A new press conference on the plane from Greece

Discussion in 'Pope Francis' started by davidtlig, Apr 16, 2016.

1. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

Yes! The Pope's main job is that of Pastoral Shepherd but, like it or no, the Pope is also Head of State and in wearing that "Hat" he has, in my opinion, fallen short .... but I'll say again!! I believe he is acting out his role in this Divine Play! I don't like it or understand it but the Lord does not keep me or many here "In His Loop" ... so we soldier on as best we can with The Faith within us ;)!

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

2. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Fallen saint. I am not aware of separating daily life with spiritual life. Well not deliberately anyway.
    I think the reason for so many young healthy single refugee men you mention; it seems to me, to be a bunch of cowards who are fleeing conscription in Syria and Iraq for the fight in defence of their own home country. Maybe; but just an opinion. And I have asked myself the same question about the children. I saw a pair of twins 2 weeks old lying on the ground looking for shelter on the news. I wondered where they got the money for the people smugglers to make the trip. Maybe children get separated from their parents. Who knows. Something is fishy about some so called refugees.
    Christians are being slaughtered just like in Kibeho, Rwanda which you mention as Africa, so the numbers from an already minority are diminished. We may never be told the truth about the extent of the slaughter under ISIS. And the number was much more like 750,000 Christians slaughtered in Africa. Watch the film, Hotel Rwanda, it is a movie about the horror which took place there. And the UN peacekeepers standing back, watching and letting it happen.

What worries me is we have never been told the early Christians, gave all their collections to those who were slaughtering them, neither did they wash the feet of those who wanted to slaughter them; neither did they give shelter with tea and sympathy to those who persecuted and slaughtered them. They reached out and preached the Good News to all, and gave shelter and assistance to other Christians first.
    Where has it ever been recorded "See how they love the persecuters" No. It is recorded, "See how they loved one another." That was what brought about a lot of conversions, I believe.

Why does it feel like we have become the Church of nice, who forgive and reward the wrongdoer, and ask one another to accept all this spiritual warfare lying down without putting up a fight for freedom. Sorry about the little rant. Hope that clarifies my previous post. Blessings. :)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  3. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Crewdog,

You just want a general in your retirement to lead the troops. Maybe a Holy Father named Patton without the booze and woman. A kick ass, no-nonsense General to lead the troops. It would be interesting but that would cause the division much sooner. I don't think we will see that guy in our lifetime...but it sure would be interesting.

All warriors are always waiting for that one last battle :) you just happened to join the greatest battle. Purely spiritual but just as exciting. Yes, Our Holy Father says some doozies but you do have the right attitude.

Brother al

CrewDog likes this.
  4. Dolours

Dolours Guest

I based my post on what Pope Francis said. He said that it wasn't his idea to bring back any refugees but that he acceded to a request made via one of his fixers. He said that the Muslims were chosen by someone else because they already had clearance to live in Italy and that there were two Christian families in the camp who didn't have clearance. The Holy Father didn't pluck three Muslim families at random. They were chosen in advance and not by him. This was a political move.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016
    SgCatholic likes this.
  5. Sam

Sam Powers

Jesus washed the feet of Judas Iscariot

padraig likes this.
  6. padraig

padraig Powers

Yes, Jesus and Our Lady went to loads of trouble over Judas. Even though I suppose they had the end of things figured out. But they tried to give him every chance.

7. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

Bro Al,

I have no doubt The Lord will send us The Right Leader for The Job! I also have no doubt that Folks in the West who think "It Can't Happen Here" are in for a very big-n-unpleasant surprize ... and I'm gettin' too old for this ****!!!

Lord, Take away this Cup and Save All Here! AMEN!!

8. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Not only did Jesus wash the feet of Judas, it was one of the most heart wrenching moments in the passion of our Lord according to Luisa Piccarreta's 24 hours of passion. Here is the account of him washing Judas' feet: http://www.asylcity.com/hours_of_passion.pdf
    "But, sweet Love of mine, as You continue to wash the feet of the Apostles, I see that You are now at Judas’ feet. I hear your
    labored breath. I see that You not only cry, but sob, and as You wash those feet, You kiss them, You press them to your Heart; and unable to speak with your voice because it is suffocated by crying, You look at him with eyes swollen with tears, and say to him with your Heart: “My child, O please, I beg you with the voices of my tears - do not go to hell! Give Me your soul, which I ask of you, prostrate at your feet. Tell Me, what do you want? What do you demand? I will give you everything, provided that
    you do not lose yourself. O please, spare this sorrow to Me, your God!” And again, You press those feet to your Heart. But in seeing the hardness of Judas, your Heart is cornered; your Heart suffocates You, and You are about to faint. My Heart and my Life, allow me to sustain You in my arms. I understand that these are your loving stratagems, which You use with each obstinate sinner".

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016