'Betrayed and Wounded'

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by padraig, Jun 4, 2016.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

Our Lady's message to Mirjana Soldo - June 2, 2016

"Dear children, As the Mother of the Church, as your mother, I am smiling as I look at you: how you are coming to me, how you are gathering around me, how you are seeking me. My comings among you are proof of how much Heaven loves you. They indicate to you the way to eternal life, to salvation. My apostles, you who strive to have a pure heart and to have my Son in it, you are on the good way. You who are seeking my Son are seeking the good way. He left many signs of His love. He left hope. It is easy to find Him if you are ready for sacrifice and penance—if you have patience, mercy and love for your neighbors. Many of my children do not see and do not hear because they do not want to. They do not accept my words and my works, yet through me, my Son calls everyone. His Spirit illuminates all of my children in the light of the Heavenly Father, in the unity of Heaven and Earth, in mutual love—because love invokes love and makes works more important than words. Therefore, my apostles, pray for your Church, love it and do works of love. No matter how betrayed or wounded, it is here because it comes from the Heavenly Father. Pray for your shepherds so that in them you may see the greatness of the love of my Son. Thank you."
    [​IMG]

picadillo, Patty and josephite like this.
  2. padraig

padraig Powers

This is something to take away in prayer, whatdoes the Mother of God mean when she speaks of the Church being 'Betrayed'. Who has betrayed her? Well immediately after this sentence we ahvereference to its , 'Shepherds', so it is some at least of its shephaerds' who have engaged in this, 'Betrayal'.

How has the Church been , 'Wounded' well it follows on that its shepherds have wounded it. To me this wounding and betrayal would seem to be concerning Church Doctrine.

Anyway very,very serious words from Our Blessed Mother, this seems to carry on the theme of Fatima and Akita. I think those who believe evrything is fine in the Church and with the Apostolic Exhortation should reflect on this.

Things are not fine.Things are not fine at all. I looked up the meaning fo the word, 'Betrrayal' for a definition:

betrayal
    bɪˈtreɪəl/
    noun
    noun: betrayal; plural noun: betrayals
    the action of betraying one's country, a group, or a person; treachery.
    "the betrayal by the French of their own refugees"
    synonyms:disloyalty, treachery, perfidy, perfidiousness, bad faith, faithlessness, falseness;More

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    Beth B, picadillo and Joseph Crozier like this.
  3. padraig

padraig Powers

In this case the betrayal is of the Church by its shepherds , in other words a group of Judas's.

Now a defintion of the word, 'Wounded'.

wound1
    wuːnd/
    verb
    past tense: wounded; past participle: wounded
    inflict a wound on.
    "the sergeant was seriously wounded"
    synonyms:injure, hurt, damage, harm, maim, mutilate, disable, incapacitate, scar;More

picadillo likes this.
  4. padraig

padraig Powers

So what we are talking about here is not something slight but a very,very serious injury. An injury, a wound, a betrayal like the kiss of Judas.

[​IMG]

Beth B, picadillo and little me like this.
  5. padraig

padraig Powers

The times are quickening very,very fast. We must pray very much for God's Holy Church, betrayed and wounded. May God keep her safe from all harm, both from within and without.

[​IMG]

Sam, Beth B and Ed Kleese like this.
  6. josephite

josephite Powers

What really touches me Padraig

is when Our Lady speaks of Her son Jesus and says.
    .........His Spirit illuminates all of my children in the light of the Heavenly Father, in the unity of Heaven and Earth, in mutual love—because love invokes love and makes works more important than words.

Than she gives us reasons to hope ...........Therefore, my apostles, pray for your Church, love it and do works of love. No matter how betrayed or wounded, it is here because it comes from the Heavenly Father.

This to me, is validation to remain faithful to the Church! no matter what happens and that gives me hope and reassurance in todays confusion. What we must do is pray and Love and do works of Love for the Church.
    Thank you for posting this message.

Sam, Beth B, picadillo and 1 other person like this.
  7. Today our priest talked about the extreme cruelty in piercing the dead body of her Son. "Christ shared this wound with His Mother. He received the hurt; His Mother endured the pain." Lanspergius.

Jackie, Beth B and josephite like this.
  8. padraig

padraig Powers

Yes of course we must love our Mother the Church, Josphite. I love the postiive way you take the message, like Our Lady herself who is always so upbeat.

I couldnt help notcing the last bit of the message which reminds us that The Church 'Comes from the Heavenly Father' . Which reminds us of who is in cahrge of things. Who owns the Church so to speak. We live in the House as it were but it is God the Father who actually owns it. I thought this was something to think about.

I also heard a reading from the leteer of st Jude the other week. We don't get to hear from Jude much. It is a very mysterious short text right before the book of Revelations. I think it has much to say about our present situation, the separation ofthe goats from the sheep so to speak:

Jude

1 Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and a brother of James,

To those who have been called, who are loved in God the Father and kept for Jesus Christ:

2 Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance.

The Sin and Doom of Ungodly People
    3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people. 4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

8 In the very same way, on the strength of their dreams these ungodly people pollute their own bodies, reject authority and heap abuse on celestial beings. 9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” 10 Yet these people slander whatever they do not understand, and the very things they do understand by instinct—as irrational animals do—will destroy them.

11 Woe to them! They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam’s error; they have been destroyed in Korah’s rebellion.

