1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Attack

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by padraig, Jan 3, 2018.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

2. CrewDog

CrewDog Principalities

padraig likes this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

Our Lady said a very wise thing about this in Medugorje. Someone asked one of the visionaries if Our Lady had ever talked about extreme Islam. To which she responded that the greatest danger comes from Our fears. So for instance in Italy people take down crosses for fear of offending Islam when no one has even complained.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/mystic...ady-say-anything-radical-islam-getting-scary/

In a public talk Mirjana conducted a question and answer session with pilgrims.

Q: Does Our Lady say anything about radical Islam because its getting very scary out there?

A: No, radical Islam is not so dangerous but we are too weak. Let me give you an example. When I was talking with Italians on Saturday, the question was: there are so many muslims who come to Italy now and they change everything. We are not allowed anymore to have crosses in our hospitals, in our schools. I immediately stopped that gentleman and I said “ who is taking that cross off the wall, you or that muslim?”. He said “ I…but…”. I said there is no but, there is no excuse.

[​IMG]We are weak. We are weak in our faith and then everyone else is allowed to do whatever they want. If Jesus is the one who teaches me to open the door to everybody, I have to do it. The same Jesus teaches me to open you the door and if that Jesus is an obstacle to you, to whom I open the door, then go back home. That is what I think. We always put the guilt on to someone else but we never start with ourselves. What am I like? What do I do for God? How much is my faith strong, how much am I ready to do for my faith?

So its easiest to say they’re radical, they’re this, they’re that. With my God I can do anything. I lived in Sarajevo and the most of the people are muslims, very few orthodox. But we had cross and Our Lady in our home. Those people were coming to our home, they were asking and I would explain to them what that is all about. But no matter what price I had to pay, I would never ever take that cross or Our Lady off the wall. Because our parents told us as well ; if you have to die for God then you will live forever. But if you say no to God, then you will die forever.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Fatima, Carol55, ComeSoon! and 2 others like this.
  4. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Sorry to hear this has reached your shores. From the looks of it this took place in nice a suburban area. Don't worry, your local officials will be along to tell you there is nothing out of sorts and this was a simple case of domestic dispute while they bury it in the news. We should all go back to welcoming our Islamic brothers etc etc.
    I am all for helping people and especially those with lives torn apart by war and strife. There need to be some guidelines and a strict policy regarding this though. I would bet that this man has a history that was either ignored or hidden.
    What a horrible start to the New Year for this poor mans family.

Steve79 and padraig like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes it is so strange how this is being reported. From what I can glean an Egyptian gentleman armed with two knives suddenly attacked complete strangers in a totally random fashion for no apparent reason. The most the police will say is that it might have something to do with Islam.

Spooky. Not the attack , but the reporting of the attack I mean.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0103/930792-dundalk-death/

Steve79 likes this.
  6. Steve79

Steve79 Angels

Former Muslims who became Catholics,‭ ‬and their friends,‭
    ‬to His Holiness Pope Francis,‭
    ‬about his attitude towards Islam‭:
    http://exmusulmanschretiens.fr/en/

Don_D likes this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

It is this strange alliance between media andIslam who knows why!!!

Steve79 likes this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

I am so sorry to hear this. Like a cancer metastasizing it goes from place to place.

9. ComeSoon!

ComeSoon! Mercy & Discernment

Might it be more the atheist or agnostic that has the greater confrontation with most of us directly? How many of us will actually be persecuted for our faith by a truly faithful Muslim? How many of us will otherwise be harassed by the former. Our own fear and lack of confidence may be our downfall. Wear those crosses on the outside of your clothes ladies. Keep them on the walls of your homes when that friend or relative visits. If they know you, they will expect to see it! My sister and brother-in-law came over. They saw my cross collection on the wall and statue of the Holy Family on my TV stand. No comments, no worries. We respect each other's differences and you bet I pray for them!!

Be confident brothers and sisters! I would love to meet some of you in my travels. Anyone live in Ft Myers or Punta Gorda FL?

10. CrewDog

CrewDog Principalities

Yes! Quite correct!! We are weak because we have allowed ourselves to be cowed into submission by 50 years of PC-BS that has been foisted upon us by the godless Radical Left. The same godless Radical Left that for some, still a mystery to me, reason has embraced Islam and eschewed all things Judeo-Christian. I've come to believe that this strange godless Left/Islam "Marriage" is nothing less that satanic!
    This last year my younger Sis was selling their place in the DC area and their realtor suggested that they take down their Crucifixes and other Catholic "things" and they did so ... until I Raised HELL about it ... then it all went back up and they sold the place quickly.
    People that live in Left controlled Urban areas need to be afraid 'cause you have allowed yourselves to become sheepified by the above. The same "above" that have empowered Islam .... and the culture of Abortion, Perversion, Drugs, Welfare Slavery and anti-All Things Good-n-Proper ... like Western Civilization .... and have demonized the police/military whilst ensuring that producer class citizens are disarmed. MADNESS on PARADE!!

