1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Away Camping

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by padraig, Oct 8, 2017.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

98 Carginagh Road, Kilkeel BT34 4QA
    £90 / week
    3 Bed Bungalow To Rent
    £90 / week
    Close Favourite

[​IMG]

Mary's child, AED and garabandal like this.
  2. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

Feeling blessed to live in the woods and not the city

Attached Files:

3. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg autumn has arrived in Michigan's Upper Peninsula

HeavenlyHosts and Don_D like this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  5. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

Wind is kicking up here today, 25mph. It will take most of he leaves. Yes it's a shame the hurricane will take so many trees. A friend of mine just went through the hurricane in Peurto Rico, their house had damage but not flattened. She said stick built houses collapsed but block buildings were ok. I think in Ireland most of the houses are block or stone, so hopefully not too much damage.

6. padraig

padraig New Member

No it is very little compared to what people all over the world are suffering at the moment, but I do think things like these are shots across the bow, like the fires in California and that explosion in Somalia which just killed 250 people by Islamists.

AED likes this.
  7. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

Spare bedrooms!! We can visit after all!! ;-)

Mary's child and AED like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

It is beautiful. But that part of the county they don't like Catholics too much. Me and the dogs might wind up strung up. Plus any American visitors. :D:D It could be like an African American setting up home at a Klan rally.

I must check first with locals if I could live there without my throat being quietly slit.;)

Mary's child likes this.
  9. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

Since we are so remote we have wood heat and a generator for power if needed. I feel for those who are not prepared . although we are always at risk for fires.

HeavenlyHosts, Don_D and AED like this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

I heard one of the priests from Fatima Basilica say today that we should look on such chastisements as a chance to share Christs Cross and become Holy. Good attitude. But for those far from God; yes God's whip, His fist.

11. Mario

Mario Powers

Truly a horror! This is a form of indifferentism: the idea that all Christians, whether Catholic and non-Catholic, are on equal fitting. It is a misapplication of CCC 1271:

1271 Baptism constitutes the foundation of communion among all Christians, including those who are not yet in full communion with the Catholic Church: "For men who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in some, though imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church.

CCC 1267-69 describe that full communion.

1267 Baptism makes us members of the Body of Christ: "Therefore . . . we are members one of another."72 Baptism incorporates us into the Church. From the baptismal fonts is born the one People of God of the New Covenant, which transcends all the natural or human limits of nations, cultures, races, and sexes: "For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body."73 1268 The baptized have become "living stones" to be "built into a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood."74 By Baptism they share in the priesthood of Christ, in his prophetic and royal mission. They are "a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people, that [they] may declare the wonderful deeds of him who called [them] out of darkness into his marvelous light."75 Baptism gives a share in the common priesthood of all believers. 1269 Having become a member of the Church, the person baptized belongs no longer to himself, but to him who died and rose for us.76 From now on, he is called to be subject to others, to serve them in the communion of the Church, and to "obey and submit" to the Church's leaders,77 holding them in respect and affection.78 Just as Baptism is the source of responsibilities and duties, the baptized person also enjoys rights within the Church: to receive the sacraments, to be nourished with the Word of God and to be sustained by the other spiritual helps of the Church.

What Padraig saw being done is a travesty because it denies the unique claims of the Catholic Church and its four marks: One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic. Once this lie is further promulgated, a common Lord's Supper is not far off, and the Abomination of Desolation will take place as described by St. Alphonsus Liguori.

Lord have mercy!

Safe in the One Barque of Peter!

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  12. padraig

padraig New Member

13. AED

AED Powers

So so beautiful.

14. AED

AED Powers

Oh no!! Padraig how awful. Anguish upon wounds upon bruises. I can only imagine how disheartening.

15. AED

AED Powers

Brian I had the same thought. We are planning a trip for May and I thought "perfect". So happy for Padraig to find such a gem.

16. AED

AED Powers

17. AED

AED Powers

Yikes.

18. AED

AED Powers

Don't like the sound of that!! Please be careful. What a world
    Three years ago we were in Belfast and it was Sunday morning so I asked in a local tea shop where the Catholic Church was. People were very nice giving directions and the church itself was lovely and the priest very kind and welcoming. It was a reverent NO liturgy. Then we got a bus tour with a delightful young man as our guide who did finally allow as how he was Catholic. But I could tell he was trying to be very circumspect. The peace was there but a bit of tension underneath.. we only had one day there and back on our cruise ship but I found the people of Belfast very kind.

19. AED

AED Powers

You are describing us. We too have wood heat and a generator. Where I live you really have to.

20. AED

AED Powers

Yes. Well said.