1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Anne the lay apostle & Direction for our Times

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by garabandal, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Lee

Lee Principalities

God Bless you Annie in the loss of your husband. I'll keep you in my prayers.

2. theresa guzzo

theresa guzzo New Member

I wish the people who criticise the messages and writings from Anne would produce some evidence that supports their concerns. I contaced Sr Briege twice, before exploring DFOT, and received no reply. I eventually spoke to someone and they gave no sound reasoning for objecting whatsoever. The Bishop has given permission - it's a good start when you want to explore. Then there's the content of the messages - what do they say? Do they contradict the Church's teachings? For me, the messages reveal an even greater loving God than I had previously understood. If people follow these messages they will undoubtedly become holier and they will love the Catholic church more.

3. Madge 52

Madge 52 New Member

Has anyone ever found out why?

4. Madge 52

Madge 52 New Member

They did buy that accursed Abbey. She's also trying to start her own order of priests. All very suspicious. I don't think a lay person can just start an order can they? And lately she's been mixing her psycho babble in with the alleged messages . Seems more like self help than spirituality. Very new age and very dangerous.

Yellowcoffeecup likes this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

I just rusted Sister Briege.

When she pulled the plug, I did too.

6. Madge 52

Madge 52 New Member

All I heard was that it was a former disgruntled employee who also happened to be Sr Brieges niece. And that she accused them of financial shenanigans. I wish they would just say why they pulled out. Recently Fr Scanlon told everyone to burn the books. Fr Darragh put a letter on the website about it, without naming them of course. This concerns me as someone close to me had gotten involved with someone close to the organization . From personal experience and from knowing this person, they just gave the worst 'luck' if anyone I've met in my life. That seems to be common amongst anyone close to this woman.

7. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Archangels

That doesn't sound like the messages i read.
    Nothing new age that i could see - perhaps you could give an example.
    They still have approval from their local bishop and were part of my being re-evangelised.
    I see good fruits.

8. Madge 52

Madge 52 New Member

Go on their website. Look at the itinerary for the School of Holiness that's going on right now over there. Anne's daughter the psychotherapist is pretty much running the show.

9. Scolaire Bocht

Scolaire Bocht Principalities

I wish you wouldn't call it that. It's true what they say about Fr Brendan Smyth, and a few others were expelled too and another laicised, all deservingly so I'm sure, but it did great work too that Abbey. It will be sorely missed.

And I'm afraid I don't believe Anne the lay apostle, it just doesn't ring true for me.

Btw it's always said that the bishop approves but reading one of his letters on that he talks about how Anne is in good standing in the Church and that he was notified of their presence and doesn't object to it but that's about it. As far as I know he never gave them the imprimatur for example.

10. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

I wondered how a nun no matter how holy we may think she is, and her working partner who is a Priest could pronounce judgement on another person (Anne the lay apostle). Only to be OBEYED by most everyone. When Annes' own Bishop appears to be aware, even appointed a spiritual director for her. How come the Bishop is ignored and the nun OBEYED. Baffles me.

However if a relative of Sister Briege had an axe to grind, I think it puts a whole new perspective in Sisters opinion of Anne. God help Sister Briege and Anne.

Blood is thicker than water they say. And, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. HHMMM

11. padraig

padraig New Member

It's true , Julia, at the end of the day only God will judge and in this case the Church will have its final say.

I wish I had time to discern all these things , there are so many. I wish I had more time. But lacking this I am happy to take a nudge and wink from Sr Briege.

12. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Archangels

The volumes received an imprimatur in November 2013, from the local bishop. Details are on the web site.
    They feel genuine to me.

Julia likes this.
  13. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Padraig, what about Anne's Bishop. I heard he was a very holy man. I have been very confused ever since I heard of the whole thing.

I thought the direct line of Church Authority, ie the parish Priest, his superior the Bishop would be the first line of Command in Gods' eyes. Not every Tom, Dick and holy nun that comes down the pipeline.

To be honest if I had not been assured Annes' Bishop was a very holy man. I would not think about it twice. This Bishop also happens to be my own sisters Bishop. My sister knows nothing about Anne, but she told me the Bishop is renowned for his holiness. And I feel we owe a huge debt of loyalty to holy faithful Bishops.

If Sister Briege had found something of genuine concern, surely it would be her duty in the sight of God to make it known to the Bishop. It would then be his duty in the sight of God to simply ask people to stay away from this.

I am believing Sister Briege will have gone down this route, and since the Bishop has not taken action. What are we to worry about. Sorry, it is just a Julia conundrum.

Jeanne likes this.
  14. Madge 52

Madge 52 New Member

I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. But having read a book on Smyth and reading about the cover up and how many lives he ruined and the thought of them buying that place is disturbing. Smyth was secretly buried on the grounds in the dark of night. Pretty creepy. I understand that they think they are turning it into a place of healing now but I can't help but feel that this is one more example of the ego of this woman. That and starting an order of priests. I mean who does she think she is? She also does the laying on of hands. I've seen her do it. She's not a priest or religious or even a minister. All of these fake/deluded so called seers' messages sound the same and have the same wording and style. It's a red flag. If you met her the messages are sound just like her. How she talks. I know one individual whose life has been turned upside down by her. Telling him Hod told her he should do this or that in his life and it's wrong. That's why I think it's ego.

15. Scolaire Bocht

Well that letter from the bishop is what I read at the beginning of the volumes when I expected to be reading an Imprimatur, because of their well broadcast statements of clerical support.

You could be right but I thought they had overdone the degree that the bishop is backing this, and I still think so.

Meanwhile Sr McKenna and Fr Scallon are the genuine articles I'd say, you can certainly trust anything they say.

16. Scolaire Bocht

Yes Madge52, I take your point and your view of the Abbey is understandable but just think of all the masses and confessions done there over nearly a 100 years and you will see why it is missed.

I agree with you about Anne and that's why the sale of the Abbey is so depressing. Coincidentally its today that the sale of the Abbey's effects are taking place.

17. Madge 52

Madge 52 New Member

Oh and they did get the Imprimatur for the books but I've read this Bishop is considered an intellectual lightweight. Imprimatur only means there's nothing contrary to the Faith not that it's supernatural . The stuff on Purgatory alone is not correct. And she never uses the word Catholic. I just think it's very Protestant borderline New Age .She supposedly stopped receiving the alleged messages about 3 yrs ago. I was at a talk she gave and she actually said how awful would it be if she started receiving messages again? I mean seriously? Wouldn't you consider it an honor and be humbled to be chosen no matter the burden? Once the messages 'stopped' she began weaving in the psychology self help stuff and now her daughter the psychotherapist has brought in brain development. It seems to me she's trying to keep it going no matter what. Kind of like Medjugorge. Blasphemous.

18. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Archangels

Most of the volumes were printed and distributed before the imprimatur was obtained so anything pre november 2013 could not have this detail included.

19. Scolaire Bocht

No no Medgugorje is the real deal I can assure you, I'm here now as a matter of fact.

I know it is amazing and somewhat contrary to previous practice for her to appear so often now at this place but the world is in need of strong medicine so maybe She feels justified in pulling out all the stops!

Julia likes this.
  20. Madge 52

Madge 52 New Member

And I thought it was interesting that the Imprimatur was finally granted ( after over 8 years) just before the Directive from Rome regarding Medjugorge came out. They immediately started distancing themselves from Medj. After all in the foreword to the books she states she began receiving messages after returning from there. That alone did it for me. There were many vulnerable women who came back from there and starting getting messages. I don't think they're from upstairs.