1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

A Lutheran Take

Discussion in 'Positive Critique' started by padraig, Dec 25, 2017.

1. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

Love this song and listen to it a lot, but she actually wrote the song about the heroin overdose of a friend. It is a beautiful song as is her voice!

2. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Powerful testimony. Thanks, Fatima, for posting it.

I think that's the same Joseph Sciambra who has some youtube videos pointing out the false (or mixed depending on your point of view) messages being sent out by Fr. James Martin. A brave man, he has some very powerful opponents not least among some of our clergy who should be supporting him. I have a vague memory of reading that his home was burned down in the California wildfires earlier this year and only a chapel or shrine he had built was left standing. If it is the same man, he was very worried about his father because they seem to have lost everything. I think there may have been a gofundme appeal to help him rebuild.

josephite and Fatima like this.
  3. Byron

Byron Archangels

"It takes great deal of courage to see the world in all its tainted glory, and still to love it." Oscar Wilde

Fatima likes this.
  4. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

Yes, on Facebook he said his dad passed away (last week or two) and was asking for prayers for him. He did lose everything in the fires. He was living with his parents and it was the Chapel his dad built that survived the fire.

Dolours likes this.
  5. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I found the webpage where he described their evacuation during the fire: https://www.fundingmorality.com/jsciambra

May God rest his father's soul, and may Joe be blessed to continue his good work.