1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Beautiful Music For Beautiful Souls

Discussion in 'Music' started by Spirit of Truth, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Spirit of Truth

Spirit of Truth Archangels

Hi, Indy. Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece with us music lovers. For some reason this piece reminds of another below.. one of my favourite classical pieces.

Indy likes this.
  2. Spirit of Truth

Imagine wakening up to this collection in this thread everyday.. the world would seem so much better, ah.. but the music must stop, but if our hearts are full of love for God: it will never stop.

God Bless!

3. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

Spirit of Truth,
    How thoughtful, thanks for sharing the lyrics to A Grain of Wheat. Mac, I bet you are, be very happy you can sing.

Lately, I have been watching The Voice on Monday and Tuesday nights. The show is a lot more interesting than mean American Idol. The famous singers, the judges, share things you don't realize about the whole subject of a person's voice, of making a song better. Last evening, a young teenage contestant sang, How Great Thou Art. I was, everyone got choked up :cry:. And, Ferrell picked this hymn for her to sing!

Love this thread. I hear the Benedictines of Mary have a new C.D.

Don_D, Mac and Spirit of Truth like this.
  4. Spirit of Truth

Its my pleasure, Jackie. I try to be helpful where I can. I'm glad that you find this thread pleasing.

"The Voice" Ah, yes.. I have seen this show before, although not to be a bore, I don't watch much TV - I haven't watched any in a while actually. If I do watch TV its mostly the news, once in awhile. However, it is good to see and hope in goodness everywhere , even on TV.

I can't recall listening to any of their music sadly. I'm intrigued now.
    Feel free to drop in any time and share your music and thoughts with us.

God Bless!

5. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

"The Voice", is of the world. TV is a rotten wasteland, every other minute you are hit with hearing and seeing grave sin. Truly, I don't view much TV either, for five years, I didn't watch any TV.

I have been watching "The Voice" lately to connect with my two children who love music. It is no treat for them, my company. They hear from me, "rock music is from satan, most all the lyrics are of rebellion and about sex outside of marriage." I never stop commenting on the immodest dress on the show or in the commercials in between. "The Voice" actually is pretty decent, in comparison to seeing in the ads what else is on TV. Sometimes, a contestant on "The Voice" will sing a Gospel song or something classic.

The only other television I make a point to watch, "Downton Abbey" and "Call the Midwife." The main writer of the very popular English series "Downton Abbey" was baptized Roman Catholic. So what, in
    these times? Except, there is virtue in the series and you see in every episode, good vs evil.

The Benedictines of Mary will keep winning. :D

+ + +

Catholic World News - March 11, 2014

“Lent at Ephesus,” a new album released by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles, has remained at the top position on the Billboard traditional classical albums chart for three weeks.

The sisters’ 2013 album “Angels and Saints at Ephesus” holds 2nd place in the ranking.

Founded in 1995 and invited to the Diocese of Kansas City – St. Joseph by Bishop Robert Finn, the community worships according to the extraordinary form of the Latin liturgy.

6. Spirit of Truth

I've learnt a few things over the years watching TV – unfortunately most of it: Not Good.. at all sadly!

There is a very.. materialistic.. Anti Christian mind-set that comes across to my mind, that most definitely doesn’t inspire the soul.

The majority of what’s on TV is brainwashing. Young women and men see what’s on TV and want to imitate, certain celebrities; trying sooo desperately to look and act like them in the name of vanity - many ending up depressed - empty - and end up - committing suicide, because they can't meet there high expectations of their idols - a reflection of their warped world they, we, live in.

Not all bad news: Light at the end of the tunnel -

Dolores Hart, was a famous actress that seen the light and ended up becoming a Saint Benedict Nun:

“While Hart was doing Francis of Assisi in Rome, she met Pope John XXIII, who was instrumental in her vocation. She told him "I am Dolores Hart, the actress playing Clare." The Pontiff replied, "Tu sei Chiara!" ("No, you are Clare!" in Italian”

So, yes, Jackie, as you rightly say in good faith “The Benedictines of Mary will keep winning” in more then one way – His.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

God bless, Jackie.

7. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

Spirit of Truth,
    Your comments are caring and lovely, thank you. :cool::love: I just read something very telling and now I am in pain.

Glynda Linkous is a non-Catholic Christian (Protestant) messenger. Her messages are posted on two Catholic daily prophecy sites and at her blog. Check Glynda's latest. This means for me, I cannot be a pal to my two children, watching TV with them when they are home as I had started to do on a limited basis.

The two of them are college age. I will show them this message but I don't think they will see or believe. I can pray. I will not be viewing the lead up to "The Voice" finale next week or again. I know in my heart, everyone else should too, most of the musical lyrics today go against our Creator.

e.g. "I want to be with you." except the person singing the lyric isn't singing to his or her spouse.

