1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Attack on Humanae Vitae

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by garabandal, Jan 9, 2018.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

As predicted on this forum months ago the next step of the progressives and modernists within the Church is to target Humane Vitae by using the logic of Amoris Laetitia to undermine the moral authority of its teaching.

Re-reading Humanae Vitae (1968) in light of Amoris Laetitia (2016).

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/n...es-amoris-to-say-some-circumstances-require-c

We see proof here of how AL can and will be used to undermine the whole edifice of Catholic moral teaching.

Pray4peace, Mary's child and BrianK like this.
  2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

The only thing is that it is heart wrenching to have to read the mumbo jumbo that comes out of the mouth of these moral theologians -- double speak from the devil!!

In such circumstances, he said, “an artificial method for the regulation of births could be recognized as an act of responsibility that is carried out, not in order to radically reject the gift of a child, but because in those situations responsibility calls the couple and the family to other forms of welcome and hospitality.”

What he argues here is that it is fine to use artificial contraception - abortifacient contraception - the killing of innocent human life with an immortal soul -- because for the child to be actually born would be an inconvenience.

He contradicts himself because abortifacient contraception is the radical rejection of the gift of a child (from God)!!!

I added God because these people don't often refer to God!

This is a pro-abortion argument from a member of the Pontifical Academy for Life!

Contraception is the radical rejection of the Lordship and Kingship of Jesus Christ over our bodies and lives!

My heart almost failed reading that article.

A number of years ago I got a word from the Lord asking me to defend 'the unborn', defend 'My Church' and 'My Holy Mother'. I thought it referred to attacks from unbelievers outside the Church so I have penned letters to newspapers and offering rosaries in prayer in reparation.

But now I understand it better - the call is actually to defend the unborn and our Lady from the attacks from modernists and progressives from within the Church and in so doing I defend His Church.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  3. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I hate to find myself in the position of defending this man, but to be fair he did not specifically mention abortifacient contraception did he? I read the article and did not see that, but I was quite angry making my way through it so I might have missed it.

By using the term "regulation of births" he could have meant it in the broader sense and not chemical regulation. No?

4. garabandal

garabandal Powers

When “natural methods are impossible or unfeasible, other forms of responsibility need to be found,” argued Fr. Chiodi in his lecture entitled: Re-reading Humanae Vitae (1968) in light of Amoris Laetitia (2016).

The only other form is contraception!!

Almost all contraception barring the condom are abortifacient in nature. Where is he going to draw the line?

I argue that his words already give a green light to using any form of contraception you want.

Mary's child and BrianK like this.
  5. garabandal

garabandal Powers

When “natural methods are impossible or unfeasible, other forms of responsibility need to be found,” argued Fr. Chiodi in his lecture entitled: Re-reading Humanae Vitae (1968) in light of Amoris Laetitia (2016).

In such circumstances, he said, “an artificial method for the regulation of births could be recognized as an act of responsibility that is carried out, not in order to radically reject the gift of a child, but because in those situations responsibility calls the couple and the family to other forms of welcome and hospitality.”

If it is true that the responsibility in generating is what these [natural] methods point to, then we can understand how, in situations when natural methods are impossible or unfeasible, other forms of responsibility need to be found. There are circumstances — I refer to Amoris Laetitia, Chapter 8 — that precisely for the sake of responsibility, require contraception. In these cases, a technological intervention does not negate the responsibility of the generating relationship. The insistence of the Church’s Magisterium on natural methods cannot be interpreted, in my opinion, as a norm which is an end in itself, nor as a mere conformity with biological laws, because the norm points to an anthropology, to the good of marital responsibility.

Technology [i.e. artificial birth control], in certain circumstances, can make it possible to guard the responsible quality of the sexual act, even in the decision not to generate, for all of the reasons that Paul VI, and even before, Pius XII already indicated as ‘plausible reasons’ for avoiding the conception of a child. Technology [i.e. artificial birth control] it seems to me, cannot be rejected a priori, when the birth of a child is at play, because technology [i.e. artificial birth control] is a form of acting, and so requires discernment on the basis of these circumstances, one however that is irreducible to a material interpretation of the norm. In the above-mentioned circumstances, then, an artificial method for the regulation of birth could be recognized as an act of responsibility that is carried out, not in order to radically reject the gift of a child but because in those situations, responsibility calls the couple and the family to other forms of welcome and hospitality.

