1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Away Camping

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by padraig, Oct 8, 2017.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

Well I am away camping again for the last time this year before the cold and dark sets in , for a week this morning.

God bless you all in my absence.

Carol55, CathyG, Booklady and 4 others like this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

Here are pics I took while away:)

The enclosed garden

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    AED, Patty, Arantxa and 6 others like this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

upload_2017-10-15_3-17-42.jpeg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HeavenlyHosts, AED, Katfalls and 4 others like this.
  4. Mary's child

Mary's child Archangels

Beautiful pictures, only images that God can create. Looks like you had perfect weather Padraig.

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

It was good but I had to get up one night during a storm to nail things down.

The Faith of the people down there moved me. I discovered a little , tiny house that is being done up in wait for it...Mary Street. it will be ready in a month and the rent is very cheap. I think if the builder will let me I will rent it.

Here is a picture of it. Remember he has not done it up yet.

[​IMG]

HeavenlyHosts, AED, Patty and 2 others like this.
  6. Mary's child

Mary's child Archangels

:) The joy of staying on the street named after our mother, total awesomeness.

AED likes this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

It is right beside the big celtic cross too.

[​IMG]

http://curiousireland.ie/dromodonne...wellan-co-down-replica-of-10th-century-cross/

This is a granite replica of an original stone cross that is believed to have stood in the Drumgooland graveyard until the late 1700s. It was then set into the north gable wall of the Old School House in the Drumadonnell townland and during this time the cross took on its present name. It’s significance ties into the local legend that Saint Patrick, when preaching here to some soon-to-be converted heathens, was shown a sacred standing stone marked with a circle symbolising a moon goddess. He then made the mark of a Latin cross through the circle and blessed the stone, hereby making the first Celtic Cross

AED, Patty, Don_D and 3 others like this.
  8. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

Great! (Then you can rent it out to us MOG members for an affordable Irish vacation/pilgrimage destination ;-)

AED, Texas Mama of 2, Don_D and 2 others like this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

Ha !! It has one bedrom and myself and two very large dogs will be sleeping in it all the time. I hope to move down from the city.

But I am still praying about it. Getting the bus up and down to work every day might be hard. But I so want to do it. Praying to Our Lady and St Joe for advice.

AED, Patty, Mary's child and 2 others like this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

I spent some of the time away reading about Padre Pio and praying a lot too him. I was reading this:

[​IMG]

AED likes this.
  11. padraig

padraig New Member

One person who fairly leapt of the pages at me was Mary Adelaide Pyle an American lady from New York whose cause for canonisation is going forward in Rome.

http://www.marypyle.info/

[​IMG]

AED likes this.
  12. padraig

padraig New Member

13. padraig

padraig New Member

I am afraid I do not know enough about Mary as I ought , but it occurs to me that she must have had quite a time of it from some of those very fierce Southern Italian ladies when she moved to live in San Giovanni. At the mass in the morning for instance they used to throw people on the floor who took, 'their', seats at the front of the Church. They must have gone crazy with jealousy at this rich American lady who became such close friends with St Padre Pio. It is a wonder they did not tear her to bits!

Anyway I have been praying and thinking about Mary quite a lot. May she soon be made a saint.

AED likes this.
  14. padraig

padraig New Member

I went to my grandnephews baptism this afternoon, in our local Catholic Parish Church , which I have long since abandoned. Big changes. I am in a bit of a daze about them.

Apparently Protestant and Catholic babies get baptised all together. They are not joining the Catholic Church anymore but the ' Christian Community' On this occasion it was the Catholic Church they got done in, on other occasions it will be Presbyterian. Methodist, Anglican Churches or whatever the babies will be taken as whoever's turn it is to host proceedings. The priest explained that the baby does not understand things like Catholic, Protestant or whatever , sp no mention of One Catholic , Apostolic. Al lthe babies Catholic and Protestant and now young Christians.

The rite was totally unfamiliar to me, I am not quite sure what was going on. But this may be because I was already in a daze with proceedings. However I am not sure the minor exorcism of the new born took place. I left as quickly as I could.

To be honest I am too shocked by it all even to be grumpy. I had no idea things had deteriorated so much. Thank God my parents are not alive to see it.

I still can't quite believe it. What a total horror story.

HeavenlyHosts, Patty and SgCatholic like this.
  15. Mary's child

Mary's child Archangels

:eek: What a horrific story Padraig!!! Things are deteriorating fast.:cry:

AED and Sanctus like this.
  16. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

Oh, ok. I didn’t realize you planned on moving there yourself full time.

17. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Also will the move affect your ability to get daily Mass as there more in Belfast than in the countryside?

18. Arantxa

Arantxa New Member

I can not believe that in Ireland there is a church that baptize catholics that way. I am glad that in Miami we have not gone in that direction. And to think that I was mad last year because a deacon not a priest baptized my grandchild.

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  19. padraig

padraig New Member

I will be able to go in the hospital and university if I could not get to daily mass I would never leave. But my brother is sending me pictures of much better houses to rent down there much better, It is confusing, apparently it is a renters market.

HeavenlyHosts, AED and garabandal like this.
  20. padraig

padraig New Member

Apparently it is called an Ecumenical baptism. One of the women there was outraged and complaining about it. I keep hoping she was mistaken. It has gotten to the point where I am afraid to ask questions in case of the answers I get. I might ask the young chaplain in the hospital.