1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Building a Bridge...to nowhere: The LGBT Musings of James Martin

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by garabandal, Jun 9, 2017.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Am I living in some parallel Catholic Universe where this priest has been appointed recently by the Pope as a consultant to the Vatican's Secretariat for Communications?

Listen to him - and you would think he was a Church of England protestant minister -- he is a danger to the faith. He is leading souls astray.

2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Of course his favourite quote is 'Who am I to judge'?

Now I wonder who said that?

The same person who promoted him.

3. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Another quote from him

'All the Jesuit parishes that I know are LGBT friendly'.

4. garabandal

garabandal Powers

And he propagates the lie that 'homosexuals are born that way'.

5. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Another lie he states --

'New Ways Ministry is Catholic'.

6. garabandal

garabandal Powers

He is a wolf amongst the sheep.

'It is an act of charity to cry out against the wolf when he is among the sheep.'
    St Frances de Sales

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    gracia, josephite and SgCatholic like this.
  7. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

If Only Mother Angelica could give us her view on today's events...

“I saw a strange church being built against every rule…No angels were supervising the building operations. In that church, nothing came from high above…There was only division and chaos. It is probably a church of human creation, following the latest fashion, as well as the new heterodox Church of Rome, which seems of the same kind…”

“I saw again the strange big church that was being built there (in Rome). There was nothing holy in it. I saw this just as I saw a movement led by Ecclesiastics to which contributed angels, saints and other Christians. But there (in the strange big church) all the work was being done mechanically (i.e., according to set rules and formula). Everything was being done, according to human reason. I saw all sorts of people, things, doctrines, and opinions. There was something proud, presumptuous, and violent about it, and they seemed to be very successful. I did not see a single Angel nor a single saint helping in the work. But far away in the background, I saw the seat of a cruel people armed with spears, and I saw a laughing figure which said: ‘Do build it as solid as you can; we will put it to the ground’.”

“I saw that many of the instruments in the new Church, such as spears and darts, were meant to be used against the living Church. Everyone dragged in something different: clubs, rods, pumps, cudgels, puppets, mirrors, trumpets, horns bellows – all sorts of things. In the cave below (the sacristy) some people kneaded bread, but nothing came of it; it would not rise. The men in the little mantles brought wood to the steps of the pulpit to make a fire. They puffed and blew and labored hard, but the fire would not burn. All they produced was smoke and fumes. Then they broke a hole in the roof and ran up a pipe, but the smoke would not rise, and the whole place became black and suffocating. Some blew the horns so violently that the tears streamed from their eyes. All in this church belonged to the earth, returned to the earth. All was dead, the work of human skill, a church of the latest style, a church of man’s invention like the new heterodox church in Rome.”

-Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich
    September 12, 1820

8. Fatima

Fatima Powers

SPOT ON!

9. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

(y)(y)(y)
    Exactly!
    If they don't like the Church then they can get out of it and start their own.

10. Fatima

Fatima Powers

It is good to see the popes choice for communications consultant clearly define that Pope Francis is pro Sodomy. Does anyone think for a minute that Pope Francis does not know where this Father Martin and all the other pro Sodomy priests, bishops and cardinals that he is elevating stand on this issue? "Who are we to judge" was specifically coined by Pope Francis early on to clearly stifle any discussion on this movement of Sodomites, which he supports.

Mary's child, BrianK and garabandal like this.
  11. Fatima

Fatima Powers

That's just it, they don't want to start a new church they want to redefine Christ's teachings within the very heart of His Church. It is diabolical and few will catch on!!

gracia, josephite, Booklady and 3 others like this.
  12. garabandal

garabandal Powers

No it is the opposite - they are going to force us out of the Church.

Persecution from within.

Booklady likes this.
  13. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I know :(
    I was just trying to give them a recommendation...

gracia, SgCatholic and AED like this.
  14. josephite

josephite Powers

I try to see the good in all! To give the benefit of the doubt to everyone and especially to our Priests, our Bishops and to our Holy Father.

But with so many priests and Bishops taking liberty with the words of our Holy Father, it begs the question, why didn't our Holy Father see this coming?

What good did our Holy Father see........in his call for a mess?

