1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

A time of trial....

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Sanctus, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I too do this in reparation for the sins committed against Her immaculate Heart. A penance of sorts. I also will offer it up for others who are suffering or the souls in Purgatory with nobody to pray for them or those in prison with nobody to visit them, the sick...
    Since I began praying this prayer each day my pain levels have become much more manageable. And when I have those days in which it is very bad I know that it is being put to very good use.

When I pray the rosary I am often struck with the thought of all the masses and prayers being offered up to Our Lord and Blessed Mother all around the world. It has given me great hope to meditate on this. The everlasting unending chain of prayers being offered all around the world. Somebody right now, in fact, a great many are praying.

Morning Offering.jpg

SaintMichaelArcAngel--prayercard-73509.jpg

Sam, Carol55, Domenica and 7 others like this.
  2. AED

AED Powers

I just came upon this thread. I really appreciate it--knowing we are not alone in this. Last year was hard but this year is heavier. I do a lot of offering up too. Without Our Lady I don't know if I where I would be. There are the physical difficulties and the various family difficulties but for me as with many of you it is a deep anguish over this terrible apostasy all around me--friends and family is bad enough but now it is glaringly obvious in the heart of the Church itself. And my deep distress that I do so little. I have no impact on those around me. I keep praying and trusting but I see nothing.

3. Byron

Byron Archangels

Believe me you do make a great deal of difference. Don't give up.

4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Yes, a huge difference

Sam, Carol55, Mary's child and 3 others like this.
  5. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I wonder from time to time if what we are experiencing is anything similar to what Mary felt watching the Passion of her son and having Her Heart pierced.

Light, Tanker, CathyG and 9 others like this.
  6. Shae

Shae Principalities

As my own personal anguish happens to be the suffering of my own son, it certainly causes me to think about what Our Blessed Mother endured watching her son suffer too. I take great comfort in speaking with her about it in prayer. I know she is listening and understands my pain.

maryrose, CathyG, DeGaulle and 8 others like this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

Offering up mass and prayers today for all.

I was imagining last night if we die and go to heaven we would be standing there with the beautiful white robe of glory on us. Then as we look around us we should all the others saints in a great crowd and notice they had all jewels glittering and shining on their robes. We might then ask the Lord what these jewels are and where did they come from? To which Jesus would reply that the jewels marked those and where they had carried the Cross during life.

Job 40:10

Then adorn yourself with glory and splendor, and clothe yourself in honor and majesty.

But how sad we would be if we had no such jewels never having suffered much during this brief life, which St Teresa of Avila described as , 'A night in a bad hotel'.

I was struggling lately with a couple of neighbours who I have found aggravating me. I been offering masses and prayers for them and have smiled to think how startled they would be to find so many prayers and masses offered up for them!:):)

But I was discussing them with the Good Lord and He said to me,

'They are the salt on your chips (fries)!' :):)

I love chips very much, but they are just no good without salt. The salt of suffering , the carrying of the Cross is what makes it worth having. Of course it looks at time we are getting too much salt and this makes eating the chips of life look hard; but since it is Jesus Himself who is putting the salt on our chips we have to accept He knows what He is doing as He is the Top Cook. ;););)

Revelation 21

21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  8. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you Heavenly hosts for your prayers!:love: and I know all the others here at the MoG forum that are now praying! :love:

I love you all!:notworthy:

I did not want to mention my husbands stroke when it occured, because I know I am truly blessed! Our crosses are such personal and human things, that no one can really know how heavy or hard the cross of another is!

From my human perspective the 'stroke cross' is not my major focus as far as crosses go! I find it harder to carry many of the other crosses concerning my children and other things!

The stroke has just added a bit of weight!:D

Light, maryrose, CathyG and 11 others like this.
  9. Frank Markus

Frank Markus Angels

I was looking for comfort here tonight as I find my cross is getting too heavy, I'm worn out after seven years of job struggles and it just seems to get harder every year. Then I found this thread and now I see I am not alone. Providence!
    God bless you all,
    Let's stay strong,
    Let's stay in the Lord,
    Let's turn to our blessed mother for help,
    Let's pray for each other.

