1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

2017 Predictions

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Heidi, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Here is a sample of the thread I mentioned........

Mark,
    Ultimately, the problem here is that you do not agree with the popes who rule out the theological notion that the earth as it is today or tomorrow can never bring the conditions of a just and peaceful life... If you truly want to be under Peter's authority then eventually you will. Submit to his teaching authority and just let go of the millennial fantasies.

Bill,
    I'm sorry, but you seem to have come down with a terrible case of selective reading, because we have time and again, using the words of the Church, contradicted your own mysterious conclusion.

I'm going to be blunt: there's a big problem here. And that's because there is a veritable wave of approved and credible prophecy in the Church today that speaks clearly of a time of trials, tribulations, and antichrist followed by an Era of Peace before the last upheaval. A simple child can see that this is clearly enunciated in Rev 19-20. The mental gymnastics and spiritual acrobatics going on here in order to "re-interpret" the plain text of Revelation not only departs from the unanimous voice of the Early Church, but contradicts what bishops around the world are approving in these prophetic revelations and that the Popes are stating unambiguously. In that regard, there is a deadly silence from the opponents of the Era of Peace, because they are being forced to declare the Church Fathers heretics, and all these visionaries and seers, some on the road to canonization, as "false prophets." Moreover, they find themselves contradicting, distorting, and reinterpreting the Popes themselves in order to fit their subjective theories. You are suggesting that this Era of Peace is a departure from the authority of the Holy See. But as I read the Popes themselves, I wonder who exactly is fantasizing? I'm not going to sit here and patronize my brothers and sisters in Christ by explaining what the following quotations from the Chair of Peter mean; anyone who cannot read the clear meaning should log off, sit before the Blessed Sacrament, and begin to pray for wisdom in the face of this prophetic consensus that affirms Sacred Tradition and Scripture. Because time is so short, we should be shuddering...

I've fielded a lot of questions this past week. But in truth, it is those who reject the dual voice of God in prophecy and the Magisterium who have to explain themselves:

The mission of Christ the Redeemer, which is entrusted to the Church, is still very far from completion. As the second millennium after Christ’s coming draws to an end, an overall view of the human race shows that this mission is still only beginning and that we must commit ourselves wholeheartedly to its service. —POPE JOHN PAUL II, Redemptoris Mission, n. 1

There are regions of the world that are still awaiting a first evangelization; others that have received it, but need a deeper intervention; yet others in which the Gospel put down roots a long time ago, giving rise to a true Christian tradition but in which, in recent centuries—with complex dynamics—the secularization process has produced a serious crisis of the meaning of the Christian faith and of belonging to the Church. —POPE BENEDICT XVI, First Vespers of the Solemnity of Sts. Peter and Paul, June 28th, 2010

Empowered by the Spirit, and drawing upon faith’s rich vision, a new generation of Christians is being called to help build a world in which God’s gift of life is welcomed, respected and cherished—not rejected, feared as a threat, and destroyed. A new age in which love is not greedy or self-seeking, but pure, faithful and genuinely free, open to others, respectful of their dignity, seeking their good, radiating joy and beauty. A new age in which hope liberates us from the shallowness, apathy, and self-absorption which deaden our souls and poison our relationships. Dear young friends, the Lord is asking you to be prophets of this new age… —POPE BENEDICT XVI, Homily, World Youth Day, Sydney, Australia, July 20th, 2008

Oh! when in every city and village the law of the Lord is faithfully observed, when respect is shown for sacred things, when the Sacraments are frequented, and the ordinances of Christian life fulfilled, there will certainly be no more need for us to labor further to see all things restored in Christ… And then? Then, at last, it will be clear to all that the Church, such as it was instituted by Christ, must enjoy full and entire liberty and independence from all foreign dominion… All this, Venerable Brethren, We believe and expect with unshakable faith. —POPE PIUS X, E Supremi, Encyclical “On the Restoration of All Things”, n.14, 6-7

The Catholic Church, which is the kingdom of Christ on earth, [is] destined to be spread among all men and all nations… —POPE PIUS XI, Quas Primas, Encyclical, n. 12, Dec. 11th, 1925; cf. Matt 24:14