Did our Holy Father envisage, a questioning in the soul of people or a mass conversion that would bring men back to God?

Maybe a mess could do this, but more and more I question his reasoning.

So many dissenting priests, like the one above who are preaching a gospel that is opposed to truth [ natural truth, moral truth and Catholic truth] and they have the hide to use our Holy Father words as a vehicle to disseminate these erroneous beliefs! This is diabolical!

The simple message of Our Lord Jesus to love one another...... a sacramental call to sacrifice.......... is being twisted, perversely and craftily, by using a devious language [in the case above] to position a ‘perverted sexual lust’ to the position of love? :sick:

Perverted sexual lust......................... is not Love and is in fact an affront to God!

Lord Jesus have mercy on these priests and all of us, the faithful, who must navigate our way with such outrageous and erroneous teachings. Amen.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    garabandal likes this.
  15. garabandal

garabandal Powers

It is very, very serious indeed when a priest like Fr Martin is elevated by the Pope.

He is responsible for souls whom he is encouraging down the wide path to perdition.

My feelings are that he is sympathetic because ---------

SgCatholic likes this.
  16. Mary's child

Mary's child Archangels

It's heart wrenching to see how many Catholics and others are blind to everything going on within the church. I pray that they wake up before the diabolical one's teeth are firmly attached to their soul. :oops::barefoot::(

17. AED

AED Powers

Well, yeah. :mad: Just a sobering reminder here. Dear Father James Martin do you remember what happened to Sodom? Or do t you believe in the truth of scripture. How about this one: if salt loses its savor what is it good for but to be thrown out and trampled under foot.

18. AED

AED Powers

Powerful image Mary's Child. The devil's teeth firmly attached to their souls. Gives me a chill.

SgCatholic likes this.
  19. Fatima

Fatima Powers

All I can say is we are living the 1st chapter of Romans! I imagine Father Martin ripped this chapter out of the bible too!!!

gracia likes this.
  20. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Why blame the priest when the hierarchy are setting the example. There can be no doubt now what message the "who am I to judge" remark was sending. Even the members of the St. Gallen Mafia must be amazed at the results they have achieved within only four years of their man ascending the throne of St. Peter. I posted this on the "Signs" thread but it fits here too: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/c...ink-saturday-gay-pride-gathering-with-bishops

Catholic cathedral welcomes ‘Pink Saturday’ gay pride gathering with bishop’s blessing

June 5, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) — The southern Dutch town of ’s-Hertogenbosch (Den Bosch for short) has been chosen to host the Netherlands’ “Pink Saturday” on June 24. The capital of the historically Catholic province of North-Brabant will welcome LGBT persons from all over the country and beyond with a first-ever event: an ecumenical prayer service for participants to be held in the Catholic cathedral of Saint John the Evangelist in the presence of Bishop Gerard de Korte.

The Roman Catholic bishop recently confirmed that he will give a blessing at the end of the ceremony. Gay rights groups are overjoyed. The local radio, Omroep Brabant, tweeted “Hallelujah” when the news was made public.

“Roze Zaterdag” is the Dutch version of Gay Pride, including a parade with provocative and outré dress and attitudes. Nowadays, cultural, musical and other events officially organized by the host city are thrown in, usually a full week before the day of celebration. It got its name from the protest marchers that were held during Holy Week in 1979 in Limburg, the southernmost province of the Netherlands, against the “anti-homosexual” teachings of Bishop Johannes Gijsen, who was at the time one of the few non-progressive bishops in the country.

“Pink Saturday” was chosen as a counterpoint to the Catholics’ White Thursday and Good Friday. At the time, Bishop Gijsen of Roermond said that practicing homosexuals could not be considered as “full members” of the Church because they could not receive the sacraments while choosing that lifestyle.

Given these beginnings, the Den Bosch “Pink Saturday” will have a bitter taste of revenge, and will certainly appear to be a disavowal of what Bishop Gijsen said in the 1970s.

From the start, the Dutch “Pink Saturday” was a place to push for gay rights. In progressive Netherlands, lesbians, gays, bi- and transsexuals have little left to ask for in 2017, and the event has become more festive, although there are still many gay-rights organizations present and information stands are part of the affair.

