1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Away Camping

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by padraig, Oct 8, 2017.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

How true.

Mary's child likes this.
  2. Don_D

Don_D Powers

We do as well Katfalls, after building our house the very same year we had a week long power outage and were without heat or power the entire time. I learned my lesson, make sure to keep stabilized fuel on hand for the genny. The local stations here were without power as well for several days and the pumps were not working.

Mary's child, BrianK and Katfalls like this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

Well I am back to work tomorrow and you know I am quite looking forward to it.

I prayed and read a lot about Padre Pio a lot while I was away. I find St Padre Pio a lot like Our Lady in this, that I keep discovering whole new vistas of holiness, wonder and knowledge in the mad. I can never find the bottom of his holiness, I grow more and more in awe.

Anyway I was praying away to him and he told me two nice things which made me smile. I mentioned to him that I wished I was like his true Spiritual Children and had such a deep Devotion to him as they did. But he simply laughed and pointed out that I pray to him everyday. This surprised me but when I thought about it is quite true. When I wake in the night I always like to imagine I am sitting behind him as he prayed upstairs in the Chapel before the marvellous painting of Our Lady of Graces watching with great edification as he says the rosary. Padre Pio has a good sense of humour he said that I am, '... one of his biggest fans.:):)

I wish.

But he mentioned something else to me, he reminded me that when I was in my 20's I wrote away to the Capuchins (his order) and that they had refused me. This was nearly 40 years ago and I had forgotten, but Padre Pio knew. He said this touched him and bound him closer to me. The ways of heaven are awesome. How did he know this?

[​IMG]
    Our Lady of Graces, pray for us.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  4. Elisa

Elisa Archangels

Padraig, is everything ok there were you live ? No damage ?

5. padraig

padraig New Member

No one killed or even hurt as far as I know. Just some people lost power, quite a storm!!

AED likes this.
  6. Elisa

Elisa Archangels

Happy that everything is ok. Must be quite impressing ! I am certain that if this would happen in Brussels, the windows of my apartment will not resist ! They already tremble now which is the half of the speed of that storm in Ireland !