When it does arrive, it will turn out to be a solemn hour, one big with consequences not only for the restoration of the Kingdom of Christ, but for the pacification of… the world. We pray most fervently, and ask others likewise to pray for this much-desired pacification of society. —POPE PIUS XI, Ubi Arcani dei Consilioi “On the Peace of Christ in his Kingdom”, December 23, 1922

But even this night in the world shows clear signs of a dawn that will come, of a new day receiving the kiss of a new and more resplendent sun… A new resurrection of Jesus is necessary: a true resurrection, which admits no more lordship of death… In individuals, Christ must destroy the night of mortal sin with the dawn of grace regained. In families, the night of indifference and coolness must give way to the sun of love. In factories, in cities, in nations, in lands of misunderstanding and hatred the night must grow bright as the day, nox sicut dies illuminabitur, and strife will cease and there will be peace. Come Lord Jesus.... make our night as bright as the day... reign in [our] hearts... There are numerous signs that Thy return is not far off. —Pope Pius XII in his Urbi et Orbi, The Tablet, April 27th, 1957 as cited in Heralds of the Second Coming, p. 218-219

These African martyrs herald the dawn of a new age. If only the mind of man might be directed not toward persecutions and religious conflicts but toward a rebirth of Christianity and civilization!Liturgy of the Hours, Vol. III, p. 1453, Memorial of Charles Lwanga and Companions

May there dawn for everyone the time of peace and freedom, the time of truth, of justice and of hope. —POPE JOHN PAUL II, Radio message, Vatican City, 1981

With a heart trustfully open to this vision of hope, I implore from the Lord an abundance of the Spirit’s gifts for the whole Church, so that the “springtime” of the Second Vatican Council can find in the new millennium its “summertime,” that is to say its full development. —POPE JOHN PAUL II, L’Osservatore Romano, English Edition, February 25th, 1998

The task of humble Pope John is to “prepare for the Lord a perfect people,” which is exactly like the task of the Baptist, who is his patron and from whom he takes his name. And it is not possible to imagine a higher and more precious perfection than that of the triumph of Christian peace, which is peace at heart, peace in the social order, in life, in well-being, in mutual respect, and in the brotherhood of nations.—POPE JOHN XXIII, True Christian Peace, December 23rd, 1959; www.catholicculture.org

The Church will be reduced in its dimensions, it will be necessary to start again. However, from this test a Church would emerge that will have been strengthened by the process of simplification it experienced, by its renewed capacity to look within itself… the Church will be numerically reduced. —Cardinal Ratzinger (POPE BENEDICT XVI), God and the World, 2001; Interview with Peter Seewald

2. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Just using logic and the words of the Mother.....the Consecration of Russia to bring about this period of peace would also end the influence of the Red Dragon or Atheistic Communism. IOW with that she would be fulfilling the promise of crushing the Serpent's head (with our help). That accomplishment would achieve the removal of Satan for that 1000 years where the world would have been renewed by the Holy Spirit and the fulfillment of the Our Father or living, finally, in the Divine Will as always intended by the Father from the beginning. Her Immaculate Heart contains everything intended by the Father. What comes forth from there is intended for the world and the entire universe within the mind of the Father. The "privilege" of crushing the head of the one who disturbed the Will of the Father in the beginning is granted to her, as the New Eve, in order to assist the Holy Spirit in His renewal of the face of the earth with our "re-creation" personally. To gain all of that and to fulfill the Divine Will in order to once again live in that Divine Will we (and the Church) have to do our part and fulfill what the Father requested of us through this Woman Clothed with the Sun.

Everything that is happening now, and the response of the Father to our prayers is through Her persistent intercession until His Justice completely takes over the time of Mercy. We are actually living that gradual influence of Justice upon the earth or "Justice kissing Mercy" and once the Warning occurs there will be no more Mercy since everyone will have the Truth. So, even in order to have a cessation of wars only, everything must come through the place necessary for that atmosphere, her Immaculate Heart (united with Her Son's). But unless there is the purification of everything and the renewal of minds and hearts and spirits the wars within the human spirit which bring on all other outward displays of same, nothing would, in reality, change. IOW, one is not possible without the other.

