1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Are Catholic Tattoos okay

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by sponsa Christi, May 25, 2017.

1. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

''Which ones sorry I forget sometimes'

[​IMG] I'm out.

sterph, Don_D and heyshepard like this.
  2. Don_D

Don_D Powers

LOL! Oh boy it's a good thing I didn't have a mouth full of coffee just now. :ROFLMAO:

Mac likes this.
  3. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I have been thinking about this off and on a bit, because I have a few tattoos, and I like them but have refrained from them since I was much younger. I had a very turbulent childhood and as a young man revered things which were temporary. I had them long before they were looked on by others as a good thing in fact.

I remember my grand fathers tattoo's very clearly. He received them while in the Navy during WWII as a Seabee probably between constructing landing strips in the Pacific.

It seems to me that we are tattoo'd in a way as Catholics. We are anointed with oil at our confirmation. But, even more so we as Paul speaks about are bond servants to Our Lord. His indelible mark is upon us yet it is a secret mark. One that the world can not see. Only other followers and the Angels of Our Lord.

Another mystery!

Mac likes this.
  4. heyshepard

heyshepard Principalities

Sacramental! That was the word I was looking for... Not works of God. Thank you AED!

5. DivineMercy

DivineMercy Archangels

Sounds like a lot of "judging" going on here and now I'm offended ;):ROFLMAO:
    Just kidding! I have several tattoos myself. I had personal reasons for them, and I still like them, and have thought about getting more (it should prove to some people I'm not a rigorist....
    right?;)) That being said, every time I envision the Blessed Mother over me, I shirk from following through, so that must mean something (n)

Sanctus likes this.