1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

'Along the Way'

Discussion in 'Books, movies, links, websites.' started by padraig, Sep 3, 2017.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

2. padraig

padraig New Member

Santiago Compostella translates to English as St James Field of Stars is a very ancient place of pilgrimage and is said to contain the bones of James the Apostle, Patron of Spain. Losana did the walk which I think is at least 100 miles from the Portugese , rather than the Spanish side , which is quite rare and more lonely, eepecially for a woman alone I admire of for this.

Her own story is interesting. She was a twice divorces lapsed Catholic and her conversion was mos unusual. He son appears to have been a little chosen soul, she relates that one time for instance although they brought up with no religion he asked her if she thought God was in his cereal? He went on to say that God was in his cereal as God was everywhere.:):):) Quite something for a small kid.

Anyway this boy became a Catholic at school, went on to be a priest and led his mother back ot her Faith.

Isn't it wonderful the way God works?

AED and Don_D like this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

She is now an artist and took some nice pictures which are in the book

upload_2017-9-3_14-23-35.jpeg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. padraig

padraig New Member

It certainly seems to be a profound spiritual experience, I am looking forward to doing it when I retire. One thing I notice from Losana's account is that she often seems to have missed daily mass because of her schedule. I would never do this. There should be a way of getting to daily mass in Catholic countries like Portugal and Spain.:)

But I enjoyed her account, she seems to be a very spiritual lady

5. padraig

padraig New Member

One thing about reading Losana's book was how really different we are in so many ways. She a woman, I a man. She from the USA, I form Europe. She twice divorced with children, myself never having married with no kids. She an artist , which I have always been hopeless at. She was a successful buisnesswoman I am a dissater at this. She is very focussed, I am a day dreamer. She is comfortably off and used to the good things in life. I am poor as a Churchmouse and have no interest in things like good hotels, and fine meals and good wines. She is a heath and keep fit person, I could care less. Before her conversion she taught Yoga was into New Age for which I have horror.

Yet because she is a Catholic and a devout one she is like my sister and I totally relate to her. I think this is wonderful

heyshepard, Patty, AED and 1 other person like this.
  6. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

Padraig, Climbing Croagh Patrick is a wonderful pilgrimage, have you ever done that? I tried twice but couldn't get to the top because bad weather rolled in. Now I don't think my knees could do it.

heyshepard likes this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

I did do. It was great but the insects were a torture. However I am sorry I did not climb early they had mass in the little Church on top.:)

8. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

W