So the accomplishment of giving everything over to her Immaculate Heart, the only refuge, and seeing that all coming change is to be recognized as coming only through her privileges and her rightful place granted by the Trinity is much greater than only the outward abolishment of arms for some period. We have seen that such graces have already been given sporadically after prior incomplete consecrations by several Popes in history but only as symbols of what a much greater gift is to be given once her requests are TRULY met! Therefore we must still be praying for this proper Consecration and for the conversion of Russia to bring this about. It is promised to finally be done but that it will be (foreboding prophecy) LATE! Could that mean late within these 100 years....or LATE into the purification that will then have to come about? For IF her requests are not carried out it IS promised that horrific things WILL take place which, I fear, we are just beginning to witness in various parts of the world, only to perhaps grow in kind UNTIL men finally turn back to her Son!

AED and Fatima like this.
  3. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    djmoforegon likes this.
  4. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Spot on. Excellent.

5. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Mario, It is possible that I did not make my post clear because I think that Mark Mallett has expressed the exact same thing on his blog,

It is important to note that the Church very quickly rejected a heresy known as “millenarianism” in which some began to interpret St. John’s vision as Christ returning to physically reign on earth amidst carnal banquets and festivities. However, to this day, the Church rejects such notions as false: [3]see Millenarianism—What it is and is Not

The Antichrist’s deception already begins to take shape in the world every time the claim is made to realize within history that messianic hope which can only be realized beyond history through the eschatological judgment. The Church has rejected even modified forms of this falsification of the kingdom to come under the name of millenarianism, especially the “intrinsically perverse” political form of a secular messianism. —Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC), n.676

What the Church has not rejected is the building up of a “civilization of love” that extends to the ends of the earth, sustained and nurtured by the Sacramental Presence of Jesus: ...

The rest is found here, https://www.markmallett.com/blog/2017/02/18/creation-reborn/

I am not stating that there will not be an era of peace, I am stating that it will not occur after the Second Coming. I was trying to give GSWYL some leeway, in saying that maybe they are referring to the New Heaven and the New Earth as an era of peace but I should have come right out and stated that this sounds like millenarianism which is heresy.

I apologize for any confusion, I believe that there will be an Era of Peace but according to church teaching it will be before the Second Coming.

josephite and Dolours like this.
  6. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Fatima,
    I don't believe that any of the above quotes state that an era of peace will occur after the Second Coming, this is the issue that I have with what GSWYL appeared to have stated. I don't believe that I disagree with Mark Mallett at all on this point from what he states in his blog. The era of peace which is spoken of at Fatima will occur before the reign of the Antichrist, more then likely during the 6th age of the church according to Ven. Holzhauser. How long that era of peace will be, no one knows, I believe that is up to mankind.

7. Fatima

Fatima Powers

I don't disagree with it taking place before the AC at all. In fact the era of peace that Fatima speaks about, one would think, will be separate from the 1000 year one (which Mark Mallett and others speak of) that is to come after the Second Coming of Christ, so that Mary is given the recognition and glory that the Holy Trinity desires for this period.

8. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

https://www.markmallett.com/blog/2017/02/18/creation-reborn/
    I don't agree that Mark Mallett and others who are Catholic speak of a period of peace consisting of 1000 years after the Second Coming of Christ. Mark includes, As St. Justin Martyr said, “we understand that a period of one thousand years is indicated in symbolic language,”.

In addition, Mark briefly touches on the time after the Second Coming which he states,
    For neither the New nor the Old Testament speak of the end of the world after the influence and reign of the “beast.” ...

I prefer not to use the terminology the end of the world but the church does use this terminology in our catechism.

680 Christ the Lord already reigns through the Church, but all the things of this world are not yet subjected to him. the triumph of Christ's kingdom will not come about without one last assault by the powers of evil.

681 On Judgement Day at the end of the world, Christ will come in glory to achieve the definitive triumph of good over evil which, like the wheat and the tares, have grown up together in the course of history.

682 When he comes at the end of time to judge the living and the dead, the glorious Christ will reveal the secret disposition of hearts and will render to each man according to his works, and according to his acceptance or refusal of grace.

So looking at #680 above, it is expressly stated in our catechism that Christ already reigns through the Church, Mark Mallett has stated this also, he refers to it as the Sacramental Presence of Jesus.

If Mark Mallett is not referring to the glory of the kingdom when he speaks of a divine renovation of the earth, after the influence and reign of the “beast." than I do not agree with him. I refer to this as the New Heaven and the New Earth as stated in Revelation 21, not as a period of peace.

