1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

A question concerning prayers

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Steve79, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Steve79

Steve79 Angels

I started to include the requested prayers of the forum in my daily rosary. In this context I would like to ask a question which I already talked about with religious persons in real life.
    I divide parts of the rosary concerning different groups of persons I want to pray for. Because there are so many people I would like to pray for, I can not pray very much for each single one of them. So my question is:

Does it make a difference to pray an Ave Maria for a single person instead of pray an Ave Maria for a whole group? I mean, is there a bigger “benefit“ for a person if you pray an Ave Maria only for this single person? Or do you think because we all belong to the corp of Christ, Jesus will use our prayers to help those who need it most?

Ps: What is the English word for each of the 5 times Pater noster inclusive 10 times Ave Maria in each rosary? You know what I mean? :)

Shae likes this.
  2. AED

AED Powers

Steve—I too have many intentions and a few people to whom I have committed a Hail Mary each day for each. I also include at the beginning of the Rosary this prayer: Mother Mary Celestial Queen please bind with this golden chain of the Holy Rosary—and then I name names. So even if my Rosary is part of another intention— example Fr Heilman or Cardinal Burke—I am still covering souls I wish to pray for. I also try each day to pray the Sacred Heart novena so loved by Padre Pio. I put the MOG intentions at the top of those prayers. Hope this helps. I think Our Lord and Our Mother see our hearts and love that we are trying to cover others in prayer.

Shae and Steve79 like this.
  3. Shae

Shae Principalities

I think the English word you are looking for is "decade". There are 5 decades in a Rosary. And I agree with AED, Our Lord and Blessed Mother know the intentions of our heart. It usually takes me a bit of time to list all of my prayer intentions before I begin my Rosary. Other times, I might offer the entire Rosary for a specific intention or person, or I may offer each decade for a particular intention. But I ALWAYS begin my Rosary by offering it for the intentions of Our Blessed Mother and I also add at the beginning "Holy Mary Celestial Queen, with this Rosary I bind my children to your Immaculate Heart" (which is similar to AED's suggestion above). Hope that helps Steve:)

Steve79 likes this.
  4. Domum_Gressus

Domum_Gressus New Member

I was once told that saying prayer is can be likened to the miracle of the multiplication of loaves. Each prayer goes out as one, but is multiplied for each intention. So, saying one rosary for multiple people is the same as saying one rosary for each person seperately. Ever since hearing this, I have started to more easily feel comfortable praying for a few intentions at a time, knowing they will be answered.

Steve79, Shae and AED like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Great suggestions and help in this thread
    Thank you

Steve79 and Shae like this.
  6. Steve79

Steve79 Angels

Yes, thanks for help!

7. padraig

padraig New Member

I keep forgetting individual requests, there are so many. So I bought a little note book to write them down but forgot to do that and lost the book.:)

I think a promise to pray is a promise to pray and I always try to honour this specifically. But I keep forgetting so I do general prayers. Often I do remember specifically. There are some people I have been praying for for many years, their problems are just so enormous.

I feel guilty if I don't do the prayer of petition specifically. I notice Padre Pio did them one by one and he is a great example.

But if God doesn't know our weaknesses I don't know who does. We can only do the best we can.

Steve79 and AED like this.