A Strange Dream

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by Seán, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Seán

Seán New Member

I'm not normally prone to strange dreams, but here are a couple I had a couple of nights
    ago. I don't believe they are prophetic or anything, they aere just very interesting ones:

I was outside in the garden, and as I looked to the western horizon, I could see three suns setting.
    One was in the normal position, where the sun would normally set at this time of year,
    the second sun was setting simultaneously in the southwest, and the third sun was setting on the opposite side, setting on the northwest. In the dream there was a great sense of fear and urgency; I knew that a comet/asteroid had impacted the Atlantic ocean, and that my family and I had to flee instantly. A tsunami was going to approach from the southwest. As the three suns sank below the horizon even more, the danger became more imminent. I suggested with my family that we make for a nearby hill, where we might stand a chance. The three suns set and the dream ended, with the onslaught of the tsunami.

The Warning of Garabandal had been announced by the Medjugorje visionaries, and I was out in the garden with my brother. It was a sunny day, and the Warning was imminent. Any moment it would happen. I was very nervous indeed, even fearful, since I did not know what the experience would be like. My brother and I knelt down on the lawn. I had a set of Rosary beads, and I fumbled with them nervously. My brother kept asking me questions about the Warning, and I was irritable because of my fearfulness.
    We watched the sky, any second now. It was approaching three o clock and nothing yet. I shifted from one place to another, trying in vain to be ready for it.
    Then a large dark shape appeared in the Western sky, like a hooded person, which seemed to race in our direction, and the instant it arrived the Warning began. This is where the dream ended.

I need to go easy on the tea...

2. padraig

padraig Powers

I think with dreams that seem to carry truth we don't in a sense need to know if they are true or false, at least right away.

\\\\\\\\\\\imagine someone, a complete stranger came up to you in a public place and gave you a piece of information, say a sensational piece of information, what would you do? Well you could accept the information at once; but them that might show a bit of gullibility in that you did not know this stranger and had a chance to check out the story he/she was telling you.

On the other hand you could simply reject the information out of hand . But this would reveal a closed mind, for how could you know without checking the truth?

The third way and I think this is the best way with all mystically acquired information from dreams, visions, prayer, locutions is to handle it lightly as though given by a stranger and then study, and pray about them.

Our big advantage, as Catholics is that we have great filters, to test the Spirits as we are warned.

1 John 4
    Test the Spirits
    1Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

4You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit[a] of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

Our first two great filters are the Church and Scripture which in terms of your dreams, Shane there seems to be no problem.

As I say we simply need to take such things with a prayerful gentleness . I think one of the signs such things are true dreams is that they impose themselves with a prayerful urgency on our hearts, or that we recall them often over a period of time. Also they may correspond with other information from other places. Also if we pray about them over a period of time and submit them , if we feel if necessary to a spiritual director {this may not me necessary if we aren't going public about them writing books and giving TV interviews and what not}

But we promised by Jesus that He will leave the Spirit of Truth with us and we can gently ask the Spirit of Truth to guide us in underastanding and interpreting As Joseph interpreting the dreams of Pharoah or Daniel in Exile..

14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
    14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him:

But you know, in these latter days the problem is, not that people are too ready to believe dreams but they are too ready to close the door in them. As I say I think we should treat them with a gentle rather sceptical openess. To dance with them, if you like in prayer to the Truth.