677 The Church will enter the glory of the kingdom only through this final Passover, when she will follow her Lord in his death and Resurrection.578 The kingdom will be fulfilled, then, not by a historic triumph of the Church through a progressive ascendancy, but only by God's victory over the final unleashing of evil, which will cause his Bride to come down from heaven.579 God's triumph over the revolt of evil will take the form of the Last Judgement after the final cosmic upheaval of this passing world.580

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P1X.HTM
    Please read the following from our catechism very carefully, I think it is very critical that we understand this especially in these times:

676 The Antichrist's deception already begins to take shape in the world every time the claim is made to realize within history that messianic hope which can only be realized beyond history through the eschatological judgement. the Church has rejected even modified forms of this falsification of the kingdom to come under the name of millenarianism,576 especially the "intrinsically perverse" political form of a secular messianism.577

9. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

There has been an interchange of the terms "second coming" and "interim coming" (as oft mentioned by the early Church Fathers and various saints, and again sourced out in many Mark Mallett's writings. He uses and explains the terms faithfully and exactly....not any kind of a "heretic"). Of course the "interim coming" is that "coming" of God in the spiritual/mystical sense of His reigning in the New Era via the glorious Eucharistic age of Christ's continual Presence with us, and through His "living hosts" who are those, after the trial of the persecution, who live out the Our Father's intention of "Thy Will being done on earth", living this Will, finally, on earth AS it is in heaven as promised. That is why the Holy Spirit is to "recreate" mankind via this purification as well as "renewing" the face of the earth. IOW, it won't be Kansas anymore!! It is also stated in those foundational sources that, as certain saints, like Faustina (as well as Dina Belanger, Elizabeth of the Trinity as examples) experienced to a point, the graces of the Eucharist will continue from one reception to another so that God does reign completely as He intended from the beginning....up until the time when Satan is again released. It is therefore logical for some to misinterpret this "interim coming" actualized in the New Era as a type of "second coming" since it is another full coming of God to live, in this new way, with His people whom He has always cherished. This kind of Presence of God on earth is NOT therefore the very misunderstood "millenarianism". Many sources to explain this....like Fr. Iannuzzi's good books, oft quoted by Mark Mallett.

sterph likes this.
  10. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Carol, Mark has 10 writings on this period of 1000 years on his web site https://www.markmallett.com/blog/category/daily-journal/
    Mark has 59 writtings on the Era of Peace as well that speaks of this. It is worth reading if one is interested in eschatology.

earthtoangels likes this.
  11. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

I think it is also possible that the Fatima period of peace could have been intended as a gift to spare the world this agony prior to the interim coming of the 1000 year Era that could have been prevented if early on Mary's request, THROUGH THE CHURCH, had been accomplished. She was and is still the one intended through whom the preparation for the 1000 year, after the crushing of the head of Satan by her, could then occur without the degree of tribulation we are seeing instead.....and more souls then could have participated. Instead we have had to require more visitations to urge us on, due to this Church forgetting and dismissing time of the graces of Fatima promised, and these visitations, such as Medjugorje or Garabandal, have been said to "complete" Fatima. So any promised time of peace has been shortened to my estimation...since it is obvious that the explanation of her request coming LATE has left us without her help or the release of all of the graces held in her Immaculate Heart which must be requested by the Church and the faithful. This "peace" period might now be like a blink of the eye before the 1000 year period begins as mandated in the Mind of God as the proper time. But He did wish first that such conversions beforehand would be recognized by the world as only coming through the Woman Clothed with the Sun. Her Fiat was everything for bringing these graces about and yet she is also subject to the intentions held for all eternity within the Mind of God.

12. AED

AED Powers

Earth Angels and Fatima I am not up to speed on the disputes and conflicts here. But it seems that we are approaching the end of "these Catholic times" as Our Lady expressed it at Garabandal. Not the end of all things. Setting dates is always dodgy don't you think. I take comfort in the promises the BVM made at Fatima. We are awaiting the Reign of her Immaculate Heart prophesied even in the time of Mother Maria de Torres de Jesus when she came as Our Lady of Good Success and predicted this reign of terror. Pope Leo XIII also revealed it as given to him in his famous vision. I do know when Christ returns the curtain goes down and the play is over. There will be no "millennium." As I understand it the Church was given 1000 years to flourish and we have had that starting with Constantine and then came the "troubles" which we are still in but Our Lady means to rescue the Church. The Church fathers wrote of this. I think we have "miles to go before we sleep". Just my two cents but very willing to be corrected.

