario) both volunteered to be moderators. Which was very good of them.

I was shown a funny thing in prayer last night. After the events to come many people who have ceased to fear God will run to God in terror especially to the Catholic Church and a load of them will wind up on this forum. Scipture says the fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom so that's no bad thing in itself. However I don't think terror is a long term vehicle to carry people.A lot of them, with time will start to turn back to their old ways and in simple terms become very, very bad again. They will find ways of convincing themselves that the things that they saw (and are seeing) have a , 'Natural' explanation. Having overcome their terror and gone back to evil they will turn out to be ten times worse than when they started. Many of them will go through this turning back to evil process on the forum and will become quite a handful.

So its good to have moderators to show them the door.

How sad but we all of us have the choice either to accept or refuse grace.

Anyhow thanks to the moderators.:)

Rae likes this.