1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

A Dream of Rome.

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by padraig, Dec 28, 2017.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

I was passing a Church on a bus the other day and the sudden thought came to my mind,

'You are going to die!'

The thought was so sudden and so fierce it filled me with a kind of inner terror. Like this was news. For of course we all know at some level we are going to die. But at an other level I think we all think we are going to live for ever as of course we are not. We are, all of us sooner or later going to die. Ther eis just no getting away tih it.

You see this with people in palliative care so well. They are told they going to die in a few weeks or months but it takes the longest, longest time for it to sink all the way in. In Catholic Spirituality they used to always underline this fact so that people kept their feet on the ground be recalling their own mortality. So , for instance we see pictures of saints with a skull beside them to remind them of their mortality. Inf act it was quite common for religious to keep a skull in their cells. as a momento mori. No more if people did this now they would probably be carried off to the funny farm.

But of course we still have a lot of this in our traditional prayers. In the Hail Mary for instance we ask Our Lady to,

'Pray for us not and at the hour of our death'.

..and we also pray , 'Jesus, Mary and Joseph , I give you my heart and my soul. Jesus , Mary Joseph help me in my Last Agony...may I breath forth my soul in peace with you.'

I think these little reminder of death we get are like the brushes of angels wings reminding us. Keeping our feet on the ground is no bad thing.

For instance in prayer a few weeks back I saw a procession of saints go past and I recognised some of them as they walked past. My heart was filled with huge joy as they walked along big and golden with light. But suddenly my heart was filled with a sudden terror. had they come to bring me home?

I laughed afterwards . As people of prayer our lamps are supposed to be filled and we should always be awake and ready for the coming Bridegroom. But clearly I was not.

Not one little bit. It reminded me that for myself at least life is sweet. My lamp is not altogether filled nor am I altogether ready. :D:D:D

[​IMG]

Carol55 and josephite like this.
  2. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Padraig, The Church is ok with cremation now, correct? I go back and forth about this but after watching the video maybe cremation is best.

padraig likes this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

:)Apparently that place in Bohemia is very popular with the Heavy Metallers. It was a Heavy Metaller told me about it. :)

The Church with cremation now, although to my surprise I think many Traditionalists are not, harking back to pre Vatican 2 thinking.

Carol55 likes this.
  4. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Cremation is permitted but scattering the ashes is not.

Seagrace, Carol55 and sterph like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

I had a dream the night before last that I walking through the streets of Rome with a rather stout very talkative priest in an old fashioned soutane from many , years ago who was very talkative and knowledgeable about Rome , the Vatican and all the going son there. I asked him many, many questions and the more answers he gave me the more my heart sank. I forget the substance of all he said to me but the bottom line , looking back to it is that I am more convinced than ever that only God can save the Church by Divine Intervention. If we had the wisest holiest Pope of series of Popes in history even they could not turn things round now. That something is broken deep down inside so badly that only the Holy Spirit can fix it. I note that one of the visionaries at Medugorje recently referred to the Triumph of Mary and said that Our Lady had said tha priests would be the bridge for this happening.

CF

https://mysticpost.com/2017/12/medj...-bridge-coming-triumph-immaculate-heart-mary/

(By the way did you know that Our Lady has recently supposed to have said that, 'Life teams on other planets to Maria Valtorta? Quite extraordinary, I have no idea what to make of that one)

https://mysticpost.com/2017/12/disc...ut-universe-lives-upon-lives-teeming-million/

I would be cautious of Maria Valtorta , I think

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017