Dolours and Carol55 like this.
  13. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Fatima,
    I have a high regard for Mark Mallett and I have read his blog from time to time, he was even kind enough to answer a view questions that I had directly.

Although you personally have not stated that I called him a heretic and I would like to clarify that I have not called him a heretic but I was repeating what a priest had stated about millenarianism, that it is condemned by the church and to state otherwise is heresy. I provided the homilies from the priest in which he states this. I also provided excerpts from our catechism which proves this to be true. Mark Mallett has used the same excerpts in his blog which I also provided a link to.

In addition, I stated that I believe there will be an era of peace that was foretold by Our Blessed Mother at Fatima but I am uncertain as to how long that era of peace will be and that I truly believe that it is dependent on mankind.

Mark Mallett explains millenarianism well in the following article and also gives insight to the "Era of Peace" foretold by Our Blessed Mother at Fatima:
    https://www.markmallett.com/blog/2013/05/03/millenarianism-what-it-is-and-is-not/

If someone here can explain to me how I disagree with anything stated by Mark Mallett in that article or any other article of his on this subject please do so, my objection was made to GSWYL and the terminology that they used which appeared to refer to the New Heaven and New Earth as an era of peace. I later expanded on this stating that I should have originally stated that this sounds like GSWYL is preaching millenarianism which has been condemned by the church.

14. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Here is the article from Mark Mallett which I provided a link to above.
    Millenarianism — What it is, and is Not (part 1)
    Posted on May 3, 2013April 17, 2017 by Mark
    [​IMG]
    Artist Unknown

I WANT to conclude my thoughts on the “era of peace” based on my letter to Pope Francis in hopes that it will benefit at least some who are fearful of falling into the heresy of Millenarianism.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church states:

The Antichrist’s deception already begins to take shape in the world every time the claim is made to realize within history that messianic hope which can only be realized beyond history through the eschatological judgment. The Church has rejected even modified forms of this falsification of the kingdom to come under the name of millenarianism,577 especially the “intrinsically perverse” political form of a secular messianism.578 —n. 676

I deliberately left in the footnote references above because they are crucial in helping us understand what is meant by “millenarianism”, and secondly, “secular messianism” in the Catechism.

WHAT IT IS…

Footnote 577 is a reference to Denzinger-Schonnmetzer’s work (Enchiridion Symbolorum, definitionum et declarationum de rebus fidei et morum). Denzinger’s work traces the development of doctrine and Dogma in the Catholic Church from its earliest times, and is obviously seen as a credible enough source for the Catechism to quote. The footnote to “millenarianism” leads us to Denzinger’s work, which states:

…the system of mitigated Millenarianism, which teaches, for example, that Christ the Lord before the final judgment, whether or not preceded by the resurrection of the many just, will come visibly to rule over this world. The answer is: The system of mitigated Millenarianism cannot be taught safely. —DS 2269/3839, Decree of the Holy Office, July 21, 1944

Millenarianism, writes Leo J. Trese in The Faith Explained, pertains to those who take Revelation 20:6 literally.

[​IMG]
    St. John, describing a prophetic vision (Rev 20:1-6), says that the devil will be bound and imprisoned for a thousand years, during which the dead will come to life and reign with Christ; at the end of the thousand years the devil will be released and finally vanquished forever, and then will come the second resurrection… Those who do take this passage literally and believe that Jesus will come to reign upon earth for a thousand years before the end of the world are called millenarists. —p. 153-154, Sinag-Tala Publishers, Inc. (with the Nihil Obstat and Imprimatur)

Renowned Catholic theologian, Cardinal Jean Daniélou, also explains that:

Millenarianism, the belief that there will be an earthly reign of the Messiah before the end of time, is the Jewish-Christian doctrine which has aroused and continues to arouse more argument than any other.A History of Early Christian Doctrine, p. 377 (as cited in The Splendor of Creation, p. 198-199, Rev. Joseph Iannuzzi)

He adds, “The reason for this, however, is probably a failure to distinguish between the various elements of doctrine,” —which is what we are doing here.

