1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

A time of trial....

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Sanctus, Feb 11, 2018.

1. sterph

sterph Archangels

Yes! Lord have mercy!

Frank Markus and Shae like this.
  2. AED

AED Powers

I absolutely know what you mean. I had to take my husband to the airport today and it is quite a distance so I prayed the Rosary for all of us and the 9 Memorare novena Mother Teresa used to pray. I joined my prayers to all of your prayers. I mean to do it every day this week. I am so grateful to be able to share prayer with all of you.

Frank Markus, Byron, Dolours and 9 others like this.
  3. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

I can totally relate to what you're saying, especially about the days speeding by. I get so little accomplished each day. Where does the time go?

Last week I went through a 4-5 day bout of depression, which is very out of character for me. Everything seemed so bleak, and absolutely nothing brought any type of spiritual, mental, or emotional consolation. I was truly just going through the motions each day and crying the whole time. This episode caught me by surprise. I now have more compassion for those who suffer from depression, or those with a family member who is afflicted.

I feel that it is of vital importance that we as a forum continue to acknowledge our struggles and pray for one another. The forces of darkness want us to feel alone and to despair. The only thing worse than suffering is suffering alone. The support and prayers that we receive here are the lights that dispel the ever increasing darkness of these difficult times.

Seagrace, Frank Markus, Byron and 8 others like this.
  4. CathyG

CathyG Principalities

The exact same thing happened to me, P4P! I struggled through the days looking forward to crawling into bed at night. It was so difficult to pray. In retrospect, I do believe it was a spiritual attack. Feeling more like myself this week and doubling up on prayers to make up for it. Hoping for a fruitful Lenten season. God bless everyone on MOG. I am so grateful for all of you.

Seagrace, Frank Markus, Byron and 6 others like this.
  5. Timothius722

Timothius722 Archangels

You all are not alone...if only I could relate to you these past 3 years... you would certainly believe the power of the Virgin Mother! Seek shelter in the mantle of your Mother...quickly.

Byron, Dolours, Shae and 5 others like this.
  6. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I received a prayer of consecration to the Archangel Michael and I think it could help others also in these times. I do not know the origin of this consecration so if anyone does please let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ACT OF CONSECRATION TO SAINT MICHAEL
    Jun 29, 2015
    cathol99 Prayers, Prayers to Angels 48 comments

Oh most Noble Prince of the Angelic Hierarchies
    valorous warrior of Almighty God,
    and zealous lover of His glory,
    terror of the rebellious angels,
    and love and delight of all the just ones,
    my beloved Archangel Saint Michael,
    desiring to be numbered among your devoted servants,
    I, today offer and consecrate myself to you,
    and place myself, my family,
    and all I possess under your most powerful protection.

I entreat you not to look at how little, I,
    as your servant have to offer,
    being only a wretched sinner,
    but to gaze, rather,
    with favorable eve at the heartfelt affection
    with which this offering is made,
    and remember that if from this day onward
    I am under your patronage,
    you must during all my life assist me,
    and procure for me the pardon of my many grievous offenses, and sins,
    the grace to love with all my heart my God,
    my dear Saviour Jesus and my Sweet Mother Mary,
    and obtain for me all the help necessary to arrive to my crown of glory.

Defend me always from my spiritual enemies,
    particularly in the last moments of my life.

Come then oh Glorious Prince and succour me in my last struggle,
    and with your powerful weapon
    cast far from me into the infernal abysses that prevaricator and proud angel
    that one day you prostrated in the celestial battle.

Saint Michael, defend us in our daily battle
    so that we may not perish in the last Judgement.
    Amen.

