1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone noticing a hardening of hearts...

Discussion in 'The Spirit of the USA' started by Don_D, Jun 17, 2017.

1. ComeSoon!

ComeSoon! New Member

This makes me think of the few non-Catholic friends I have who recognize we will eventually become one Church again. There are a few who I suspect see this as the two merging rather than all rejoining the Catholic Church. I have a friend who has been away from the Church for many years a recently rejoined. She believes she was meant to leave to gain that perspective in prep of the two coming together again. I don't believe it is for me to question her. For that reason I directed her toward a trusted priest for Spiritual Direction along this new phase of her journey. Yet, the few times I have mentioned Our Blessed Mother, that's when I hear the non-Denominational side come from her.

In this image, you see how elevated the pillars are and where the stormy seas are. It strikes me as a great image of keeping our focus raised above it all, not self-righteously but lovingly, being servants of the Most High.

Carol55 and Mary's child like this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

It is so very clear that the majority of us on the forum are either reverts or converts. That we had to loose something in order to fully find it again.

The Pearl of Great price.

This is no bad thing as it is a great teacher of humility and the very death of self righteousness. A great door way to the Holy Spirit.

[​IMG]

AED likes this.
  3. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Padraig, Thank you.

I probably should have stated that a year ago I couldn't understand the interpretation of Saint Bosco's vision on that link that I provided, I was so focused on current events and trying to connect this vision to what has happened very recently but now I understand their interpretation better and it appears very plausible to me.

I honestly think I have only made some tiny revelations myself, maybe. I find that I have grown to understand other's interpretation of many things better over time. Let's face it many, many people have studied the Bible and prophecy before me. I only find that I am possibly getting little confirmations from God at times that we are on the verge of something "big" occurring like most MOG members, imho. I believe that we all have read enough to relate certain things occurring in the world to prophecy.

PS- I may post more of Saint Bosco's prophecies on a new thread so I don't overcrowd this one. It may be an interesting discussion since I found some other prophecies which I do not believe have occurred yet.

4. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

This reminds me of what Pope Emeritus said recently at Cardinal Joachim Meisner's funeral,
    "What moved me all the more was that, in this last period of his life, he learned to let go and to live out of a deep conviction that the Lord does not abandon His Church, even when the boat has taken on so much water as to be on the verge of capsizing,"

Julia and AED like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

I think events in time are like stones thrown into a pool, they cast ripples that are not only in the present but through to the past and to the future. We are heading into some truly huge events so the ripples coming back down to us are like waves rather than like ripples. Mystics and those who pray can pick up on these.

So Jesus asked the question, 'Can you not read the signs of the times?' Well we can. Indeed we can. We can see the whole world shivering and shaking in anticipation of what is to come.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sterph, Mary's child, Carol55 and 2 others like this.
  6. padraig

padraig New Member

When termites have eaten the foundations of a building we tear it down and build again. This is not a defeat but a victory. We are watching the old building crumbling so God can build anew. This will be a very Great Victory. But disconcerting to go through. What seems like an ending is in fact a new beginning.

I think most commentators don't get this at the moment. Just how very,very rotten things have got.
    They hope like Cardinal Muller that some kind of bandage can be placed on a cancer to cure it. They are not bad in wishing this , just mistaken.

sterph, Mary's child, Carol55 and 2 others like this.
  7. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

So poetic, padraig (y)

AED, Mary's child and padraig like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

But to come back to hardening of heart directly.

If you look at what is happening in the USA ( and in the Church itself) there seems to have been a great parting of the ways. A kind of schism or civil war, undeclared as yet but no less real for all that.

For those not familiar with the culture/politics of the USA they are having what they term a values war that divides between the Conservative Right and the Liberal left over a whole range of issues such a abortion,. But I think reduces itself to a national discussion on morality and the very nature of freedom itself. This is I think very similiar to what is going on in the Church itself.

Now some people put the blame on this both in the USA and within the Church on Conservative and Liberal bloggers, particularly Conservative bloggers for stirring the pot so to speak. The main premise of this , it seems to be is that there is no real problem at all, that its just trouble makers stirring things up.

But I don;t think so . I think there really is a very ,very serious problem and the problem is peoples hearts have hardened. That there really is a problem and the problem is people have deserted worship of God for the Worship of Man .They believe they are their own God . Or that their Governments have become their Gods.

That man can save himself. I think that is the hardening of heart. The Worship of a false idol. Worshipping yourself.

What is going on the USA is going on across the entire West.

Only places like Poland are an exception. Because there the good guys are very much winning.

9. Mary's child

Mary's child Archangels

Wow Padraig, are you sure that you are not from the U.S., cus you nailed it. (y). How true and how sad that what is happening can be so visible to not only us here but by others from around the world. :(.

AED likes this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

It reminds of when Moses came down from Mount Sinai

11. AED

AED Powers

Yes. No band aids anymore. A cancer has to be cut out and strong therapies applied to make sure it doesn't return.

The institutional church is a mess. Might as well say it. Shit through with rot. It will come down. The forces of modernism are gleeful that they've captured the castle but all they end up with will be sawdust blowing in the wind. The Church is a mystical Body and a Bride. She is eternal. They don't believe in her so they don't realize those buildings are nothing! If the Holy Spirit is not there it is a hollow victory.

It is a heartbreak to see this terrible destruction but I believe with you Padraig that Christ is saying"behold! I make all things new." It is a sort if awful one-two punch to watch both the Church and my country come apart. So painful--but I live in hope.

sunburst, Carol55 and sterph like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

Oops. BAD phone. I meant to say "shot through" not "sh--t through":eek:

SgCatholic, Carol55 and sterph like this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

Nails it.

Wondreful post

Carol55 and sterph like this.
  14. sterph

sterph Principalities

You were right the first time lol.

AED, Mary's child and Carol55 like this.
  15. Mary's child

Mary's child Archangels

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: oh my too funny

AED, sunburst, CrewDog and 1 other person like this.