The official day always opens with an ecumenical service, but up to now this had never taken place in a Catholic church, let alone a cathedral. It was, perhaps, the last place left to conquer.

The choice of the cathedral of Den Bosch – the fruit of two years of talks with the local clergy and other denominations that are taking part – is a symbolic one. The last time homosexuals made themselves heard in the beautiful, flamboyant Gothic building was during a Sunday Mass in February 2010 when the then-parish priest in the village of Reusel refused to give Holy Communion to an openly homosexual “Carnival Prince.”

At the time, the cathedral’s parish priest, Geertjan van Rossum, made a public statement reminding the faithful that only people who observe the Ten Commandments are admitted to Holy Communion: “Proper living out of sexuality is part of that,” he said, triggering the angry departure of the gay activists.

It is the same Geertjan van Rossum who negotiated the “Pink Saturday” event in the cathedral. He will personally welcome the participants and take the lead role, surrounded by Protestant pastors and “pastoresses,” including an openly gay minister who will all speak during the ceremony. In an interview published on the “Pink Saturday” website, Father van Rossum announced that the bishop himself would take part.

“Ours is a hospitable town where all citizens should be able to live with dignity and we should not make each other’s lives sour, and that is why personally, but also in the name of our Catholic parish, we want to support this initiative,” Father van Rossum said. “We want to have a nice town for all its inhabitants and all its guests. As a Christian and as a believer, I also know there are Christians and believers who belong to the LGBT community and who also want to be involved with the community of the faithful. So as a priest, together with the cathedral parish, we also want to be involved with Pink Saturday, and also with the ecumenical celebration.”

Father van Rossum admits he had some “hesitation” about holding the prayer in the “Sint Jan” that has been at the center of Catholic life in Den Bosch since the Middle Ages, also as a Marian pilgrimage site where a miraculous statue of Our Lady is still venerated today. But in the end, the large Gothic vessel seemed to him the most appropriate for the reception of many participants expected to join the ceremony.

Bishop de Korte has shown his acceptance of the LGBT community. His spokesman, Joos Goes, told Gay.nl that the bishop wants the Catholic Church to be an “open and hospitable institution.”

“The teaching of the Church does not change,” Goes added. But he immediately relativized this reminder, saying: “We understand that people can feel shut out and be disappointed with the Church, but we think that everyone should find a spot within the community of believers. Subjects such as sexual orientation collide with the teaching of the Church, but in practice it’s often not much of a deal. Today, there are already homosexuals who are joyful members of a parish.”

Bishop de Korte is known for his opposition to traditionally-minded Cardinal Wim Eijk of Utrecht, who has called homosexuality “mutual masturbation.” When De Korte took possession of his see in 2016, he abundantly quoted Pope Francis, calling for a Church that is prepared to be “dirty,” and for “bridges, not walls.” The Dutch press is already comparing his “openness” with Pope Francis’ style.

“Pink Saturday” will also have events in the small town of Oss next to Den Bosch. Its parish priest, Father Cor Mennen, well known as a conservative Catholic blogger, published a critical post reminding the faithful of the teaching of the Church as exposed in the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

“This moral standpoint is clear. It does not mean that the Church rejects the homosexual faithful. They can be members of the Church and take part in Church life. The Church does ask her faithful to be prepared in an upright manner to live according to her morals, which come straight from the Bible and natural moral law,” he wrote.

But, he added, “It is against Catholic belief, and therefore not pastoral, morally to approve of homosexual acts or to do as if it were a normal variant of human sexuality.” This is exactly what “most homosexual organizations” are after, he says – which explains their demand for a celebration in the “Sint Jan” cathedral.

“They want to conquer the last bulwark that is holding fast to the scriptural disapproval of homosexual activity and of all acts that go against natural moral law,” he explained.

He goes on to say that friendliness cannot justify a celebration that not only appears to condone the homosexual lifestyle but scandalizes “normal Catholics who want to remain true to the Church’s teaching, not least those homosexuals who make the effort of living chastely in accordance with it.”

He concluded: “It is certainly no coincidence that on June 24th, the Church celebrates the day of the birth of Saint John the Baptist. John was beheaded by King Herod because he reproached him his immoral behavior – Herod was living with his brother’s wife. He who stands up for God’s laws seldom reaps applause.”