1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Absolution Under fire.

Discussion in 'Books, movies, links, websites.' started by padraig, Oct 2, 2017.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes they are still on the go, Bless 'em.

Mac likes this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

Its not a bad idea. I would be inclined to pray to all the Irish and American saints at this time.

One thing I would love at the moment is to know a real live saint and to go and talk to them, to see what they think. :) But you know what? I think even the saints might be confused at the moment. :D Still I would love to talk to someone like Padre Pio.

gracia, SgCatholic, Carol55 and 2 others like this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes I feel sometimes when I think about such deep matters I feel like God is picking me up like a very, very little child in His arms and carrying me away from them and saying to me kindly, 'Don;t think about such things ,son, you'll only give yourself a headache'.:):)

gracia likes this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

I think we can't go wrong staying very simple and childlike and just say with the Psalmist: "such knowledge is too wonderful for me"

5. AED

AED Powers

I actually do know a saint--one who is in touch with many priests all over the world. And her reputation for sanctity is well established. She has been refined by the fire of suffering and I am not alone in believing she is a living saint. She refers to Pope Benedict as her Pope. Other than that she doesn't say much but she is quite firm that"Pope Benedict is my Pope. "

6. She says that because Pope Benedict remains the valid pope and Bishop of Rome.
    His resignation was illegal and the subsequent papal election void due to serious infringements of the apostolic constitution which governs these elections.
    There is nothing new in the Catholic Church having an anti pope elected by cardinals as it has happened at least once before.

7. padraig

padraig New Member

Wow! Do you speak to often? I wonder if you ask her a question for me that I have been really dying to know for most of my life?

8. AED

AED Powers

She is 90 and very frail. It I will try to get in touch with her. I am actually hoping to get to see her before winter sets in. Can you private message to me your question or I can PM to you to give address and phone number. She is very gracious and unless she is ill I believe she would speak with you.

9. AED

AED Powers

She never said that Anthony. Merely that Pope Benedict is her Pope.

10. padraig

padraig New Member

I will Pm you soon, thanks so much.:)

gracia and AED like this.