A Spiritual Communion

Discussion in 'On prayer itself' started by HOPE, May 22, 2013.

1. HOPE

HOPE Guest

A Spiritual CommunionBy St. Conrad of Parzham
    I have come to spend a few moments with Thee, O Jesus, and in spirit I prostrate myself in the dust before Thy Holy Tabernacle to adore Thee, my Lord and God, in deepest humiliy. Once more a day has come to its close, dear Jesus, another day which brings me nearer to the grave and my beloved heavenly home. Once more, O Jesus, my heart longs for Thee, the true Bread of Life, which containes all sweetness and relish. O my Jesus, mercifully grant me pardon for the faults and ingratitutde of this day, and come to me to refresh my poor heart which longs for Thee. As the heart pants for the waters, as the parched earth longs for the dew of heaven, even so does my poor heart long for Thee, Thou Fount of Life. I love Thee, O Jesus, I hope in Thee, I love Thee, and out of love for Thee I regret sincerely all my sins. May Thy peace and Thy benediction be mine now and always and for all eternity. Amen.

Mario and Carmel333 like this.
  2. Mario

Mario Powers

Hope,

This is the second time a prayer has been posted on the Forum and I've decided to memorize it!:) Thank you!

Safe in the Flames of the Sacred Heart!

3. HOPE

HOPE Guest

May I ask what the other prayer was?

4. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

This is not the other prayer but I must tell you a little story.
    For a few years I did www.childrenofhope.org/ a time of Adoration in front of The Blessed Sacrament for 1 hour for children.I followed the directions somewhat from the above website but since the children were from 4 to 12 I had to vary so there was something for all ages.
    One day we started doing Spiritual Communion. This little 8 year old told us she says."Please dear angels and saints and Blessed Mother and St. Joseph come to my heart and make it clean so then I ask Jesus to come and I unite my heart to His for the intentions of Our Blessed Mother.
    They taught me so much.

Sam and (deleted member) like this.
  5. HOPE

HOPE Guest

Thank you RoryRory, that is beautiful, from the mouths of babes. I've been reading a lot of little Jacinta of Fatima lately and her simple purity and beauty of soul has touched me tooo. We must all find that simple purity and simplicity and return to it.

RoryRory likes this.
  6. Mario

Mario Powers

Here you are, Hope! For reasons I don't fully understand, I now always pray this prayer before departing Church:

May the most holy,the most sacred, the most adorable, the most mysterious and the most unutterable Name of God be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored and glorified in Heaven, on earth, and under the earth by all the creatures of God and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar. Amen!!

7. HOPE

HOPE Guest

The Golden Arrow prayer, I pray it often during the day

THE GOLDEN ARROW​

[​IMG]

The Golden Arrow is an important prayer that Jesus gave to Sister Mary of St. Peter, a Carmelite nun in France, in August of 1843. Sister Mary called it “an Act of Praise that our Lord Himself dictated to me, notwithstanding my unworthiness, for the reparation of Blasphemy [insulting or disrespectful thoughts or behavior] against His Holy Name.”
    May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
    most incomprehensible and unutterable Name of God
    be always praised, blessed, loved, adored
    and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
    and under the earth,
    by all the creatures of God,
    and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
    in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
    Amen.

Like the Devotion to Jesus’ Holy Face that she also promoted at His request, the Golden Arrow is meant as an act of reparation for the profanation of Sunday and of Holy Days of Obligation as well.
    It is often recited as part of a group of prayers known as the Holy Face Devotion. This picture above from the Shroud of Turin, (thought by many to be Christ’s image left on His burial cloth) is often used on prayer cards and other literature associated with this prayer and this devotion.

[​IMG]
    Our Lord showed Sister Mary, pictured at right, how much blasphemy hurt Him, “more grievously than all other sins,’’ as she put it, by having her visualize it as “a poisoned arrow continually wounding His divine Heart.”
    She continues in her autobiography, “after
    that He revealed to me that He wanted to give me a ‘Golden Arrow’ which would have the power of wounding Him delightfully, and which would also heal those other wounds inflicted by the malice of sinners,” with torrents of graces emanating from it!

When it comes to our salvation the Golden Arrow is no magic bullet. Still it can bring us closer to Christ by helping to make amends for the many insults He suffers on a daily basis. Today, as in Sister Mary’s time, we often read harsh, offensive language about our Lord, in the papers or on the internet, for example.
    Have you ever noticed how many such abusive comments come especially from those considered most sophisticated in our society? We’ve also seen television shows and movies that attempt to strip away Christ's Divinity and His Dignity, much as those who jeered Him during His Passion. (A special that aired on Cable TV a while back about some supposed Lost Tomb of Jesus comes to mind here!)
    There are also more than a few "smart" people these days who would rather think of our Lord just as some philosopher and leave it at that. This prayer can help us all provide our Lord with comfort for these various slings and arrows He suffers each day!

8. Mario

Mario Powers

Thank you!:)

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

9. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Bump , For the month of June.

josephite and Sam like this.