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Fight to escape the snares of the devil, My child, for he desires you never leave his grasp. I have truly given you all you need to get free, but you have believed his lie you cannot escape from your sin.
    Rebuke his lie and be free!
    There are great rewards for those who overcome. Overcome evil and do not associate with its likeness again.
    Too many of My children allow evil into their homes – into their eyes and ears, and think little of it, but there is a price for compromise with the enemy of your soul.

NOTE: When He spoke this last part, I saw television violence and music with cursing in it, and I saw huge groups of demons coming into a home with both of these.

Be hot or cold, not lukewarm, that your rewards may be full.

http://wingsofprophecy.blogspot.com/

8. Spirit of Truth

Thank you for your kind complements, Jackie.

I'm sincerely sorry to see that you are in "pain" I will keep you in my thoughts when I pray.

I am not familiar with "Glynda Linkous" I will try to read up on her later.

But...

The thief on the cross shared Jesus, pains more intimately then most, and because of his Repentance - Love and Trust he was saved - and new noting of the many-many prophecies and devotions that are in circulation these days.. some of which are very good.. yes and some of a more sinister mind-set.

There are so many prophecies devotions out there that make my head spin.. very difficult.. hard to digest; all of that information. The truth is written in our hearts - in simplistic form: easy to understand - we don’t need a thousand different prophecies and devotions on one's shoulders.. ah, alas it might drag us down - muddy the water; leaving us confused - worried - stressed - and pocket less.. two name a few. Ah, but for the most simplistic ways are best: Repentance - Love - Trust.

While there are many good prophecies and good devotions they all have one thing in common: repentance - love - and from here more knowledge is a achieved - trust.

I have two very good devotions the Rosary and the Holy Face.. bringing me closer, and right now that’s more then enough for me.

If you want to be assured of your devotions and prophecies look to the Roman Catholic Church to authenticate such matters.

For Jesus, founded and gave us the rock for a reason: that we may not be deceived.

For now in hope, you have all you need should you get confused: (RLT) - Repentance - Love - Trust.

God Bless!

9. Spirit of Truth

10. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

Viewing the TV program "The Voice" with my kids, the 'pain' is, they won't see why I can't watch anymore.

Protestant, Glynda Linkous' message is spot on about television. The lyrics, the dress, I shouldn't of been watching the contestants perform or listening to most (not all) of the music on The Voice.

I just discovered a short prayer I like is from the Holy Face Devotion Spirit of Truth, the Golden Arrow Prayer. :) And, does not happen to me very often now. Last week, when I would pray the full Litany to the Holy Face as part of a novena, I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit.

Here is example of the value of not yet approved private revelation, the messages to Light of Mary.

The latest from Our Lord to Light of Mary, given on Divine Mercy Sunday. Our Lord explains a lot about His mercy and especially helpful, about His justice. And, there they are again, the three major prophesied divine events we are familiar with and believe are going to happen, mainly because of the yet to be approved.

+ + +

AFTER THE WARNING, MANY OF MY CHILDREN WILL NOT UNDERSTAND THE WAY MY LOVE WORKS
    AND THEY WILL RECRUDESCE IN SIN UNTIL AFTER THE MIRACLE WHEN
    MY HAND WILL MAKE THE CHASTISEMENT DESCEND.(2)

http://www.revelacionesmarianas.com/english.htm

11. Spirit of Truth

Ah, well.. perhaps you know this well yourself Jackie, but.. nonetheless I will point it out; your children are much more important to you then a TV show, surly then it follows- there are certainly much more beautiful fruitful ways to spend time with your beloved children - life is too short - fleeting - then to be sitting in front of a box worrying, and likewise to their cause, surely they can see in goodwill sense, and think more highly of there beautiful mother then TV, and thus find the time to express this in much loving an endearing ways. Above all: do not feel 'pain' choosing good over bad: but feel happy!

Glynda Linkous, I know very little about her and will hold my tongue.. so to speak, but for now my train of thought would be to keep your eyes, heart firmly fixed on the good God and those in need and close to you. You have many beautiful sacraments of the Holy Catholic Church and its many approved devotions to chose from and practice... so rich.. many forget this sadly, and get side tracked.

There are many enemies of the Catholic Church they will attack her form the sides(poke fun) the front(her face) the rear(behind her back) and on the inside(her heart) but they will not over come her, for is it not true that Jesus, has said:

"And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." In other words many have and will come from hell; sent to destroy the Church, but will not succeed. They will try and cause as much confusion and delusion – do not be alarmed.

Matthew 16:18
    Douay-Rheims

So who shell we believe first? God or man? God every time say it a wise man!

