1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

A time of trial....

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Sanctus, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus, I Trust In You!"

Does anybody here feel that this is a very tiresome and difficult time spiritually? I prayed to Jesus earlier and asked Him why my cross was so heavy at the moment, and the first words that came into my head were that "this is a time of trial". I was thinking that many here are going through similar trials and difficulties at the moment. Maybe it is all for a reason and we just have to go through it, but it is very painful. Last year especially seemed very difficult. Heading to Medjugorje next month so hopefully that should be a nice experience :)

DeGaulle, Frank Markus, AED and 9 others like this.
  2. heyshepard

heyshepard Principalities

I feel every fiber of your worry. I'm no good at this but let not your heart be troubled. Everything is as it should...☺️

Carol55, AED, Mary's child and 7 others like this.
  3. sterph

sterph Archangels

Yes same here. Very difficult. It's exhausting.

4. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Sanctus, yes emphatically. This is certainly a time of trial like all times are but this seems much more wearisome because the stakes seem incredibly high. So, we must not worry but have Faith. Continue on in our daily affairs and trust God. If this means we need to make Mass more regularly to take part in the Blessed Sacraments more frequently we should do this. Or maybe spend some time regularly in Adoration. Or find some new way to share our Love with others who need it desperately. He has shown such incredible Mercy toward us in all times. Oceans of Mercy are what he has for us always. I don't know about you but I need to remind myself of this regularly.

I am very excited for you to get to go on a journey to Medjugorje. What a wonderful thing to look forward to. I hope that this will help to recharge you and bring you joy, comfort and peace.

AED, Mary's child, Shae and 2 others like this.
  5. Fatima

Fatima Powers

I have mixed feelings. On the one hand I have family, relatives and friends not living the faith they were baptized into . On the other, something has to wake them up to their indifference and apathy towards what they have left. I am at peace however, knowing it is our preparation time. Time for frequent study and prayer and sacraments. I have found solace in knowing that God will assist our family, relatives and friends through prayers and sacrifices. My biggest cross seems to be the fall or apostasy of faith that I see world wide now. One part of me wants to get mad at it and let the chips fall as they may!! While another tells me to pray and do more penance for it all. Very hard at times to do penance and pray for those who have known the truth and then squandered it, as if truth can change or it doesn't matter what one believes. The one thing that is on my mind all the time is the fact that prophecy today makes quit clear we are in the end-times and it is no time to fall asleep or become indifferent to the deception around us. While most I try to speak with, ever so subtlety, are and want to remain clueless, there is a very small contingent who will listen. Just enough to give some hope. God has a plan and it will shake the slumber from the minds and hearts of all in the world. Its called the Warning. And while I don't look forward to this day, I know it will be a great grace to see ones soul as God see's it. It will purify all of us whose hearts are open to be the children he has called us to be.

Light, SgCatholic, AED and 4 others like this.
  6. Seagrace

Seagrace Angels

For me, there is indeed something different about this year. My trials are coming at me in short, sharp bursts. Like navigating rapids. I get hit, try to not fall out of the boat. Then I make it, sigh of relief, thanksgiving..... and then comes the next one.

7. padraig

padraig New Member

It may well be pictured in the Book of Revelation; if you recall the Flying creatures sent to sting; I will look it up:

http://biblehub.com/revelation/9-10.htm

Revelation 9:10

The Fifth Trumpet
    …9They also had thoraxes like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the roar of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. 10They had tails with stingers like scorpions, which had the power to injure people for five months. 11They were ruled by a king, the angel of the abyss. His name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek it is Apollyon.…Berean Study Bible ·
    D

The creatures being manifold heresies everywhere.

[​IMG]

8. Sanctus

Do you believe it is symbolic in some way of tough trials?

josephite, Mary's child and Shae like this.
  9. Sanctus

Yes there is definitely something different, Seagrace. I felt last year was difficult too.

10. padraig

padraig New Member

I think it is specifically swarms of heresies; even within the Church. There appear to be billions of them.

They swarm because the Chair of Peter fails.

11. padraig

padraig New Member

The Fifth Trumpet is Sounded... the place were we are at in Prophecy.. the Age if you like..

The Woman is the Church/ Our Lady, the stinging insects/ heresies

'All Evil Defeated'....The Triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary

This video shows St John the Evangelist on the Island of Patmos were he witnessed The Apocalypse.

Wonderful old Irish actor Richard Harris as St John, bless him:):)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    DeGaulle, AED, Mary's child and 3 others like this.
  12. Sanctus

Thank you Don :)

josephite and Mary's child like this.
  13. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Yes, destroyer is the meaning of these names in both Greek and Hebrew.

Mary's child and josephite like this.
  14. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes; maybe more exactly , 'Renderer'...he who tears apart

Mary's child and josephite like this.
  15. josephite

josephite Powers

I too am exhausted. Also don't know what to do!
    My Husband Michael had two strokes, one in the cerebellum the other near the brain stem, in November last, 2017, and Praise God, he has nearly made a full recovery but still having weekly physio. He has not been able to work since and his boss says he can't employ him now, its understandable as Michael was a school bus driver and it would be too risky. Here in Australia Michael is expected to look for work at 60 years of age!, after hip replacements, knee replacements back problems, other co-morbidities and now two strokes and there is no welfare help until he turns 67! It has put extra pressure on me and my work, as we still have a mortgage plus I'm doing all the farm work, house work etc.

Lots of crosses but thank God 'that He is Almighty' and is looking after us! even so I sometimes feel it is unfair. Please God forgive me for this, because I know these Crosses are beautiful and needed and are sent as a blessing to help Our Lord save our soul and the souls of our children and hopefully others.

The Cross.

The everlasting God in His wisdom

Has foreseen from all eternity the cross that He now presents to you,

As a gift from His inmost heart.

This cross He now sends you,

He has considered with His all knowing eyes,

Understood with His divine mind,

Tested with His wise justice,

Warmed with loving arms and

Weighed with His own hands

To see that it be not one inch too large

Nor one ounce too heavy for you.

He has blessed it with His Holy Name,

Anointed it with His Consolation,

Taken one last glance at you and your courage,

And then sent it to you from heaven,

a special greeting from God to you,

A blessing from the all merciful love of God.

St. Francis de Sales

16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I sorely needed this very beautiful meditation, and for you and your husband, prayers are on the way.

17. Mary's child

Mary's child Archangels

Yes, most definitely! The heaviest of crosses on some days, it only lightens when I offer my crosses for our heavenly mother's intentions.

Frank Markus, josephite, AED and 3 others like this.
  18. Shae

Shae Principalities

I was so surprised to see this thread today, as I have been going through the absolute worst trial this past year. Specifically, the last 2 days have been agonizing. I rarely ever cry (just a weird thing with me), but yesterday I actually broke down and cried. I'm afraid my cross just became so overwhelming and it broke me. But I surrendered it all to Our Lord and Our Blessed Mother and already today, much of th weight has been lifted! I feel so much better today

19. Byron

Byron Archangels

I cried too. It is exhausting. I watched EWTN's Rosary last night. It's my favorite one to pray. I guess I'm not alone. We all have our stories. Will offer my suffering for all of us here. God bless.

maryn, Domenica, Frank Markus and 9 others like this.
  20. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Yes. I heard a story years ago that if everyone threw their crosses in a big pile on the floor, we each one would choose our own cross again.
    I like the rosary on Ewtn as well
    The one with mother Angelica
    Thank you all for sharing your troubles

Frank Markus, josephite, Shae and 2 others like this.