Seagrace, Byron, Heidi and 6 others like this.
  7. Jarg

Jarg Archangels

Does anyone have an idea of what upheaval means in this case, just wondering if it could refer to political upheaval or the upheaval of the crust of the earth:

https://mysticpost.com/2018/02/peak...paul-ii-earth-desolate-upheaval-region-world/
    Medjugore, 15 August 1985

Then she showed me, like in a movie, the realization of the first secret. The earth was desolate. “and there was upheaval of a region of the world”, she said. I cried.
    – Why so early? I asked.
    – There are too many sins in the world. What to do if you do not help me? Remember that I love you.
    – How can God have such a hard heart?
    – God does not have a hard heart. Look around and see what men do, and then you will no longer say that God has a hard heart.

8. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

I am fairly certain that my issues were due to a spiritual attack as well. Last week I had just begun to say a binding prayer that Fr. Ripperger recommends, for two immediate family members. Fr. R. claims that one must only say binding prayers for immediate family so as to avoid retaliation from the evil one. Well, I'm not sure if it was coincidence or not, but my sudden depression began the same day that I started my new prayers.

CathyG likes this.
  9. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus, I Trust In You!"

Last year was very difficult for me, Pray4peace. I spent 3 full months in hospital with debilitating depression, so I understand what you went through last week. Thankfully things seem a little easier at the moment.

CathyG, Byron, Dolours and 3 others like this.
  10. AED

AED Powers

I am SO glad to hear it Sanctus. I pray God continues to strengthen and protect you. No question the Remnant is being sorely tested these days in multiple ways.

Sanctus, CathyG, Byron and 3 others like this.
  11. AED

AED Powers

P4Peace I have learned to be very very prudent with binding prayers —beyond just myself. Even in my authority as a mother now that my children are adults I do not confront head on—I have learned to ask the Father in the Name of Jesus to accept my offering of the Precious Blood on behalf of(name) to be delivered from the spirits of(and I name them as I can identify them. ) I absolutely trust Father R but I have found that for me this is a much safer way to go. I ask the Eternal Father to deliver the person I am praying for and send the Holy Spirit to seal up every wound and every crack in that person’s soul. All in the Name of Jesus. Malachi Martin suggested when someone told him of just such a backlash spiritual attack—to place himself immediately in the Holy Wounds of Jesus and order the evil one to leave in the Name of Jesus Who has created us and redeemed us in His Blood. Or words to that effect. I hope this is of some use to you.

CathyG, Byron, Dolours and 3 others like this.
  12. Heidi

Heidi Archangels

I have also had similar problems. That line about struggling through each day and only looking forward to going to bed describes me! My children have been ill with one sickness after another for the last two months (I was just up all night with 5 of them throwing up last night!), and my two oldest are having serious mental health issues. My husband and I are not getting along well, either.

CathyG, Byron, David Healy and 2 others like this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

I suppose it could mean either, I always took it to mean, very critical political unrest followed by violence / war. As with the, 'Arab Spring'

14. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Wow! 5 sick kids? I hope you get some rest Heidi.

I will pray for you and everyone here. We all face so many challenges each day.

SgCatholic, CathyG, Byron and 2 others like this.
  15. Heidi

Heidi Archangels

Thank you! Now 6 of them are sick!

16. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Heidi, I will be praying that your children get better soon and that everything improves for you and your family.

17. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

I'm so sorry to hear that you have had such a tough time recently, but am glad that things are a bit better now. Please let us know if you need prayers in the future. It is so much more challenging to faces these issues alone. I will be praying that you continue to have good health.

My heart goes out to you Heidi. You must be exhausted! You and your family are in my prayers. May God grant all of you healing and peace.

18. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

Good advice! Thank you

19. Mary's child

Mary's child Archangels

Oh Heidi, prayers going up for you. May you have the grace of our Lord's healing hands upon you and yours.

CathyG, HeavenlyHosts and David Healy like this.
  20. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Plead the everpresent grace of the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony on your marriage and family life, and hope that eases some of the pressure. Tough times never last, or at least they ease up here and there. Prayers for you. Keep us posted. Keep smiling as much as you can. There will be an end to the sickness. May it be soon.

CathyG, Byron, AED and 1 other person like this.