So in summary, Millenarianism in its root form was the belief that Jesus would return in the flesh to earth and reign for a literal thousand years before the end of time, an error initiated primarily by the first Jewish converts. There came from this heresy several offshoots such as the “carnal millenarians” whom St. Augustine identified as those who believe that…

…those who then rise again shall enjoy the leisure of immoderate carnal banquets, furnished with an amount of meat and drink such as not only to shock the feeling of the temperate, but even to surpass the measure of credulity…. They who believe them are called by the spiritual Chiliasts, which we may reproduce by the name of Millenarians…” (from De Civitate Dei, Book 10, Ch. 7

From this form of Millenarianism came the offshoots of modified, mitigated and spiritual Millenarianism under various sects whereby the carnal indulgences were excluded and yet some form of Christ returning to earth to reign and establish a definitive kingdom was still held. In all these forms, the Church has explicitly, once and for all, defined that this “system of mitigated Millenarianism cannot be taught safely.” The return of Jesus in glory and definitive establishment of the Kingdom will only occur at the end of time.
    [​IMG]

On Judgment Day at the end of the world, Christ will come in glory to achieve the definitive triumph of good over evil which, like the wheat and the tares, have grown up together in the course of history.Catechism of the Catholic Church, n. 681

Footnote 578 brings us to the document Divini Redemptoris, Pope Pius XI’s Encyclical against Atheistic Communism. While the millenarians held to some form of a utopian earthly-spiritual kingdom, secular messianists hold to a utopian political kingdom.

The Communism of today, more emphatically than similar movements in the past, conceals in itself a false messianic idea. —POPE PIUS XI, Divini Redemptoris, n. 8, www.vatican.va

15. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Millenarianism — What it is, and is Not (part 2)
    Posted on May 3, 2013April 17, 2017 by Mark
    …WHAT IT’S NOT

St. Augustine clarified that, were it not for the Chiliasts’ beliefs attached to the millenium, that a period of peace or “sabbath rest” is indeed a valid interpretation of Revelation 20. This is what the Church Fathers taught and was confirmed again by the Church’s Theological Commission in 1952. [1]Inasmuch as the cited work bears the Church’s seals of approval, i.e., the imprimatur and the nihil obstat, it is an exercise of the Magisterium. When an individual bishop grants the Church’s official imprimatur, and neither the Pope nor the body of bishops oppose the conferral of this seal, it is an exercise of the ordinary Magisterium.

…as if it were a fit thing that the saints should thus enjoy a kind of Sabbath-rest during that period [of a “thousand years”], a holy leisure after the labors of six thousand years since man was created… [and] there should follow on the completion of six thousand years, as of six days, a kind of seventh-day Sabbath in the succeeding thousand years… And this opinion would not be objectionable, if it were believed that the joys of the saints, in that Sabbath, shall be spiritual, and consequent on the presence of God… —St. Augustine of Hippo (354-430 A.D.; Church Doctor), De Civitate Dei, Bk. XX, Ch. 7, Catholic University of America Presss
    [​IMG]

Such an occurrence is not excluded, is not impossible, it is not all certain that there will not be a prolonged period of triumphant Christianity before the end… If before that final end there is to be a period, more or less prolonged, of triumphant sanctity, such a result will be brought about not by the apparition of the person of Christ in Majesty but by the operation of those powers of sanctification which are now at work, the Holy Ghost and the Sacraments of the Church.The Teaching of the Catholic Church: A Summary of Catholic Doctrine, London Burns Oates & Washbourne, p. 1140, from the Theological Commission of 1952, which is a Magisterial document.

Revelation 20 therefore should not be interpreted as a literal return of Christ in the flesh for a literal thousand years.

…millenarianism is that thought which stems from a too literal, incorrect, and faulty interpretation of Chapter 20 of the Book of Revelation…. This can only be understood in a spiritual sense.Catholic Encyclopedia Revised, Thomas Nelson, p. 387

It is precisely this definition of an “era of peace” that the Church has nowhere condemned in any document, and in fact, has affirmed that it is a certain possibility.