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

PS: Merry 10th Day of Christmas! :)

Mary's child, AED, Steve79 and 3 others like this.
  11. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Crew Dog, I don't think it is a mystery to you. You hit the nail on the head when you clearly identified it as "satanic". Everything evil going on in the world and church right now is the result of grave sin working through willing accomplices and that opens the door for Satan to manifest himself through those who have sold their souls, most times unknowingly, to him. I see everything evil through the lens of Satan's influence.

AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  12. padraig

padraig New Member

I was listening to an interesting programme on BBC Radio Four on Charles Dickens, 'A Christmas Carol'. There is a lot of interest on this book as there is a I think a film coming out about Charles Dickens called, I think, 'The Man who Invented Christmas'

The BBC is off course heavily Liberal/ Feminist/ Secularist/PC. There was a group of commentators on the panel one being a Christian lady from the USA who commented that, 'A Christmas Carol ', has a heavily Christian theme of Grace and Redemption and that it was instrumental in her own conversion. But I noticed she had to heavily apologise to everyone for bring up the Christian theme and of course they turned and savaged the idea.

I don't think you get too far being apologetic to these people. If just makes them worse and want to savage you.

Carol55 likes this.
  13. Don_D

Don_D Powers

There is no fence sitting that is for sure. There never has been although some of us would have liked to think there was. Either one is for Christ or one is for Satan. Those for Satan despise weakness. They love things such as eugenics and the idea of building their babies genetic attributes. They love abortion and God sees fit to give them down's children as a result so they abort them as well. Not seeing that it is actually God's love which allows it. They love euthanasia because they despise the burden which those which are close to God in suffering place on them and society. There is no in between no matter how hard some may try to relativize God. Those who deny Christ want nothing more than to in the end tear us limb from limb and some will be so deluded they will think they are doing God's work! These are the great pretty lies which has been told for millennium, that have lulled men and women to fall asleep to the nature of evil and of good. The BBC and a great many others are simply perpetrators of those pretty lies.

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  14. padraig

padraig New Member

I am afraid Don I am naturally intellectually lazy. But I can see in these times we really have to study and study the truths of the Faith. We cannot kind of put our minds into cruise control and wander along these days for we will be challenged and challenged and challenged.

I believe Scripture warns us about this telling us having to have always on our tongues the reason for our belief in Jesus Christ.

[​IMG]

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  15. padraig

padraig New Member

But I think the greatest argument we can give is our own lives. Our Joy. It is our joy that draws people to Christ. People so want to be joyful, but they are not; they are so very,very sad. We have only to look at drug abuse and the soaring suicide rates.

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/the-joy-of-the-lord-is-your-strength

The Joy of the Lord Is Your Strength
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Article by
    Tony Reinke
    Senior writer, desiringGod.org

“I think it’s fair to say that many Christians don’t believe God is happy.” It’s an insight from Randy Alcorn, in his book Happiness. “If we did believe it, wouldn’t we be happier?”

It’s not that Christians don’t want God to be happy, it’s just that we are slow to understand the theology that God is always, essentially, and completely happy. We may believe that he is sometimes happy — that makes sense to us. But is God always, essentially, and completely happy at the core of his being?

That is a question that we have a hard time understanding, and one of the most common questions we get in the Ask Pastor John inbox: If God is so happy, why does he seem so angry in the Bible?

It’s a legitimate question for us to deal with, but under the surface it reveals our weird theological agnosticism about God’s happiness. How we answer the question will determine everything about how we view the Christian life — and how we search for holiness.

If we do not embrace the happiness of God, we jeopardize three precious realities in our own lives.

1. Your joy rests on God’s joy.

In a fallen world, cursed and made vain at so many points, we are fundamentally unhappy and prone to long bouts with unhappiness. We are made “happy” by having stuff, getting gifts, or feeling like we belong in a group.

In stark contrast, God is happy within himself. As Aquinas said so clearly, “God is happiness by his essence: for he is happy not by acquisition or participation of something else, but by his essence. On the other hand, men are happy by participation.”

