1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

A quote from Pope Francis and some thoughts

Discussion in 'Pope Francis' started by Mark Dohle, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Jarg

Jarg Archangels

To me, more grieve than the quotes news outlets attribute to the pope which could always be taken out of context, is to see his silence before so many public abuses by high prelates, so so so many! at high levels in the Church, and in different countries, and his nominations of prelates like Marx, Kasper, Paglia, Cupich, Fernandez, Daniels and others that despise doctrine, truth and have for many years constantly questioned, deformed, and banalized the teachings of Christ, and continue to do so now in our face. And yet there they are, compromising with the world in everything, and the pope is not only silent but gives them all the means and the capabilities the Vatican has, and that grieves me deeply. While those faithful prelates like Sarah, Mueller, Meisner, Caffarra, who have always shown him great respect, are suppressed, zero dialogue for them! Just try to imagine the horrific pain this causes Our Lord!

Remember the words of Jesus to Padre Pio referring to a multitude of high prelates ('dignitary ecclesiastici') and priests: "Butchers! ('Macellai!')...How poorly they correspond to my unconditional love! What hurts me the most is that to their indifference, they add their contempt and incredulity...." "I see, my son, many of them that...(here He stopped and was bitterly crying, and His silent weeping seemed to choke His throat) under hypocritical appearances they betray me with sacrilegious communions, trampling on the light and strength I continually give them."(Pietralcina, 12 march and 7 april 1913, letters from Padre Pio to padre Agostino)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  2. Mark Dohle

Mark Dohle Principalities

I agree, titles are not impersoal but are simply a respectful way to address our Spritural leaders.

Peace
    Mark

DeGaulle, Praetorian and Dolours like this.
  3. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Reading this quote it simply brings to mind my own personal struggles as a young man. I had two men who made profound impacts on my life. One much more than anyone I have met. I think of him often. He was called home many years ago but his impact was so significant that I consider that God sent him to me.

At any rate, this man was not one to mince words. He told me some very harsh truths about life which were not loving or accepting by today's standards at all. Many times I went away from our conversations very angry at him. Upon having time to digest what he said to me however I came to understand how much he cared for me in a deep way. He treated me as a son who he loved enough to tell the truth. He was not afraid to tell me the truth. Nobody had ever cared for me in this way before then.

What are people to take away from this kind of relativistic talk? To me, there is an assumption that comes along with statements such as this. One that people are not listening to the plights of others in a way that is meaningful, connecting with them, and ultimately reaching out to others. I just don't see this at all.

AED, Jarg, SgCatholic and 1 other person like this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

How strange. I was just reealising in my own life and in the life of others, such as the lives of the saints we see at the very hours God always, always , always allows a helping hand to be reached out.

I think of Jesus who was sent the Angel of Comfort in the Garden of Gethsemane. But we all have our Angels of Comfort, just when we most need them

Don_D likes this.
  5. Mark Dohle

Your point is well taken. However, does it help the one you are harsh with. Does it truly flow from love, or merely from anger. Jarg, it is obvious that you are a loving man, who cares for others. However, saintly harshness is based on someone who can enter the life of others and when they speak truth, even if it sounds harsh, the other can understand where it is coming from. But just to be harsh, is not a good answer. Jesus was harsh, but towards people like those who post here, devout believers, who know the scriptures etc. His harshness was based on love, not to get a point across etc. I am not saying you ever do that, probably not, yet how is it recieved. A tree is judged by its fruit. If our harshness leads to further alienaation, then it is mistaken. Don't forget, we are not to perscute others for not being christian, it should be us, becasue of our lives, our love and comassion. Many hate that about us and when we are loving, but gently truthful, showing compassion for their struggle, then we can be persecuted for our following Christ.

Peace
    Mark

6. Mark Dohle

It is true, that men who are leaders, can be afraid to speak the truth, becasue they are taking care of their own emotional well being, or fears of conflict. A true leader speaks firmly yet with love.

Peace
    Mark

7. Mark Dohle

There is much today that grives me as well.....my trust in prayer grows as I age, also knowing that I have little control, yet I can move forward with faith and hope and love with the grace of God....which I am sure you are doing that ;-).

Peace
    Mark

Mario likes this.
  8. Mark Dohle

I see your point, but again we each have to learn to listen to others. I see many people, those who are Christian I am more blunt with yet with gentleness.. Those who are Catholic, even more so, again I am gentle. So when I use Pope Francis's quote, it was for me a mediation on how I listen to others. Many people are so knocked around by life, by abuse from parents, clergy etc., that they need to be listened too at a very deep level. Once they realiaze God's love for them, it is then that they can deal with their sins, compuslion and deep anger and fear. I know from experience that our conversion is a life long journey. When people come to the Monastery, I take it for granted that they are moving towards God. For many to come to the Monastery and to speak truthfully takes a great deal of trust and courage, I will in no way turn that against them. Many come here from other traditions, or even agnostics and atheist, those I have to be even more receptive and open to the Holy Spirit in how I speak to them, but always seek to be truthful.

Peace
    mark

9. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

10. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

Well Mark, I'm hearing that the part of "acceptance " you are referring to is accepting the person not their ideology. So that's where the confusion of the quote comes in. Of course you would want to listen to the person, give them encouragement, advice etc. But appropriate advice. In this time there are too many people trying to justify a wrong to a right. And by that very sentence one could imply do I mean something that is right, or "it is my right". So being clear and not muddy is important in a conversation, especially when it is written and not verbal. Just because the government says it is ok does not mean it is ok . . .

Dolours and padraig like this.
  11. Mark Dohle

I agree, next time I will be more careful ;-).

Peace
    Mark

12. Mario

Mario Powers

It is the ultimate, authentic, most singular weapon for peace!:)

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

Mark Dohle likes this.
  13. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Up until the infamous AL document came out, I gave Pope Francis the benefit of my doubts in his ways. In the past year he has more than confirmed in my mind that he is not concerned for the truths that have been handed on. He is more interesting in his Jesuit formation of liberation theology, social justice ways of the world and environmentalism. Fixed teachings of God, which the Church has clearly defined for 2000 years is a thorn in his side. I see how God is unmasking his true identity. Even Pope Benedict is sounding off in his own way now. Things are much more clear now than they were a few years ago when we all wanted to see the real Pope Francis. Just as the gay's have come out of their closets, so Pope Francis progressive agenda is coming into clear light now for all who have eyes to see. Not that those in the world care, but the unveiling has allowed those who still want to live in the faith to see where they want to stand. Granted, we are probably talking about maybe 5% of the faith now, but Jesus will take and win his battle with as few as those in Gideon's army.

SgCatholic likes this.