Yes, a miracle was promised at Fatima, the greatest miracle in the history of the world, second only to the Resurrection. And that miracle will be an era of peace which has never really been granted before to the world.
    [​IMG]
    —Mario Luigi Cardinal Ciappi, October 9th, 1994; he also gave his stamp of approval in a separate letter officially recognizing the Family Catechism “as a sure source for authentic Catholic doctrine” (Sept. 9th, 1993); p. 35

Think of the heresy of Millenarianism as an olive tree and mitigated or modified Millenarianism as a pruned olive tree. The “era of peace” is actually a different tree all together. The problem is that these trees have grown side by side throughout the centuries, and poor theology, bad scholarship, and faulty assumptions [2]see How the Era was Lost have assumed that the branches crossing over from one tree to the other are actually the same tree. The crossover point shares only one thing in common: Rev 20:6. Otherwise, they are different trees altogether as much as the Protestant interpretation of the Eucharist is different from Catholic Tradition.

Thus, it is in this spiritual sense that the papal quotes I have used in previous writings can be understood, which explicitly refer to the hope and expectation of a period of peace and justice in the temporal realm (see What If…?). It is the reign of the Kingdom of God in the Church extending over the whole world, subsequent upon the power of the Holy Spirit and the Sacraments.

The Catholic Church, which is the kingdom of Christ on earth, [is] destined to be spread among all men and all nations… —POPE PIUS XI, Quas Primas, Encyclical, n. 12, Dec. 11th, 1925; cf. Matt 24:14

THE MAGISTERIUM’S POSITION

As mentioned, the theological Commission in 1952 that produced The Teachings of the Catholic Church: A Summary of Catholic Doctrine affirmed that an Era of Peace ‘is not impossible, it is not all certain that there will not be a prolonged period of triumphant Christianity before the end.’

This open position was later confirmed by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Padre Martino Penasa spoke to Msgr. S. Garofalo (Consultant to the Congregation for the Cause of Saints) on the scriptural foundation of an historic and universal era of peace, as opposed to millenarianism. Msgr. suggested that the matter be posed directly to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Fr. Martino thus posed the question: “È imminente una nuova era di vita cristiana?” (“Is a new era of Christian life imminent?”). The Prefect at that time, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger replied, “La questione è ancora aperta alla libera discussione, giacchè la Santa Sede non si è ancora pronunciata in modo definitivo”:

The question is still open to free discussion, as the Holy See has not made any definitive pronouncement in this regard. —Il Segno del Soprannauturale, Udine, Italia, n. 30, p. 10, Ott. 1990; Fr. Martino Penasa presented this question of a “millenary reign” to Cardinal Ratzinger

FOOTNOTE: HOW LONG?

People have asked if the “thousand year” era of peace is a literal thousand years or not. The Church Fathers were clear on this:

Now… we understand that a period of one thousand years is indicated in symbolic language. —St. Justin Martyr, Dialogue with Trypho, Ch. 81, The Fathers of the Church, Christian Heritage

Cardinal Jean Daniélou, expounding upon the Scriptural references of an era of peace, stated:

It implies a period of time, the duration of which is unknown to men… The essential affirmation is of an intermediate stage in which the risen saints are still on earth and have not yet entered their final stage, for this is one of the aspects of the mystery of the last days which has yet to be revealed.A History of Early Christian Doctrine, p. 377-378 (as cited in The Splendor of Creation, p. 198-199, Rev. Joseph Iannuzzi

St. Thomas Aquinas explained:

As Augustine says, the last age of the world corresponds to the last stage of a man’s life, which does not last for a fixed number of years as the other stages do, but lasts sometimes as long as the others together, and even longer. Wherefore the last age of the world cannot be assigned a fixed number of years or generations. —St. Thomas Aquinas, Quaestiones Disputate, Vol. II De Potentia, Q. 5, n.5; www.dhspriory.org

Thus, the “thousand years” should be understood symbolically. What is certain is that the “period of peace” prophesied by Our Lady, the “new age” spoken of by Pope Benedict, and the “third millenium” of unity anticipated by John Paul II are not to be understood as some kind of utopia on earth whereby sin and death are forever vanquished (or that Christ reigns on earth in His risen flesh!). Rather, they are to be understood as the fulfillment of Our Lord’s commission to bring the Gospel to the ends of the earth [3]cf. Matt 24:14; Isa 11:9 and the preparation of the Church to receive Him in glory. [4]cf.Dear Holy Father… He is Coming! The ecclesiastically approved mystics of the 20th century tell us that it will be a period of unparalleled sanctity in the Church and a triumph of God’s mercy in the world:
    [​IMG]