12 These people are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead. 13 They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.

14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15 to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.” 16 These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.

A Call to Persevere
    17 But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

20 But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

22 Be merciful to those who doubt; 23 save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

Doxology
    24 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen

[​IMG]

picadillo and josephite like this.
  9. padraig

padraig Powers

Ues, Joe, when I think of the word wound I think of a very,very serious injury, something that might kill.

certainly when we talk of the wounds of Christ in the Passion , I think we are speaking of mortal wounds. For instance St Briget of Sweden said that the crown of thorns wounded Christ mortally three times. In other words these were injuries that would ahve killed Christ in due course even without the cross.

[​IMG]

Joseph Crozier and josephite like this.
  10. josephite

josephite Powers

The first Sorrow of Mary.

'And a sword too will pierce your heart!'

This sorrow made its formative formation in Our Lady's Heart at the presentation of Her baby Jesus!

Mary had this pain inflicted upon Her at a very early stage, way before the consummation of the redemption of mankind by Her Son Jesus on the cross!

Our Lady pondered this infliction, this pain, on Her Heart for over 33 years! and she awaited with trepidation the consummation/achievement of this agony!

At the piercing of Her Sons Heart,

Her sorrow was near complete!
    Her soul was now crushed!
    Her annihilation was now entire!

And Her Immaculate Heart became one with the Sacred Heart of Jesus!

Jesus Upholds, Presents, Extols and Esteems, Our Lady's Immaculate Heart!

As it is entwined in His Own Heart!

The Loving Immaculate Heart of His Mother lived His Passion with Him!

And He places this Most Pure Heart next to His own!

The Two Hearts!!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    Sam and Joseph Crozier like this.
  11. Harper

Harper Guest

Padraig,

I don't know that there is a betrayal in terms of doctrine as much as there is an ignoring of doctrine in favor of the trendy things of the world. For example, in my town the Catholic parish is offering workshops on Climate Change and on "White Privilege." A replacement of the traditional, or a toneless attempt to rebrand the Faith into something current or fun. (The latest parish mission statement begins with "We are an inclusive community...")

This photo is from an Ash Wednesday service, two years ago. (I've posted it before.)
    View attachment 4989

Jackie and josephite like this.
  12. padraig

padraig Powers

[​IMG]
    I think it is a changing over from the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a Gospel of the world. You mentioned things like Climate Change, which is a good example of this New Gospel and made me recall this:

[​IMG]

also this:

http://voiceofthefamily.com/holy-se...sal-access-to-sexual-and-reproductive-health/
    [​IMG]

Galatians 1:8

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

[​IMG]

josephite and picadillo like this.
  13. Harper

Harper Guest

That photo of the lion at the Vatican reminds me of 1 Peter: 5-8

Be sober and watch: because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, goeth about seeking whom he may devour.

josephite likes this.
  14. padraig

padraig Powers

Yes, I never thought of that.:oops:

15. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

I remember a quote from Winston Churchill whilst he was speaking of someone in Parliament and referred to him as "A Sheep in Sheep's Clothing". We not only must watch out for Wolves in Sheep's Clothing (false prophets/seers) but the Milquetoasts of Faith that have infested "leadership" positions of ALL Christian Denominations and packed the church bureaucracies with like minded ...well! .... "Sheep in Sheep's Clothing!" :mad:

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

16. padraig

padraig Powers

One thing I always liked about young people Denis is that they are mostly idealistic and not afraid to rock the boat. Altough perhaps this has something to do, often with having less to loose or at least not being so aware of consequences. However when we get older most of us get a lot more cautious. May God give us the courage to rock boats if we have to.Personally I wish I could no more or the Church at moment besides praying for her. But I can;t think of much else to do. It seems to be down to the leaders. May God grant us good ones.

josephite likes this.
  17. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

Like it or no, Padraig, ... You are a Leader by the fact that you started and host MOG. I'm guessing that you and others like Charlie & Mark have awakened a bunch of Christians who, as we speak, are part of a grassroots movement to Take Back The Church of Jesus Christ ... 21st Century Disciples .... and most don't realize it ... God does work in mysterious ways ...Eh!!?? :)

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

josephite, Carol55 and torrentum like this.
  18. Powerful reminder.

josephite and torrentum like this.
  19. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

Speaking of Sheep in Sheep's Clothing! Here's an, all too typical, Poster Boy for Ya:
    http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/...-wingers-despite-threats-violence-milo-event/

WE in the Church must "OUT" The Wolves .... & The Sheep who claim to be and are getting paid to be Shepherds!!

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

20. padraig

padraig Powers

[​IMG]

CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
    CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
    SECOND EDITION

PART THREE
    LIFE IN CHRIST
    SECTION TWO
    THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

CHAPTER TWO
    "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF"
    ARTICLE 8
    THE EIGHTH COMMANDMENT

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.253
    It was said to the men of old, "You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn."254
    2464 The eighth commandment forbids misrepresenting the truth in our relations with others. This moral prescription flows from the vocation of the holy people to bear witness to their God who is the truth and wills the truth. Offenses against the truth express by word or deed a refusal to commit oneself to moral uprightness: they are fundamental infidelities to God and, in this sense, they undermine the foundations of the covenant.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    PotatoSack, Sam and Krizevac like this.