1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

A Blessed Christmas to All

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Mario, Dec 23, 2017.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

I am working at nights over Christmas on my own at the hospital with plenty of time to think and pray as I work.

The thought kept coming to me was what a disaster my Advent was this year. No tree spiritual preparations at all really. I have my excuses all to hand, I was changing from the day to the night shift at work and that threw me . I was decorating my appartment. It crept up on me when I was not looking and so on. :) A million good excuses which are not really so good at all. In fact I was looking at an old film of , 'The Christmas Carol' and I thought I could catcd glimpses of myself in Ebenzer Scrooge saying , 'Bah Humbug' about Christmas. :D:D

So kinda desperate the last while I have simply been saying , 'Happy Birthday!' to the child Jesus and thinking to myself , 'Well I come with empty hands but this little prayer to the baby God is all I have.

Then last night as I was walking the hospital grounds looking at the stars I said, 'happy birthday Jesus!' one more time and it suddenly came home to me it really is a happy birthday. For that day 2,000 years ago shook the whole world forever. Now at this season the light and love of that birthday still shakes all creation. The stars still dance, heart still sing. the wheel world turns into a joyous barn dance and all because to that little tiny baby.

..and it comes to me now that this is my best, most grace filled Christmas ever. Not because of what I brought to Him but because of the great, great graces he is bringing to me this year. I had empty hands , yes, but His hands were full and He is filling my heart with them.

It reminds me for the millionth time, it was never about what I did for Him, for I am so very,very poor and small, it is all about what that little baby did for me..and still does.

So happy Birthday baby Jesus..and thank you.

[​IMG]

Byron, josephite, sterph and 4 others like this.
  2. CrewDog

CrewDog Principalities

I've always liked Bach's "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring". The Celtic Ladies do a good job!

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

Jesus is born.jpg

AED, josephite and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  3. Behold Your King

ifant.jpg

Happy Christmas everyone ...

Pray4peace, AED, josephite and 3 others like this.
  4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Very compelling older portrait of Child Jesus
    Love it

josephite likes this.
  5. sterph

sterph Principalities

Merry Christmas!

CrewDog and josephite like this.
  6. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Praetorian,

When I read your post I wondered if you had dropped all of the prophecies in Birch's book which you directed me to. In addition, I remembered when you directed me to Ven. Bartholemew Holzhauser's 7 ages of the Church and for a moment it appeared that you gave up on all of that. Well, I am glad to see that I misinterpreted your post. We are probably on the verge of beginning the 6th age of the Church according to what Ven. Holzhauser prophesized.

I hope that everyone had a Blessed Christmas.

AED and Praetorian like this.
  7. CrewDog

CrewDog Principalities

4.gif
    Merry Second Day of Christmas and Feast of Stephen! .... when Good King Wenceslas Looked-Out.

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

Baby Jesus.gif

CathyG, Dolours, AED and 3 others like this.
  8. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Yep. To the best of my understanding we are on the verge of the 6th age. The antichrist and all of that should come much later. Of course any of us here could be wrong :)

Mary's child, AED and Carol55 like this.