…the efforts of Satan and of evil men are shattered and come to naught. In spite of Satan’s anger, the Divine Mercy will triumph over the whole world and will be worshiped by all souls.Divine Mercy in My Soul, Diary of St. Faustina, n. 1789

This devotion was the last effort of His love that He would grant to men in these latter ages, in order to withdraw them from the empire of Satan which He desired to destroy, and thus to introduce them into the sweet liberty of the rule of His love, which He wished to restore in the hearts of all those who should embrace this devotion. —St. Margaret Mary, www.sacredheartdevotion.com

16. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about...and too lazy to read all posts. Can someone give brief synopsis.

Thanks
    Brother Al

Denise P likes this.
  17. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

AED,
    I absolutely agree that we are approaching "the end of times" which Our Lady had expressed at Garabandal. I am not certain that any of us are setting dates but I know that I am definitely wondering if the Woman Clothed With The Sun sign, also referred to as the Revelation 12 sign, that many believe is occurring on 9/23/17 is pointing to something, possibly a sign that The Warning will be occurring some time close to that date, maybe within a few months? I have stated this on the forum recently. Maybe we are watchmen rather than date setters?:)

I also believe that this discussion about what the church teaches on millenarianism has been a good and an important discussion for us to have. I hope that everyone here believes that I am only looking for the truth and I encourage others to do the same. Fatima and a few other members have recently discussed how they have felt that we have all been brought together on MOG for some purpose, I think that this may be the purpose - to help guide each other on what the correct teachings of the church are. I believe that this is especially important in regards to this teaching given the times that we are in. We may not ever agree on every detail which is fine but I am standing firm on this teaching of the church Catechism of the Catholic Church, n. 676 or any other part of the CCC but this one especially because I was not even aware of this teaching, I read the Book of Revelation and I took it in a literal sense which I think is easy to do. I believe that it is critical to understand this correctly.(y)

AED likes this.
  18. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

The mentioning of "heretic" here was to this reasoning in a prior comment to Mark's defense: According to this position, Mark Mallet is a heretic because I'm pretty sure he believes the final rebellion is subsequent to that of the AntiChrist. For Mark, the brief reign of the Man of Lawlessness is prior to the "thousand years."

I was just giving the reasoning, in general, why such an idea could not be related to Mark. I wasn't referring to anyone other than the one who took this position in the comments, no other even if the reply was to another commenter that generalization was not pointedly directed and even then not personally but only to the idea of such with a seeming misunderstanding of Mark's writings that are very helpful in grasping the difference in the referencing of "second coming" and "interim coming".

19. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Please, I urge you to read the article from Mark which I posted and you will understand what Mark's view is

Or please provide proof in the form of a particular article from him which proves what you have stated above.

20. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Too many misunderstandings to do so. Also when people reference what they believe that the Church has spoken to in a limited matter....the Second Coming, there are so many deeper explanations of skipped over other references to the interim coming also referenced as a type of second coming within the complete references made by the Church. That is what is confusing in the timing of each. If you want to concentrate only on the Second Coming as other than the Divine Presence on earth within the Eucharistic Age/Age of living in the Divine Will, then comments to read are only those that focus solely on that event before the final judgement....not what is coming at the end of this age of disobedience since the sin of the original garden. Many prophecies of today speak to a personal AC who is presently behind the scenes awaiting for the time when the destruction and chaos will set the stage for him to appear and be accepted as one who will promise a human solution to the mess but only if those in need are willing to give up their own free wills to him. On that decision will be the selection of those who will be worthy to enter into this next age of fulfilling the promise in the Our Father of His Will being done on earth (for a period of time) as it is in heaven. This next age of the Divine Will was given to the Little Daughter of the Divine Will, Luisa Piccaretta, in her writings, to explain in preparation of souls for such a time and how one must be transformed himself as well as the corrupted world must be completely renewed in order for it to come to be. Most people have some idea that after the persecutions it will simply be something like what has occurred in other times of history with the believers.....come together and kind of pull things together to begin again or give it another try at perfection. What is to come is not by human will but must be surrendered to in even the not knowing or imagining of what it will be like.....there has to be a "fusion" with the Divine Will, becoming, as the term used with St. Faustina, "living hosts". What a privilege!