Frank

Light, CathyG, sterph and 11 others like this.
  10. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

[​IMG]

11. AED

AED Powers

God bless you Josephite. Thank you for sharing with us. I truly love and appreciate everyone here! What a gift you all are. I have the next few days some rare solitude. I am going to gather up all these crosses and sorrows of all of us and pray Rosaries for strength and perseverance and sanctification and for answers!!! For those problems that can be answered. God bless!!!!

Frank Markus, CathyG, sterph and 8 others like this.
  12. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you AED!

Your prayers for an answer may go unanswered, however I believe that with each prayer, we are strengthened in our weakness!

When St Paul prayed to be released from his weakness, he received this answer: “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:7-10.

It seems, that in our professed weakness it allows Gods strength to come to the fore!

So our humble prayer provides that profession!

Thank you again! and God Bless You!

Frank Markus, Light, sterph and 8 others like this.
  13. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Josephite, Thank you for the beautiful prayer. I will be praying for you and your husband also. May God bless us all.

Frank Markus, CathyG, sterph and 4 others like this.
  14. ComeSoon!

ComeSoon! Mercy & Discernment

I have come to view "unanswered" prayers as an indicator to change the prayer. In the past when making most difficult decisions, i have prayed to see His Will. In other areas, my prayer is " If it is not in your plan or will for a cure, make this for YOUR GLORY, perhaps so others will convert and live their lives for You". That is where I find my peace through things such as terminal illness. Perhaps it is truly God's Will that my mom's illness (and all others) be used for His Glory and conversion of others whose lives are touched or affected in some way. We have but to get out of His way. I seek my strength and consolation in our Mother and Lord. They know our deepest struggles. They weep and know my Mom's struggles.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  15. AED

AED Powers

Thank you for this wisdom Come Soon. You have just reminded me of the perfect prayer--really the best prayer of all. Thy Kingdom come Thy Will be done.

16. Shae

Shae Principalities

Did anyone else take notice that this morning's Mass reading was all about facing trials and how it tests our faith and produces endurance. It was just what I needed. I really felt as if God was speaking directly to me.

Frank Markus, maryrose, maryn and 9 others like this.
  17. Bella

Bella Archangels

Josephite.. I am so sorry to hear of your stressful situation.. I am going to go to bed just now and I will say the rosary for you and your husband. Sometimes all we need is the grace to just take each day one day at a time and not to worry about the future. I know that is hard when you have no choice but to plan for the future... AED and Shae - I'll pray for you too. We are never alone.

God Bless.

CathyG, HeavenlyHosts, AED and 3 others like this.
  18. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Often times I think about the confusion of the times and the trials of the faithful to this point. Recognizing we all bear a cross of some degree, we know that all that is taking place has been foretold. We also know we are only in the beginning phases of the storm.

The overwhelming majority of the world is clueless. Eating, drinking and carrying on as if this is the norm. All is well with them.

We are already bearing our crosses, but they will in an instant have their world's changed and they will have no answers and great fear will set in.

Scripture say's, "many will perish for lack of knowledge". The great pain that those who are wilingly embracing the world when it collapses will not be bearable as they will be like an animal, clueless, that suffers for the sake of suffering.

I thank God for loving us so much that he has foretold us of the apostasy, the trials and the crosses we will bear, but most importantly that he will be next to us carrying our burdons. Redemptive suffering on our part for our family, relatives. friends and neighbors.

Frank Markus, Byron, CathyG and 5 others like this.
  19. Shae

Shae Principalities

Bella, thank you so very much. I truly appreciate your prayers. God bless you.
    p.s. I do pray for all of the MOG forum members

Byron, HeavenlyHosts, AED and 2 others like this.
  20. Adoremus

Adoremus Archangels

Everything has ratcheted up several notches, even since the beginning of 2018. I can physically feel the oppression, and have a constant headache, constant anxiety, even though I have no obvious crosses like illness or major financial troubles or family troubles, as many of you have. Everything that used to be easy is suddenly incredibly difficult. The days seem to fly by and it's difficult to get much of anything done as it feels like there's no time in the day. It's hard to explain, but I suspect many of you know what I'm talking about.

Frank Markus, Byron, Sanctus and 7 others like this.