1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

2016 Presidential Election Thread

Discussion in 'The Spirit of the USA' started by Richard67, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Dolours

Dolours Powers

The tide going out won't stop them trying. They will find (or plant) a story to validate their attempts to broaden laws against incitement to hatred. I wouldn't be too complacent about the US where all it will take is an amendment to the Constitution supported by a majority of the electorate (the popular vote). All they have to do is add the pizzagate nonsense to the IS propaganda and sell it to a nervous electorate while spinning it as being in the interests of public safety and they will get enough support from both sides of the aisle in the Congress to "let the people decide". It might not happen during Trump's presidency but that would depend on how secure he feels.

2. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod

3. Byron

Byron Angels

Not a chance. Unless a comet hits D.C., we will see a Trump presidency.

4. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

But 'the people' are beginning to not do what they're told. Everything short of apocalypse was thrown at them during the Brexit and Trump campaigns, yet they didn't pay any attention to the almost universal official narrative. I got the impression that the more it was driven down their throats the more they disbelieved. The bizarre MP murder didn't sway the British, although I thought at the time it would be fatal. That shows how solid this shift of perspective is.

The elected elites are going to have to rig the elections to remain in power.

little me likes this.
  5. DonnaS

DonnaS Guest

well said Delours....the alternative news networks have done a better job of delivering news in the US than the main stream media which is a paid liberal rag throughout the US...the Russian hacking story is Obama's desperate attempt to incite the liberal element in the country to prevent Trump from being inaugurated.
    Although there are many wonderful hard working people within the alphabet agencies, their leaders are puppets. Look at the handling of Hilary's emails and the accusation of wrong doing with no further investigation or punishment. That was a deal breaker with half of the US citizens watching with their mouths wide open....the only gasp was...."they are all in this together"......

Trump may have his bad points, but what he brings to people like me is a freshness. A move away from the good ole boys of DC to say, we are going to drain the swamp. The liberals are terrified of Putin. He is Christian and they HATE that. We need to pray for all leadership through out the world but especially those who are willing to step up and say abortion is wrong, same sex marriage is wrong and we have to get a handle on Iran, Iraq and Syria so their people can live in peace and stop running to the west in droves in fear of their lives.

6. BrianK

7. CrewDog

CrewDog Powers

I CARE!! I want Billary incarcerated at Ft Leavenworth. I want them in a double cell filled with lots of heavy ashtrays and lampstands .... and a new wing built just to hold their evil pals!! I can only hope that a day of reckoning will come in my lifetime!!
    GOD SAVE THE REPUBLIC & ALL HERE!!
    Poinsetta.gif

8. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

At least a Day of Reckoning will come beyond our lifetimes.

KansasSunshine and Beth B like this.
  9. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

I like that he said this to crowd, it shows that he is trying to create unity or may be is trying to survive the craziness. Could he be taking his own advice, when he was speaking of Mosul and stating the US should not announce that they will be attacking there beforehand, maybe he is quietly gathering his evidence and when he is ready he will pounce. I see this as a smart move.

Booklady likes this.
  10. BrianK

Maybe.

Folks thought Pope Francis was just cleverly drawing out the dissidents too just so he could terminate them. Turns out the Kasper agenda was his agenda all along, and the folks who denied he supported the Kasper agenda because of its obvious heresy now claim this same heresy is somehow "merciful."

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice?

Mac likes this.
  11. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

One should expect duplicity from politicians. Not popes.

12. BrianK

But that's what we've gotten from both; our pope is a politician who is actively undermining the moral and sacramental structure of Christ's Church.

DeGaulle likes this.
  13. CrewDog

CrewDog Powers

Let's Face-It Gang! The Storm is NOW! What's going on in Rome, DC, Berlin, Paris , Moscow, ....... must come to pass for the God orchestrated Storm to unfold. Pope Francis is simply acting out his part. I simply don't have another reasonable explanation ... unless there is no Storm and he is some kind of Manchurian Candidate to oversee the liberal social engineering of The Church into insignificance.

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

JMJ2.jpg

Booklady, Byron, Fatima and 1 other person like this.
  14. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

I gave you like because I love the picture, beautiful!

Booklady likes this.
  15. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Two years ago, I gave the Holy Father the benefit of doubt and felt he was drawing out the liberal or heterodox cardinals and bishops to do just that.....expose them and discipline them. After the second synod and after his document AL, it became clear he actually favored the dissenters and marginalized those who held to unchanging truths. Crew Dog is right, it is all part of God's plan to expose them all from the top down. We are in the storm of apostasy and heresy. Many prophecies have warned us for years that the church would go through its trial and it is. Prophecy also warned us to stay true to what you have always been taught. In doing so, I am not judging our Pope, Cardinals, Bishops and Priests, rather I just pray for them.

Interesting, I just posted 20 Supplications from our Lady to Edson G. (Our Lady of the Amazon thread) given on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception 12/8/16 and the first message was all about praying for our Pope, Cardinals and Bishops. Since my family prays the rosary every evening, I decided to read and keep in our rosary one of the supplications every night.

little me, DeGaulle, Booklady and 4 others like this.
  16. BrianK

I can honestly say, before God and men, that I've prayed and fasted and born crosses for the Pope and the men who are trying to spread his heterodox agenda. I pray earnestly for their conversion, and if they refuse to convert, their confounding.

"Jesus, I Trust in you."

Fatima likes this.
  17. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

How did this end up about the pope? I guess some people just can't help theselves.

18. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Amen, I say to you,
    among those born of women
    there has been none greater than John the Baptist;
    yet the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

You guys are too much

Brother al

DonnaS likes this.
  19. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

I think everyone has been pretty good. And much restraint shown.
    Perhaps you dont follow current church events through other means, but a lot is going down.