BrianK likes this.
  6. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

By "natural methods" I would assume he would mean Natural Family Planning.
    By "other forms" I would assume he means a barrier method.
    Anything else is ghastly for a priest to say. Or anyone who knows what they are talking about.

By the way, all forms of contraception are intrinsically evil as per the Catechism of the Catholic Church and so I am not defending any of them. Abortifacients however add another layer of evil to the mix.

Mary's child, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  7. Dolours

Dolours Powers

David will be along in a minute to tell you it really means a cold shower.

Mary's child, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

I didn't think anything would shock me by this stage. But I truly am shocked.

9. AED

AED Powers

Like lefties in my country, they have become masters of nebulous “waffle words”— I can hear the hiss of a snake beneath these ever so “gentle pastoral” words. Boil them down and what you get is “if it feels good do it!”
    These folks have utterly lost their faith it seems to me. Dancing on a very slippery slope!!!

10. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

IMG_0001.JPG

Pray4peace, Mary's child, AED and 4 others like this.
  11. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I am shocked and outraged too Padraig, they are throwing the Catechism, along with everything else Catholic under the bus.

They are dismantling the Teachings of the Church one brick at a time.
    Actually that's not true, that is what they were doing.
    Now they are just taking a wrecking ball to the whole edifice of Catholic moral teaching.

I am a big sinner so I am not one to be speaking "holier than thou", but I think woe to those who have been given the great responsibility in the Church of shepherding the flock and who are actually leading souls to Hell.

I am trying to be charitable, but the fact that this man is not defrocked and removed from his post immediately shows the complicity of those who put him in his position.

12. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

These Modernists in the Vatican often make me feel a fool now for attempting to be charitable to them. They are so far over the line at this point it is ridiculous. Still, the priest didn't actually say abortifacients, so I think we at the very least need to give him the benefit of the doubt there.

13. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes it's not him but the one's in charge I worry about much more. He would never have said what he did if he did not know the Vatican would give it the nod.

SgCatholic, Mary's child and Light like this.
  14. maryrose

maryrose Powers

They are choosing the broad road that leads to hell. How difficult it is for young people to find the true way. Catholic pre marriage courses have given the green light to artificial contraception for years now.
    I have 2 married children each with 5 children and they struggle to cope with the responsibility of having such small children. They are in the minority for not taking artificial contraception. How difficult it is for the likes of them to try to live a catholic life when the church is not prepared to preach the truth. Very few will find the narrow road if the Lord does not act soon.

15. Don_D

Don_D Powers

This is absurd and should be ridiculed IMO. The truth is self evident in this matter and requires no moral theological mental gymnastics to defend it.
    It is the same arguments always. It comes down to the lives of the innocents every time. Population control was a key theme in the story of the exodus as well when the Pharaoh wished for the male children to be murdered to control the Jews. Also at the birth of Christ.
    The smoke of Satan indeed.

16. AED

AED Powers

Mary's child, Praetorian and Carol55 like this.
  17. AED

AED Powers

God bless them MaryRose. AndGod bless you!!

Mary's child, Praetorian and Carol55 like this.
  18. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Good point Don.

One can by reason alone deduce that contraception is wrong.

HeavenlyHosts, Praetorian and AED like this.
  19. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Notice folks his words --

In these cases, a technological intervention ---

The barrier method (ie condoms) does not represent technological intervention. Barrier methods have been around for centuries.

For me a technological intervention is the pill or some other of the devices that have been produced from the 1960s.

The fact that he uses the rationale of Amoris Laetitia to reach this conclusion that undermines Humanae Vitae suggests that there is a fundamental flaw in how AL is being interpreted.

And it is not in line with the 2000 year old tradition of the Catholic Church!!

20. garabandal

garabandal Powers