24 As for you, let that which you have heard from the beginning, abide in you. If that abide in you, which you have heard from the beginning, you also shall abide in the Son, and in the Father.

25 And this is the promise which he hath promised us, life everlasting.

26 These things have I written to you, concerning them that seduce you.

27 And as for you, let the unction, which you have received from him, abide in you. And you have no need that any man teach you; but as his unction teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie. And as it hath taught you, abide in him.

28 And now, little children, abide in him, that when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be confounded by him at his coming.

1 John 2
    Douay-Rheims

Yes, the Holy Face is a blessed devotion recommend by Jesus, and many a blessed and saintly soul.

It has a very-long history going back to St. Veronica's veil. Even our blessed Mother adored His face. Even more then ever it is needed. Did you know that St. Therese, and her whole family were enrolled in the Holy Face Archconfraternity.. how many saints have come from that family alone.. Highly, highly recommend!

God bless you, Jackie.

12. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

Spirit of Truth,
    The full litany to the Holy Face is quite something, very special, takes you through Our Lord's life. I didn't know that about the Martin family! :eek: I like your avatar choice, I go by Therese, it is my middle name.

GBY,

Spirit of Truth likes this.
  13. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

In the USA we recently "celebrated" April 15 Tax Day :mad: I just read an article about the Titanic, sunk 15 April 1912, and it's Band Leader Wallace Hartley/his violin. There is some controversy about the Band's last piece before the End but "Nearer My God To Thee" seems to be the popular choice. Considering "These Days", it may be a "popular" choice for US now?"

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-wiltshire-21806334

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

Spirit of Truth likes this.
  14. Spirit of Truth

That's inspiring to see, Jackie. Keep on doing the Holy Face Devotion - you won't regret it!

It would be hard to forget the Little Flower with a name like that.. keep close to her, Jackie.

Ah, Thank you.

Jackie likes this.
  15. Spirit of Truth

Hi, CrewDog. Nice of you to drop in and share your music with us.. as a matter of fact I'm listing to it now, as I type this out.. quite inspiring considering the circumstances of that frightful - sad night.

'Titanic' ...poor souls must of been petrified.. its quite a picture to behold in ones mind of the band/orchestra playing when the ship is going down.

Can't say I know a great deal about the current Tax situation in the USA, but here it seems to me everything is taxed including my mind at times haha.

Paying for water is a new move here in Ireland and not a very popular one at that.. 'what next' ...air? oh wait! in some petrol/gas stations you have to pay to pump up your tyres, no less.. where's my ball and chain.. crazy world.

God Bless!

16. Spirit of Truth

Saint Theresa little flower
    during your short life on earth
    you became a mirror of angelic purity
    of love as strong as death
    and wholehearted abandonment to God
    now that you rejoice in your reward
    turn your eyes of mercy upon me
    for I so ardently desire
    a rain of roses on my head
    a rain of roses at my hour of death
    shower roses on my head
    shower roses at my hour of death
    obtain for me the need to keep
    my heart and mind pure like your own
    to receive the hoped
    for graces
    from the Lord's infinite Goodness
    I put all my confidence in you
    your "Little way" has reached me too
    yes I implore your intercession
    for I so ardently desire
    a rain of roses on
    my head
    shower roses on my head
    shower roses at my hour of death
    little by little I come to littleness
    little by little to serve and love Him best
    little by little I'm on your "Little way"

Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus
    oh I so ardently desire

a rain of roses on my head
    shower roses on my head
    shower roses shower roses

josephite likes this.
  17. Spirit of Truth

I have translated the Latin in to English down below in Bold
    with the help of a video I have seen. If it is incorrect please inform me.

Benedictus Benedictus qui venit in nomine Domini.
    Blessed, Blessed, is he who comes in the name of the Lord

Hosanna in excelsis.
    Hosanna in the highest
    Hosanna in excelsis.
    Hosanna in the highest
    Hosanna Hosanna in excelsis.
    Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest

Benedictus Benedictus qui venit, in nomine Domini.
    Benedictus Benedictus qui venit in nomine Domini,
    qui venit in nomine Domini.
    is he who comes in the name of the Lord

Blessed, Blessed

josephite likes this.
  18. Sanctus

Sanctus Guest

Beautiful latin hymns:

Peppermill and josephite like this.
  19. josephite

josephite Powers

Trully beautiful!!
    Like angels singing!
    It takes you close to heaven.
    And the reverence for Our Lord at the consecration gives a Joy and serenity to my heart!
    Thank you

Sanctus likes this.
  20. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus, I Trust In You!"

George Frederic Handel - 'He Shall Feed His Flock Like a Shepherd' from "The Messiah."

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017