We read our acquired happiness onto God (“God will finally be happy when X, Y, and Z all go his way”). We think God is merely happy by participation — just like us.

But God is happiness. Joy is fundamental to his triune nature. To find God is to find the fountain of all joy, so beautifully and simply put by Augustine: “Following after God is the desire of happiness; to reach God is happiness itself.” We participate in joy when we reach the essence of all joy: God himself.

Or take it from one of the most careful theologians of our age: “God is essentially blessed and happy” (Richard Muller, 3:382).

Yes, thank you for all these quotes, but please show me texts, you ask.

The foundation for this point is laid in 1 Timothy 1:11, where Paul extols “the gospel of the glory of the blessed God.” God is essentially blessed. His blessedness — his happiness — is central to his glory. This text shows us that God’s expressive glory is essentially linked to his inner joy (The Joy Project, 116–119). God’s majesty is his radiating joy, and that joy is what he promises to us. His holiness and beauty attract the elect to him. God communicates his majesty as beams that burn out from the solid, rocket-fuel radiance of his inter-Trinitarian joy.

See this truth, and embrace it, and your life will find an eternity of joy-fuel for this life — and the next one.

2. God really does delight in you.

When we assume that God is fundamentally angry, and simultaneously know that we are nothing special — not unique or extraordinary in our service — we cannot believe how on earth (or in heaven) the God of the universe would sing over us his song of delight (Zephaniah 3:17).

How can a holy God delight in me?

It was a preacher named Henry Donald Maurice Spence (1836–1917) who made a point I cannot forget: “God is so joyous that he finds joy even in us.”

Let that land for a moment. God’s song of joy over his justified children is not merely the sum of the joy we attract from him; it’s also the multiplication of his abundant joy exponentially expressing itself out over us. Joyful people more easily express joy, just as God delights to rejoice over his children, because he is essentially joyful.

3. The happiness of God is the strength you need.

The text on this point is a familiar one, but one we don’t stop to think about more carefully. “The joy of the Lord is your strength” (Nehemiah 8:10). Whether the “joy of the Lord” here refers mainly to the joy he has in himself, or to the joy he gives us, we have no real hope of joy or strength unless God is happy (John 15:11).

God does not give us any joy outside of the joy he has in himself already. Which means, God’s happiness is our strength.

It’s a remarkable point delivered to Nehemiah and a people who were ravaged by war, weakened by insecurities, and constantly reminded of their own fragility.

And this is where we find our strength: for life, for pain, for trials, for marriage, for child-raising, for missions, for everything. The strength we need for this life is found in the essential joy of God.

You will never be spiritually stronger than your God is happy. God’s joy is our strength. Settle it biblically. God is essentially happy within himself.

16. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Yes, me too. In fact, I often hope that when put to the test that the Holy Spirit will come to my aid because my mind does not work as it once did and I am not able to recollect things I have studied as I have in the past. I only seem to recollect what I have experienced. Gods Mercy. Over and over. In health and in sickness. In freedom and in jail. In plenty and in drought.
    If someone does not have Faith it will be meaningless to them. Just as it was to the co hosts when the woman shared her story of deliverance. But, we must tell it anyway because who knows what act of Mercy God might work on their heart as he did mine.

sterph likes this.
  17. padraig

padraig New Member

We have God's promise that He will send the Holy Spirit to our aid, a Promise from God is one we can rely on.:)

[​IMG]

Carol55 and Don_D like this.
  18. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I think too about Christ's silence before Pilate. There is a time for this. It just may be that there is nothing to say and if the Spirit does not move us to speak and give us the words should we be obedient and suffer it too as Christ did? I am sure he had much to say to Pilate, yet he said very little.
    The mysteries of God are so deep. :)

19. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Something I wanted to add to this also is that if you look at these events and how they are handled with the media and local government whether that is the Sheriff, or constable, Governor or Mayor etc it will seem that they all are talking from the same sheet of notes. It will become frustrating and very aggravating for many people especially those who love their country.
    It is deliberate. These men and women too love power, wealth, and security more than the truth and will surprise many people when they sell out their countrymen in the name of political correctness.
    It will lead to uprisings and violence when people have had enough. In this day with many who no longer hold the Truth they can be easily manipulated to create unrest and strife.

Steve79 likes this.
  20. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes but you are so Blessed in the USA that there are still people who will ask the hard questions. I am afraid in Europe there are very few who would even know what a hard question looks like. It is our Faith that makes us Free. Once we loose our Faith we loose our Freedoms.