1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

**ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS** Cyber attack

Discussion in 'PC Help.' started by "Quis ut Deus", May 13, 2017.

1. Just in case you missed it there has been a world wide cyber attack..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39901382

I would advise forum members to be extra vigilant with email attachments in fact I personally would not open any attachments sent by email until the antivirus firms sort this problem out..

for windows users please insure you have all the latest windows updates installed..

I have been using two antivirus/malware programmes successfully for a few years and they are the only software that I install on my customers machines..

they are aviria antivirus and malwarebytes they are both free but you can purchase them if you wish..

I will do my best to monitor the forum over the next week or so and try and keep it protected but this latest virus is created by a very sophisticated orginased group ..

I WOULD ADVISE ALL MEMBERS NOT TO POST PICTURES OR WEB LINKS IN ANY THREADS OVER THE NEXT WEEK.....

ATTENTION ALL MODERATORS PLEASE BE VIGILANT IN ALL POSTS.REMOVE ANY NEW WEB LINKS,ATTACHMENTS AND PICTURES..PLEASE DO NOT PROCESS ANY NEW MEMBERS..

2. heyshepard

heyshepard Principalities

Thank you for your vigilance in protecting the family members of motheofgod! God bless and God speed!

AED, Julia, "Quis ut Deus" and 3 others like this.
  3. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Only saw this because a link I posted on a thread had been removed. Thank you for the warning. I use Norton security which has served me well.

The link that was removed from my post was to a very nice article about Pope John Paul. It's a shame that I won't be able to share it with others. Would it be ok to copy and paste the article rather than the link or is there a danger that I would be copying and pasting a virus?

"Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  4. Yes Dolours that would be the sensible thing to do I know it's a pain to do and a lot easier just to paste a link..the problem I have is if multiple users on the forum continue to post links,pictures you tube clips and music and the majority will be harmless it will only take one bad link and this forum will be history it will also have the potential to spread to every forum members computer, I am asking people to hold off posting such links so that I can monitor the site more effectively, that's not easy to do especially if I have multiple links,pics etc to chase..thank you for your patience

Julia, heyshepard, Mac and 1 other person like this.
  5. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I'm in awe of your knowledge about these things and I really appreciate the service you give to the forum and, by extension, all of us. Thank you for that.

Copying and pasting is no big deal for me. I'm a dab hand at it. I just wanted to make sure that it's safe. While the website appears to be legit, I know there are no guarantees.

Thanks again.

6. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Thank you to you and all of the moderators for all of the work you all do, especially behind the scenes taking care of things like this. Most of us here don't really pay attention to what is going on behind the curtain and we forget that there is work that needs to be done there to maintain everything running properly.
    Thanks again!

AED, Julia, heyshepard and 8 others like this.
  7. Bump...

Guys we need to be extra careful...if you haven't scanned your computer or updated its software in a while now is the time to do so..

LATEST NEWS...

Another major cyber-attack could be imminent after Friday's global hit that infected more than 125,000 computer systems, security experts have warned.

UK security researcher "MalwareTech", who helped to limit the ransomware attack, predicted "another one coming... quite likely on Monday".

8. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Thank you for the warning.

Julia likes this.
  9. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Oh. I was asking today on the 2017 Consecration to The Hearts of Jesus and Mary, how to post a photo I took of our parish Priest with a statue of Our Lady of Fatima this morning. Now I will have to wait until you give us the all clear. Well, I have to wait until someone tells me how to post a photo in the first place. LOL

Thank you so much for this warning Quis ut Deus. I gladly comply. :)